DC Designs PT-17 Stearman is Out - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DC Designs PT-17 Stearman is Out

I "reserve" it , this is "our" Stearman in Poland but I will do as soon as you know how to add these paints separately, and not overwrite the original ones so Im waiting too.

https://cezet.wordpress.com/2017/03/09/the-oldboy/ Just don't expect it to be so clean .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi, I'm no repaint expert at all, but in case it might be of help, I thought I'd share what I have seen other authors do:
    They provide NOT ONLY the texture folder (e.g. TEXTURE.153) but also a model folder (e.g. MODEL.153) with a model.cfg file in it, to be all copied into the \simobjects\airplanes\DCDesigns_Stearman folder.
    They also provide a text file with the text you have to include in the aircraft.cfg file, with all the new livery's info. This text typically start with [FLTSIM.x], where you have the replace the X with the first sequentially available number, like we used to do in FSX.
    Finally, they provide the auto_json.exe file, in order for you to renew the layout.json file accordingly.
    I've successfully used this method sometimes, so I thought it might work with the Stearman as well.
    I might be wrong, though, since I don't know if all aircraft share the same file/folder structure.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I "reserve" it , this is "our" Stearman in Poland but I will do as soon as you know how to add these paints separately, and not overwrite the original ones so Im waiting too.

https://cezet.wordpress.com/2017/03/09/the-oldboy/ Just don't expect it to be so clean .
    That is Sierra Hotel buddy ! NICE WORK
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

my next one..............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 996.JPG  

and this one also
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 996.JPG  

got it - they all look terrific Ralf - thank you

check out these Navy repaints - very nice !
    https://youtu.be/_oC9GefaMcM
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    got it - they all look terrific Ralf - thank you

https://youtu.be/_oC9GefaMcM

You Are Welcome,
    Thank´s for testing!!!
    cheers Ralf

@Banjoman1960
    The last little detail that needs fixing on 153 applies to all of your repaints of the Stearman.
    The checkerboard pattern and the Red White and Blue Flag all need to follow the rudder line at the lower rear fuselage - and not just carry onto the lower rear fuselage fairing.

If you look at the RL image posted by YoYo it shows the correct Flag application

aside from this small detail these paints are Excellent !
    enter..the Sandman

Rudder has now been remodeled for accuracy, and the surplus "texture" folder removed, so when updated there will probably be a minor change required to re-paints to match the new layout ( it's only a tiny difference in the position of the slant at the bottom of the rudder ).
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Good News for Painter,Mod work now

https://de.flightsim.to/file/16185/d...arman-navy-153

as a standalone Mod,
    Big Thank´s to FlyingsCool to make this Drop in Mod for me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Rudder has now been remodeled for accuracy, and the surplus "texture" folder removed, so when updated there will probably be a minor change required to re-paints to match the new layout ( it's only a tiny difference in the position of the slant at the bottom of the rudder ).
    Thank You Dean!
    I really like your approach for community and suggestions and I appreciate it very much!
    This is a great example for others of very good approach from developer side so that everyone will be satisfied and your model will receive high marks.
    It is a pity that this does not apply to all developers whose requests are ignored or they say they don't see the problem LOL.
    I bow low!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thank´s for this,
    will redo my Paints then

Thank You Dean!
    I really like your approach for community and suggestions and I appreciate it very much!
    This is a great example for others of very good approach from developer side so that everyone will be satisfied and your model will receive high marks.
    It is a pity that this does not apply to all developers whose requests are ignored or they say they don't see the problem LOL.
    I bow low!
    I'll second that!!

Thank You Dean!
    I bow low!
    Thanks YoYo!

Updates completed for now, here's the Changelog for v1.0.2, which will be sent to Just Flight and the marketplace in the next day or so:

v1.0.2

- Wingtip polygons re-shaped
    - Rudder re-built for more accurate shape
    - Texture maps re-configured for greater accuracy
    - Surplus "Texture" folder removed
    - XML code revised for better functionality with MSFS
    - Wing wires re-positioned for greater accuracy
    - Navigation light switch bug fixed
    - Aerodynamics altered for reduced aileron roll rate and increased parasitic airframe drag
    - Toe brake scalar increased for realism

There will be other updates in the future but this should cover everything to make the package a solid product for now. I will complete the Tomcats and then circle back to see what can be added and, if necessary, improved.

Cheers!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

WIP
    996 and 964 gor next update.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 996.JPG   964.JPG   964.JPG  
    Last edited by banjoman1960; June 14th, 2021 at 13:43.

Looks like these have the correct file structure - got them installed just fine!
    I have grampa duty now though so I won’t be able to post screenies for a short while.
    Great work though Ralf!
    enter..the Sandman

- Toe brake scalar increased for realism
    Hi Dean, thanks for the announced updates. I only hope the brake scalar is not MUCH increased. Remember you wanted the Stearman to be "for everybody" and, indeed, I love how forgiving it is so far.

OTOH, no tailwheel lock lever, now or eventually?

Thanks once again, best regards.

Ah, I found what was wrong on my end (I forgot one 0 somewhere..), I'll upload these later this week.
    If you see any errors, now's the time to report them!

PT000 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5482 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Ah, I found what was wrong on my end (I forgot one 0 somewhere..), I'll upload these later this week.
    If you see any errors, now's the time to report them!

PT000 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5482 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    later this week is the only Error i found
    look´s great.........

it is ready,
    updated for the new Version and ad more Detail.........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 153.JPG   964.JPG   996.JPG  

did a test and find this other beauty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bbsa.JPG  

Took the update up for a flight today and it feels great. Thanks for tweaking the flight model, Dean!

And thanks for the wonderful paints, Jankees and Banjoman1960!

Originally Posted by banjoman1960
    HI,Dakota
    Yes,i have Fun........still but miss our Baby in this Sim......i have it working,but no switches......it is still one off the best Vc in this new Sim
    in this Sim it is a beauty......

miss also the Good old Betatest time and the Team,was a great Time

All Best to You,
    and if you ever start at the DC3 again,i am on Standby!!!

Cheers Ralf

Thanks Ralf !

Yes, those were the days, éh !? Maybe, who knows, we'll do it again. Missing the ol' Dakota very badly too but it'll be there i'm sure. One way or another !

In the mean time we can have fun with a hangar full of Stearmans. You keep at it, my friend, and thanks very much for the paints you already did. Love 'em all !

Tschüss!
    Jan

Beautiful repaints guys, great work!

Members who have read this thread: 0