DC Designs PT-17 Stearman is Out - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DC Designs PT-17 Stearman is Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    The paint kit is in the main aircraft's "Documents" folder.
    Please have a look at the post from Jan Kees,
    it look like the problem is not only me to get a Livery Mod work
    Thank´s Ralf

I'm just seeing this - it does seem odd but there's nothing particular about the aircraft that should cause this really. I do note that I have the texture.cfg files calling two fallback folders, which should normally only be one - I suspect that might be why but even then, it should not matter. I can add textures easily enough here when I want to.

I will look in to this, but if anybody figures it out before me please do drop me a PM and I'll issue a super-quick update to sort it.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Hey Dean,this is how the plane look as a mod,
    i have try to put the files all in the Comon folder,run Auto_Json and it still look like this?
    if i ad it to the Mainfolder it show right..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aaa.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    i have try to put the files all in the Comon folder,run Auto_Json and it still look like this?
    This look like the "default" texture are NOT found. Also adding a repaint via the main-packet and run Auto-Jason is not a wise thing to do.

Better to make a separate repaint packets, which refers to the main-packet.

Example of the "Spitfire repaint":

Code:
    [VERSION]
    major =1
    minor =0

[VARIATION]
    base_container = "..\flyingiron_spitfire"

[PILOT]
    pilot =""
    copilot =""
    instructor =""
    pilot_default_animation ="","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""
    copilot_default_animation ="","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""
    pilot_attach_node ="PILOT_0"
    copilot_attach_node ="PILOT_1"

;===================== FLTSIM =====================

[FLTSIM.0]
    Title="Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX, RAF 322 Sqn, W3-B, MK265"
    Model=""
    Panel=""
    Sound=""
    Texture="mk265"
    KB_Checklists=""
    KB_Reference=""
    description="Spitfire IXc RAF 322 Sqn, W3-B, MK265, Repaint by Marcel Ritzema."
    wip_indicator=2
    ui_manufacturer="Supermarine"
    ui_type="Spitfire Mk IX"
    ui_variation="RAF 322 Sqn, W3-B, MK265"
    ui_typerole="Fighter"
    ui_createdby="FlyingIron Simulations, Repaint by Marcel Ritzema"
    ui_thumbnailfile=""
    ui_certified_ceiling=44000
    ui_max_range=350
    ui_autonomy=2
    ui_fuel_burn_rate=-1
    atc_id="POLLY"
    icao_airline="RFR"
    atc_id_enable=1
    atc_airline=""
    atc_flight_number=""
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_id_color="0x00000000"
    atc_id_font=""
    isAirTraffic=0
    isUserSelectable=1
    atc_parking_types="ANY"
    atc_parking_codes=""

Looks like it's missing some of the textures such as Stearman_Decals, which are in both the texture and texture.common folder, so it's odd as it should detect them from one or the other.

Definitely something I need to solve as there are bound to be repaints being done already.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

My problem is different, if I make a folder for my repaints to park it in the community folder, the paint does not show. I've probably put a comma wrong somewhere, or something similar, but no luck yet...

so now I overwrite the default paints, I hope you don't mind, Dean?

pt006 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

pt003 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

pt004 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

but before I upload them, I need to find a solution for this..

Banjo, for your problem, copy a texture.cfg file from any of the other paints and park it in the folder holding your textures, that should solve it (I think).
    Of course, if we find a way to park the textures in a separte folder in the community folder, you have to edit the texture.cfg again..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    My problem is different, if I make a folder for my repaints to park it in the community folder, the paint does not show. I've probably put a comma wrong somewhere, or something similar, but no luck yet...

Banjo, for your problem, copy a texture.cfg file from any of the other paints and park it in the folder holding your textures, that should solve it (I think).
    Of course, if we find a way to park the textures in a separte folder in the community folder, you have to edit the texture.cfg again..
    No problem at all Jan!

I have not used the process of adding liveries via the community folder, so this issue is not something I would have known how to check for really. I can't think what's causing it at the moment, but hopefully will have a revelation at some point or other.

hey Ralf - before you upload your repaint of the Stearman please note:
    There are two other issues it took me a minute to realize.
    First - the number on the forward fuselage MUST match the number on the fuselage band - so all four on your airplane MUST be 153
    I could not find a clear picture of your airplane with both numbers visible so here is a different example

also - the checkerboard pattern on the tail must follow the shape of the rudder only - and not be painted on the fuselage at all

see also this drawing of a PT-13 (same rudder as the PT-17) that shows the correct shape of the rudder (upper right hand corner)
    Last edited by heywooood; June 12th, 2021 at 13:23.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Ralf - it looks like the tail registration number also needs to be fixed.
    The Navy airplane number 153 is derived from the Aircraft registration number (the N---number) N23123 should be N23153
    All you will need to do is flip the '2' on both tail registration N numbers and on the forward fuselage to make 153 consistent with the large fuselage band number

you can also see in this image where the checkerboard on the rudder needs correction (checks removed from the lower rear fuselage fairing) Checks should only be painted on the rudder itself.
    Dean has said on the other forum that the rudder itself will be corrected to its proper shape in a patch (next or future)
    enter..the Sandman

@ Dean: while i probabely was waiting for your MSFS Stearman more then anyone else i just bought it today. Thought i'd wait for "the dust to settle" and for the promised patch as well. After my first expanded circuit i gotta say i think it's a delight !

It's a delight to look at, from the inside and even more from the outside, a delight to fly, and a delight to listen to. It has become my fav MSFS plane instantly. No need to lock my MSFS default aircraft hangar anymore while i'm away, i don't care if any of 'em get stolen. Don't need any of 'em anymore. Mind you, fav plane until that four engined, fire breathing, smoke belching, oil dripping mistress finally arrives of course. But then your Stearman will still remain my fav single engine biplane naturally.

Kudos particularly also for the soundsuite, Dean. Love the way you integrated the sound of the onslaught of the wind onto the airframe and wires and struts and all and how it becomes a deafening torture while i put the plane in an almost vertical dive and becomes totally silence during a stall. Well done ! And not to forget the Continental R-670 sound itself, absolutely lovely. (edit: although i just became aware that it's 'Sim Acoustics' that did the soundsuite for your Stearman so kudos to them too, but it's still *your* Stearman.. ;-)

What i'd be most looking for in a possible future patch is that you may find a solution for the currently not visible passenger/student in the front seat from the aft VC. No doubt not that easy to correct neither is the appearance of the fuselage and hstab/rudder spars (longerons, stringers) which look a tad too pronounced currently. (IMHO naturally)

Thanks very much for your wonderful edition of, what i believe, is one of the prettiest aeroplanes ever designed. Well done, Dean, LOVE it !

@ All repainters: keep 'em coming, i love 'em all ! ( i mean, look at Heywooood's screenie above, pretty as a picture, isn't it. Well done, Ralf ! Good to see you're having fun too ! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    @ Dean: while i probabely was waiting for your MSFS Stearman more then anyone else i just bought it today. Thought i'd wait for "the dust to settle" and for the promised patch as well. After my first expanded circuit i gotta say i think it's a delight !
    (IMHO naturally)

Thanks very much for your wonderful edition of, what i believe, is one of the prettiest aeroplanes ever designed. Well done, Dean, LOVE it !

Thanks very much Javis, really glad you like her and are enjoying flying the Stearman in MSFS!

I too want my passengers visible when flying, I used to love that feature of MSFS! However, since one of the updates the "nodes to hide" function hasn't been working properly ( same for the F-15s, you can no longer see the WSO behind you in the twin-seaters ) so I'm waiting either for a fix for it, or to discover what mysterious new way it has to be used in order to see your passenger. As soon as I do, the feature will return

Thanks very much Javis, really glad you like her and are enjoying flying the Stearman in MSFS!

I too want my passengers visible when flying, I used to love that feature of MSFS! However, since one of the updates the "nodes to hide" function hasn't been working properly ( same for the F-15s, you can no longer see the WSO behind you in the twin-seaters ) so I'm waiting either for a fix for it, or to discover what mysterious new way it has to be used in order to see your passenger. As soon as I do, the feature will return
    I didnt know that. Pilot its a next MSFS issue, sometimes it disappears (especially when you zoom in), I also noticed that sometimes it will load with the leg turned off LOL , but I dont write about Stearman but generall issue.
    Still a lot of way before MS and Asobo to finish this product.

btw.

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Ralf - it looks like the tail registration number also needs to be fixed....
    What did you do to have this different pilot?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    What did you do to have this different pilot?
    On the radioset a little button lets you switch between default pilots and vintage pilots look. R T F M mon ami..

Sure hope so, Dean. Good luck with that !

Blog Entries
    On the radioset a little button lets you switch between default pilots and vintage pilots look. R T F M mon ami..

That only applies if all else fails. Yoyo is far from failing.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Ralf - it looks like the tail registration number also needs to be fixed.
    The Navy airplane number 153 is derived from the Aircraft registration number (the N---number) N23123 should be N23153
    All you will need to do is flip the '2' on both tail registration N numbers and on the forward fuselage to make 153 consistent with the large fuselage band number

you can also see in this image where the checkerboard on the rudder needs correction (checks removed from the lower rear fuselage fairing) Checks should only be painted on the rudder itself.
    Dean has said on the other forum that the rudder itself will be corrected to its proper shape in a patch (next or future)

Hi Heywood,
    the 123 and N23123 are the civilian regnumbers for this Plane,
    the 153 is the historic Paint

but i can change.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post

pt006 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

pt003 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

pt004 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Hi Jankees,if i ad the paints to the planefolder inkl.copy a texture.cfg and run AutoJson it work,all Paints show all Textures,only outside as a mod,it does not work.
    i have 3 Paints ad this way,all work.........but to share i need the Mod working.
    so i have the same Problem.........
    for Heywood it work also,and a lot have download this at Flightsim to,most get it right

https://de.flightsim.to/file/16185/d...arman-navy-153

Nice Paint
    Last edited by banjoman1960; June 13th, 2021 at 05:21.

No problem at all Jan!

I have not used the process of adding liveries via the community folder, so this issue is not something I would have known how to check for really. I can't think what's causing it at the moment, but hopefully will have a revelation at some point or other.
    HI Dean,i have also copy all textures from comon and texture i the mod for test,run auto_Json......it still not show right?
    must be some thing wrong,i made a lot Mods for the Bell47G all work,maybee me? but i have no way to get it work.......
    see
    https://de.flightsim.to/c/liveries/bell-47-g2/ all paints from Easyraider,that´s me

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    This look like the "default" texture are NOT found. Also adding a repaint via the main-packet and run Auto-Jason is not a wise thing to do.

Better to make a separate repaint packets, which refers to the main-packet.

Example of the "Spitfire repaint":

Code:
    [VERSION]
    major =1
    minor =0

[VARIATION]
    base_container = "..\flyingiron_spitfire"

[PILOT]
    pilot =""
    copilot =""
    instructor =""
    pilot_default_animation ="","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""
    copilot_default_animation ="","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""
    pilot_attach_node ="PILOT_0"
    copilot_attach_node ="PILOT_1"

;===================== FLTSIM =====================

[FLTSIM.0]
    Title="Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX, RAF 322 Sqn, W3-B, MK265"
    Model=""
    Panel=""
    Sound=""
    Texture="mk265"
    KB_Checklists=""
    KB_Reference=""
    description="Spitfire IXc RAF 322 Sqn, W3-B, MK265, Repaint by Marcel Ritzema."
    wip_indicator=2
    ui_manufacturer="Supermarine"
    ui_type="Spitfire Mk IX"
    ui_variation="RAF 322 Sqn, W3-B, MK265"
    ui_typerole="Fighter"
    ui_createdby="FlyingIron Simulations, Repaint by Marcel Ritzema"
    ui_thumbnailfile=""
    ui_certified_ceiling=44000
    ui_max_range=350
    ui_autonomy=2
    ui_fuel_burn_rate=-1
    atc_id="POLLY"
    icao_airline="RFR"
    atc_id_enable=1
    atc_airline=""
    atc_flight_number=""
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_id_color="0x00000000"
    atc_id_font=""
    isAirTraffic=0
    isUserSelectable=1
    atc_parking_types="ANY"
    atc_parking_codes=""
    HI,
    that´s wat i have do with all paints i make for the Bell47G,there it work......
    for me no way to get it work at the Stearman,
    it work only Fsx way in the planefolder,and edit the Json via Auto_Json,then all show right. (3 paints this way work)

It's a delight to look at, from the inside and even more from the outside, a delight to fly, and a delight to listen to. It has become my fav MSFS plane instantly. No need to lock my MSFS default aircraft hangar anymore while i'm away, i don't care if any of 'em get stolen. Don't need any of 'em anymore. Mind you, fav plane until that four engined, fire breathing, smoke belching, oil dripping mistress finally arrives of course. But then your Stearman will still remain my fav single engine biplane naturally.

Kudos particularly also for the soundsuite, Dean. Love the way you integrated the sound of the onslaught of the wind onto the airframe and wires and struts and all and how it becomes a deafening torture while i put the plane in an almost vertical dive and becomes totally silence during a stall. Well done ! And not to forget the Continental R-670 sound itself, absolutely lovely. (edit: although i just became aware that it's 'Sim Acoustics' that did the soundsuite for your Stearman so kudos to them too, but it's still *your* Stearman.. ;-)

What i'd be most looking for in a possible future patch is that you may find a solution for the currently not visible passenger/student in the front seat from the aft VC. No doubt not that easy to correct neither is the appearance of the fuselage and hstab/rudder spars (longerons, stringers) which look a tad too pronounced currently. (IMHO naturally)

@ All repainters: keep 'em coming, i love 'em all ! ( i mean, look at Heywooood's screenie above, pretty as a picture, isn't it. Well done, Ralf ! Good to see you're having fun too ! ;-)
    HI,Dakota

Yes,i have Fun........still but miss our Baby in this Sim......i have it working,but no switches......it is still one off the best Vc in this new Sim
    in this Sim it is a beauty......

miss also the Good old Betatest time and the Team,was a great Time

All Best to You,
    and if you ever start at the DC3 again,i am on Standby!!!

Cheers Ralf

Hi Heywood,
    the 123 and N23123 are the civilian regnumbers for this Plane,
    the 153 is the historic Paint

but i can change.
    Ralf - please take another look at the picture of 153 I posted just above the drawing that shows the rudder, along with fuselage framing etc.
    In that photo where I reference the correct checkerboard pattern you can clearly see the N— number
    and it is actually ‘N53153’
    Unless there is another Stearman painted as 153 -
    one other thing is certain, I sure ain’t as observant as I once was lol
    enter..the Sandman

Ok Heywooood...........,You Win
    if it we can release as a Mod i make one were i change that all to 153....... OK?

ouch - I'm only making suggestions based on what I see..
    I don't see it as win or lose, right or wrong, - just observations. It either is or isn't accurate to the original.
    You're the artist - the work itself is yours alone to decide on.
    The repaint is fine as is - I appreciate having it to use.
    Same goes for the DCD Stearman. No one asked for my opinion - I just wanted to make suggestions and provide examples to show the differences that exist or had existed between the actual and the representation of the Model 75
    I did not criticize the work, the suggestions I made were based purely on observations and supported by photographic or illustrated examples.
    Unfortunately I think the public forums have become polluted by the so called 'complainers' to the point that any attempt to pose even the most mild observations is seen in the same light.

I'll have to keep this in mind going forward and set aside my urge to render 'assistance' this way - It's easier maybe when the subject matter is anything but a Stearman.

I look forward to the paint kit being sorted out by Dean and Co and more of your work and that of the rest of the repainting community, as always.
    enter..the Sandman

ouch - I'm only making suggestions based on what I see..
    I don't see it as win or lose, right or wrong, - just observations. It either is or isn't accurate to the original.
    You're the artist - the work itself is yours alone to decide on.
    The repaint is fine as is - I appreciate having it to use.
    Same goes for the DCD Stearman. No one asked for my opinion - I just wanted to make suggestions and provide examples to show the differences that exist or had existed between the actual and the representation of the Model 75
    I did not criticize the work, the suggestions I made were based purely on observations and supported by photographic or illustrated examples.
    Unfortunately I think the public forums have become polluted by the so called 'complainers' to the point that any attempt to pose even the most mild observations is seen in the same light.

I'll have to keep this in mind going forward and set aside my urge to render 'assistance' this way - It's easier maybe when the subject matter is anything but a Stearman.

I look forward to the paint kit being sorted out by Dean and Co and more of your work and that of the rest of the repainting community, as always.
    All Good,
    Nice you like the Paint,
    Thank´s

Hey Heywoood

https://de.flightsim.to/file/16185/d...rman-navy-153# texture is updated now,i will upload here wenn the Mod work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 153.JPG  

Members who have read this thread: 1