DC Designs PT-17 Stearman is Out - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DC Designs PT-17 Stearman is Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Until we have some sort of suitable DRM for products distributed by third-party stores, everything I release will be Marketplace only. The F-16s may differ from that as they're SC Designs, so it's up to him how he proceeds. As I mentioned earlier, the vast majority of sales come from the Marketplace, so while I wouldn't want to cut out other platforms entirely by choice, for now it makes sense. I'm not happy just sitting back and watching criminals steal my work the day it's released and make money from it ( which they do, despite what others might think ).

About the only thing I'm concerned about is the 16 week wait mentioned in an above post for updates / releases on the Marketplace. If that turns out to be true then simple economics might force wide releases until things get sorted at Microsoft.
    Then you have lost this customer I'm afraid. I own most of your creations, but I will not buy from the place that will be unnamed. You can't imagine how sad this makes me, because I really like your views on FS models, but it is a matter of principle.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Re-downloaded with ESET turned off. Ran installer as admin. Still getting this. Posted on your Facebook page with no solution.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1079).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	250.5 KB 
ID:	84564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1080).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	250.9 KB 
ID:	84565Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1070).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	340.7 KB 
ID:	84566

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Re-downloaded with ESET turned off. Ran installer as admin. Still getting this. Posted on your Facebook page with no solution.

Penzoil3, from the looks of that error message, it looks like you're running into the Windows path length limit.

I'd suggest doing the registry edit that turns off that limit and allows unlimited pathlengths. No headaches involved, and I've never seen any negatives to doing it.

https://www.howtogeek.com/266621/how...60-characters/

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post

That's because you do not give me time to reply, seeing as I evidently live in a different time zone and only see your messages a few hours after they're sent.

This is a Just Flight installer issue. Occasionally it does this. As replied to you, JF support is where you need to contact, not me - I do not build the installer. A few others have had the same issue and seen it fixed.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    but it is a matter of principle.

Priller
    Same for me.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Principles are so inconvenient. I no longer have any, they made us turn them in at law school.

August

I am very much against any sort of DRM, but I will at least applaud Dean for using safe methods of DRM instead of trying to implement it in house. We are already seeing other developers use invasive and potentially unsafe methods of DRM that require external programs and cause nothing but headaches for paying customers while pirates walk away with a better (DRM free) version of a product they didn't even pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    I am very much against any sort of DRM, but I will at least applaud Dean for using safe methods of DRM instead of trying to implement it in house. We are already seeing other developers use invasive and potentially unsafe methods of DRM that require external programs and cause nothing but headaches for paying customers while pirates walk away with a better (DRM free) version of a product they didn't even pay for.
    I'm sorry, but the obsession on this site with pirates is a bit over the top. Whatever system you use to protect your intellectual property, pirates will always find a way around it. And another fact: there will always be people who start out with our hobby by not paying for it. But as soon as they do start to make money from a job, they will start to buy stuff. if only because cracked stuff comes with limitations, a lot of them. Cracked ad ons wil never have the same functionality as the real deal. After a while, these youngsters find out and start to buy things, because they work.

And the notion that people pirating flight sim stuff are in it for the money is just ridiculous. People with the knowledge to crack stuff will not even consider flight sim stuff. There's no money in it. There are games that are financially a lot more interesting. And the youngsters that download flightsim stuff to try? They will never engage in our hobby. They download, try it out, get back to playing world of warcraft. (or whatever game they play)

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    And the notion that people pirating flight sim stuff are in it for the money is just ridiculous
    Not entirely. The sites that host the pirated material use page advertising to make money from every page view. Even if they pay for a copy and then host it, the ads can pay for the purchase and then some. After that, it's pure profit.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

DennyA, thanks, but that's been done. So not the issue.

Can somebody just send me the two missing .json files ?

here ya go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oc-23-jason-sudeikis-textless-cover.jpg   jason-bateman_4004.jpg  
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Well a bunch of updates hit the Marketplace tonight but still no Stearman update.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Well a bunch of updates hit the Marketplace tonight but still no Stearman update.

LouP
    I hate to say "I told you", but...

May I say I'm not really surprised?

Just wanted to say ... doing aeros with smoke on in the Stearman is a blast

But buying from the marketplace ... not so joyful

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    here ya go
    baahahahahahahahahahahah
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

Gee, thanks Heywood.

Anyone care to post a couple of pictures of the cowled version for those of us still waiting for the marketplace update to drool over.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Anyone care to post a couple of pictures of the cowled version for those of us still waiting for the marketplace update to drool over.
    Here it is:

Name:	91da592ea375d66b215ac43e334cc45d1bcb5cda.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	84598

Thanks Stearman
    Hopefully I'll be able to fly it someday.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Thanks Stearman
    Hopefully I'll be able to fly it someday.
    Oops, I'm afraid the picture I posted previously wasn't current version. Probably it was from FSX. I realized too late.
    These two I have taken myself. Main difference is current version lacks the rear body fairing.
    Sorry for the mistake.

So it's starting to feel like that there is no plan to release the latest version to the marketplace and is going to be an exclusive to Just Flight customers only. Several rounds of updates have come and gone at the marketplace and still no new version. Someone tell me if this is not true because it's pretty c%$##y if it is.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    So it's starting to feel like that there is no plan to release the latest version to the marketplace and is going to be an exclusive to Just Flight customers only. Several rounds of updates have come and gone at the marketplace and still no new version. Someone tell me if this is not true because it's pretty c%$##y if it is.

LouP
    This is completely invented. The Marketplace has had the updated Stearman for 2 weeks now, but they have a long backlog so all new releases and updates are taking a long time to appear. If the long wait for updates is genuinely life-threatening for you, please feel free to contact the Samaritans for support.

“There is a backlog right now that is driving third party developers crazy. Because they send us their creation and they want to publish it and we have a little, you know, we have a little stack that is fairly large. So we just decided to hire another four people to help with this. Because it’s not what we want. What we want is people to bring their creations to everybody as soon as they possibly can. That will help also, by the way, with updates, just to be clear. For us, an update to a plane, for example, or an airport, is just the same amount of work because we’re testing it, we typically spend, you know, 3-4 hours to check everything, and then with planes obviously a lot longer. So, in order to get the throughput and the delays reduced, we’re hiring. And we had another dev joining our team on the Microsoft side, his name is Todd, really great dev. He’s going to help us with tooling because the tooling is just not awesome. We, frankly, did not expect that much content. It’s more than we thought. Which is great and all, but you need to be able to, obviously, bring it to the customer or potential customer.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6-2nGEXn0w&t=4535s

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    This is completely invented. The Marketplace has had the updated Stearman for 2 weeks now, but they have a long backlog so all new releases and updates are taking a long time to appear. If the long wait for updates is genuinely life-threatening for you, please feel free to contact the Samaritans for support.
    Like I said "It FEELS like it", not is! And also like I said, they've gone through many updates, not one, not two, but three now. So if they've had it for weeks, what the heck are they doing with it?! I am not a conspiracy creator but simply stating how it's starting to feel. We are still allowed to have individual feelings in todays world, at least in mine.

So I will clarify, my statement above IS NOT FACT but simply how it's starting to feel to me. Any other clarification on what the heck is going on would also be appreciated. No it's not life threating but it would be nice to have the same product I purchased as other people have.

Rant over!

LouP

Members who have read this thread: 0