DC Designs PT-17 Stearman is Out - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DC Designs PT-17 Stearman is Out

Nice set! Crg!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I thank you all, painters, for sharing your work with us. May I suggest that you publish the way where to find your work? Sometimes is a little bit difficult. For example and with this Stearman skins. Military skins under "civilian". Although I know that today they are civilian owned when I see a military skin I look at military. Find nothing, have to look somewhere else. It will be much easier follow a lead....Thanks

if you use flightsim.to just use their 'search' function and type 'stearman' or the artist's name if you know it to get the results you're looking for
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    if you use flightsim.to just use their 'search' function and type 'stearman' or the artist's name if you know it to get the results you're looking for
    my are posted at Flightsim.to as easyraider1960

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Ralf, thank you so much for the awesome paints! They really look professional, and you've been wonderfully patient and accommodating as our aviation expert crowd has provided excellent feedback on perfecting them. The final versions look fantastic, and we can definitely know they're accurate, too!

And Jankees, thank you too! I was especially hoping you'd do that silver scheme!

Dean, really appreciate you and the team making the adjustments to the initial release. I've been watching some Stearman flights on YouTube and the flight model really does feel pretty close to the real thing now. I was surprised the stall-to-landing and sideslip work as well as they do -- I'd gotten the impression sideslips weren't implemented well yet in MSFS but they seem to do well here.

Thank´s,
    yes it was fun to do them,and i learn a lot

cheers Ralf

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Yes, thank you. Business as usual at flightsim.to, not here at SOH...will keep digging ...
    Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    .................................................. ...
    also ad this one now.........
    that´s the last USN i do,next maybee a civilian Paint
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.JPG  

Hi, after a few weeks enjoying the Stearman, this is a suggestion for our talented repainters here:
    how about a Stephen Coonts' Cannibal Queen livery?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	normal_Query_Set_2_Hangar_28Cannibal_Queen_A75N1_N5870029.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	312.4 KB 
ID:	83477

Yep, I know our current Stearman lacks engine cover and rear body fairing, but what the heck, this is all about imagining and enjoying, isn't it?
    There's even a request for that livery in https://flightsim.to/request/livery/...f-the-stearman.
    Regards & happy flying!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    Hi, after a few weeks enjoying the Stearman, this is a suggestion for our talented repainters here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	normal_Query_Set_2_Hangar_28Cannibal_Queen_A75N1_N5870029.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	312.4 KB 
ID:	83477

Yep, I know our current Stearman lacks engine cover and rear body fairing, but what the heck, this is all about imagining and enjoying, isn't it?
    There's even a request for that livery in https://flightsim.to/request/livery/...f-the-stearman.
    Regards & happy flying!!
    +1
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Regards & happy flying!!
    I'm intending to include an engine-fairing version in an update of the Stearman, to cover repaint options for other types. Smoke on/off switch and effect will also be added for those of you who like your airshow aerobatics
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    I'm intending to include an engine-fairing version in an update of the Stearman, to cover repaint options for other types. Smoke on/off switch and effect will also be added for those of you who like your airshow aerobatics
    Thanks, that will be very nice of you. Good turned better...

I normally don't do this but would I be out of line asking for a repaint of the Canibol Queen?

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    I normally don't do this but would I be out of line asking for a repaint of the Canibol Queen?

LouP
    Update for the Stearman is due out soon-ish, with a faired version of the aircraft to match Cannibal Queen and others like her.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Cool

If it's not too late I have noticed that ATC refers to me as just "Type", is it possible to change the aircraft.cfg so they refer to me as "Stearman" or whatever is more appropriate.
    I have the MSFS store version so I can't change it myself.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Cool

If it's not too late I have noticed that ATC refers to me as just "Type", is it possible to change the aircraft.cfg so they refer to me as "Stearman" or whatever is more appropriate.
    I have the MSFS store version so I can't change it myself.
    or Boeing .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi Dean, will this update change the used fuel tank to 'center' as previously discussed
    Thanks
    Keith

Both ATC name and fuel tank requests noted for the update

You can personalize ATC to call your plane whatever you like, even on a skin-by-skin basis.

Edit the aircraft.cfg with a text editor. In the [GENERAL] section there will be an atc_type and an atc_model statement. Make them something like:
    atc_type-"$$:Boeing"
    atc_model="$$:Stearman"

or, if you prefer,
    atc_type=$$:Boeing"
    atc_model="$$:PT-17"

or whatever. Be sure to use the "$$:" at the beginning. That tells the sim to use voice synthesis to sound out the word, even if it isn't in its dictionary.

Then go down to your paint schemes, which are headed [FLTSIM.0], [FLTSIM.1], and so on. Those may also have atc_type and atc_model statements. If they don't, you can add them. Any value you put in there will override the [GENERAL] one for that skin. There is also an atc_id line for your specific call letters So you can have:

atc_type="$$:Boeing"
    atc_model="$$:N2S"
    atc_id=N704AH

This will make ATC call your plane an N2S rather than a PT-17 if you are flying a Navy skin. Or:

atc_type="$$Stearman"
    atc_id="$$:Red Baron"

You get the idea. Whatever you like.

August

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    You can personalize ATC to call your plane whatever you like, even on a skin-by-skin basis.

Edit the aircraft.cfg with a text editor. In the [GENERAL] section there will be an atc_type and an atc_model statement. Make them something like:
    atc_type-"$$:Boeing"
    atc_model="$$:Stearman"

or, if you prefer,
    atc_type=$$:Boeing"
    atc_model="$$:PT-17"

or whatever. Be sure to use the "$$:" at the beginning. That tells the sim to use voice synthesis to sound out the word, even if it isn't in its dictionary.

Then go down to your paint schemes, which are headed [FLTSIM.0], [FLTSIM.1], and so on. Those may also have atc_type and atc_model statements. If they don't, you can add them. Any value you put in there will override the [GENERAL] one for that skin. There is also an atc_id line for your specific call letters So you can have:

atc_type="$$:Boeing"
    atc_model="$$:N2S"
    atc_id=N704AH

This will make ATC call your plane an N2S rather than a PT-17 if you are flying a Navy skin. Or:

atc_type="$$Stearman"
    atc_id="$$:Red Baron"

You get the idea. Whatever you like.

August
    Yep, I already know about that tip for the ATC names August however I have the MSFS store version of the Stearman and the Aircraft.cfg is encrypted so I can't edit it myself

Fortunately the camera.cfg isn't encrypted so I was able to tweak that to my liking, the main view was too far back and the VR view was way too low IMO but that's more of a personal think really.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Ah, sorry. I don't even have this plane, and didn't know it was locked up.

August

I think that with MS Store variants you can change the aircraft.cfg by using repaints - changing the cfg in the livery folder, any changes only applying to that skin.
    fuel tank requests noted for the update
    Thanks

Just discovered a new update (v1.0.3) is available for Dean's Stearman, including a faired version as promised, with a new "Cannibal Queen" livery (censored version).

It's free for us buyers of the previous versions, from Just Flight site.

I really love the new version, even if I still miss the rear body fairing. Thanks once again, Dean.

Just discovered a new update (v1.0.3) is available for Dean's Stearman, including a faired version as promised, with a new "Cannibal Queen" livery (censored version).

It's free for us buyers of the previous versions, from Just Flight site.

I really love the new version, even if I still miss the rear body fairing. Thanks once again, Dean.

Where can I grab this update? Been to JustFlight but it's not showing . . .
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Where can I grab this update? Been to JustFlight but it's not showing . . .
    Like with other releases, go to your downloads and download again, it should be the updated installer.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Members who have read this thread: 0