DC Designs PT-17 Stearman is Out - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DC Designs PT-17 Stearman is Out

Thank you AK416, that is helpful. Not good but helpful in understanding. I am purchasing as little as possible in the marketplace going forward and try to go directly to the creator's site if available.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Like I said "It FEELS like it", not is!
    Ignoring the rest, you quite clearly wrote: "Someone tell me if this is not true because it's pretty c%$##y if it is."

That was what "completely invented" meant - it isn't true. Apologies if it came across as harsh, but I have to reply to countless messages like this daily, and we devs have no power when it comes to the Marketplace delays in updates and new products.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Ignoring the rest, you quite clearly wrote: "Someone tell me if this is not true because it's pretty c%$##y if it is."

That was what "completely invented" meant - it isn't true. Apologies if it came across as harsh, but I have to reply to countless messages like this daily, and we devs have no power when it comes to the Marketplace delays in updates and new products.
    Thank you, no worries, it hit me the wrong way when I first read it. Let me know if your ever in the Boston area we can go out for a beer.

LouP

Apologies if it came across as harsh, but I have to reply to countless messages like this daily, and we devs have no power when it comes to the Marketplace delays in updates and new products.
    But OF COURSE you have the power to decide where to sell your products and where not.

And if you had had to endure what we have (already for 3 months) with Drzewiecki and Orbx scenery bought from the Marketplace, while the same products bought somewhere else work OK, you'd understand why we don't want even to hear about the Marketplace.

And before you come out again with the piracy question, be advised that other vendors have also security systems, like the Contrail app used by LatinVFR to sell their products through Simmarket, for example.

I really hope you eventually reconsider your decision, because I'd really love to buy the Concorde.

If you have issues with the Marketplace, the most likely place to get any resolution is the official forum. To my knowledge, nobody from MS/Asobo visits this board.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    If you have issues with the Marketplace, the most likely place to get any resolution is the official forum. To my knowledge, nobody from MS/Asobo visits this board.
    Thanks Tom, but many have reported this issue in the official forum, and MS/Asobo have been completely deaf/irresponsive.

Anyhow, I'm not looking for help with the Marketplace here. Thought this was obvious.

Oh, it was quite obvious. I was just trying to bump the thread's direction in a slightly different direction.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I wasn't actually expecting help here Tom, just kind of ranting. Didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers along the way. I'm better now, had a beer, purchased a debonair, and have been flying for hours with Skypark down in the Caribbean.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    But OF COURSE you have the power to decide where to sell your products and where not.
    Yes, this is true. However, I'm not aware of any advantages in voluntarily dumping 70% of my company's income.

As it happens, I am in the process of arranging a deal with Just Flight for Concorde that is the same as that for the F-14 Tomcats and Stearman, so it may yet appear on third-party stores. The reason for this is the current huge delays in the Marketplace updates / release schedule.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

As it happens, I am in the process of arranging a deal with Just Flight for Concorde that is the same as that for the F-14 Tomcats and Stearman, so it may yet appear on third-party stores. The reason for this is the current huge delays in the Marketplace updates / release schedule.
    Great news. Thank you very much, Dean.

Sill no sign of the update in the marketplace yet

I hope this isn't an indication of how impotent MS/Asobo think you are to them. I know they said they had a backlog of updates to take care of but I thought they would have dealt with them in the order they received them and this ones been so long now that it surely must have made its way to the top of the pile by now.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post

I hope this isn't an indication of how impotent MS/Asobo think you are to them. I know they said they had a backlog of updates to take care of but I thought they would have dealt with them in the order they received them and this ones been so long now that it surely must have made its way to the top of the pile by now.
    I never buy airplanes, if possible, from the marketplace. I only purchase scenery thaat isn't likely to get updated very often.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Yea I hear you, I Should have looked for it else ware first but saw it and instantly pulled the trigger.

BTW I just spotted a typo in my post. I meant important not impotent, damn auto correct.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Yea I hear you, I Should have looked for it else ware first but saw it and instantly pulled the trigger.

BTW I just spotted a typo in my post. I meant important not impotent, damn auto correct.
    I did the exact same thing. Sure drilled home to never do THAT again if possible to avoid. :-)

LouP

Yes, this is true. However, I'm not aware of any advantages in voluntarily dumping 70% of my company's income.

GAS sells from its own website directly using Payloadz. They only charge 15%. Of course we use other vendors to expand our reach. Have you considered direct sales using Payloadz?

The Stearman was in the queue to be updated, but it had been on hold by MS for so long that the last sim update then broke it again ( smoke effects borked ). The Marketplace is now so slow that aircraft updates are broken before they can even be processed. I have put all updates on hold now until after SU7 as I'm wasting my time trying to update anything, as all the work is then lost when MS updates the sim and changes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    GAS sells from its own website directly using Payloadz. They only charge 15%. Of course we use other vendors to expand our reach. Have you considered direct sales using Payloadz?
    Not at this time, no, I'm just too busy to run a sales website of my own as well as everything else.

OK thanks for the update on the update

There still releasing plenty of new stuff on the market place which brings in their cut of the sales so that's probably much more important to them where as updates to 3rd party stuff doesn't really boost their coffers.

Guess we'll all have to wait it out.
    I'm still enjoying flying the version that we have though and its by far my most flown plane in the sim. Great for sight seeing in VR
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

I know from a business standpoint a platform like downloadz may be nice for the seller as you as a developer get more of the money. I have purchased more than my share of payware aircraft over the years, including a few from GAS using the downloadz platform and as a consumer I find it a less pleasing experience, as its harder to go back to it later and redownload if there are updates or if I just need to find it again.

Using the MSFS app store or an updater tool like Orbx is more convenient as its easy to add/remove/update and the fewer places I have to go to find all the aircraft I have purchased over the years the better.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I have put all updates on hold now until after SU7 as I'm wasting my time trying to update anything, as all the work is then lost when MS updates the sim and changes everything.
    I completely sympathise, how could it be otherwise, but I think this is a battle lost in advance. That's the absurdity of this concept of on-line sim, which becomes a never-ending race, where you can never be up to date for more than a few days or weeks.

The Marketplace is now so slow that aircraft updates are broken before they can even be processed. I have put all updates on hold now until after SU7 as I'm wasting my time trying to update anything, as all the work is then lost when MS updates the sim and changes everything.
    Does that apply to eg JustFlight too?
    They're very quick getting updates up, it would be a shame if Microsoft's lardy tardiness did for everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    They're very quick getting updates up, it would be a shame if Microsoft's lardy tardiness did for everyone
    I purchased my copy of the Stearman through Just Flight. They updated the Stearman months ago.

Just recently, I had to use their support for the Hawk. I found it most pleasent and timely.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Yep, I always buy from Justflight if I can, but Dean is suggesting he won't bother with updates at all for now because Microsoft are so slow to deploy them that they are already broken by the next Simupdate before the original aircraft update gets on the marketplace, even though Justflight did get them out.
    With 70%+ of Dean's sales coming from the Marketplace I can understand his position...

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    It does, but only until after Sim Update 7 next week. The Stearmans, providing everything is still working, will have their smoke updated to one that works again and be sent to both JF and the Marketplace. F-14 and F-15s will be updated in the New Year as Concorde is the priority project at the moment, and although there is lots I'm keen to add to the Tomcats and Eagles, they're basically working well so there's not so much need to rush any updates out for them.

Members who have read this thread: 0