DC Designs PT-17 Stearman is Out - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DC Designs PT-17 Stearman is Out

Any chance we could get the Fuel tank changed from LeftMain to Centre for the next patch please

The Stearman won't work with FSEconomy as it stands - FSE maps the fuel tanks and for the Stearman it needs Centre, which is the correct one really - the tank IS in the centre, not in the left wing...
    I did try changing the CFG file but the engine won't run

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Any chance we could get the Fuel tank changed from LeftMain to Centre for the next patch please

The Stearman won't work with FSEconomy as it stands - FSE maps the fuel tanks and for the Stearman it needs Centre, which is the correct one really - the tank IS in the centre, not in the left wing...
    i think it has only one,i think most want it as real as it gets?

please do not!!!

CHANGE not add - there will only be one tank and ideally it should be in the CENTRE not on the LEFT, just like reality
    Really it's just a change of name...nothing physically changes.

Stearman has only one tank - in the center of the upper wing. Tank selector is either on or off - where do you see a callout for 'left main' ?
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I think what Keith is getting at is that in the aircraft config file, the single tank is listed/named as 'left', not 'center'.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

So it does… yeah that won’t do for a few reasons will it.
    airplane still has a couple of visual issues as well but has come a distance since release.
    I’ve probably said too much in this regard so I’ll leave it to others to comment on.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I just saw the RCAF aircraft had the US data block on it. Is that intentional?

and working on a new paint, still wip
    jk5755 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Ah, that's what comes from me using an Asobo sample aircraft or similar as a starting point. Center tank would be much preferable. It's not a high priority thing though and I need to crack on with the Tomcats, so have made a note of this and will make sure it's changed in the next update, which will include some extras such as chocks, engine-faired variant and some other goodies.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

I just downloaded the latest model from Just Flight. Always worth the wait for post launch updates. Whatever was changed, this is a good looking and great flying aircraft now. Really cranked up the soundset on this one. Thank you DC for taking the extra time to rework such and iconic aircraft.

-D
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Bought the bird v1.02 and lovin'...the sounds...the plane. One note if I may...the word Stearman is mirrored in Army texture (yellow and blue) right side vertical tail structure. And when with two pilots think I should see a head in front of me. But this is of no importance. Made a serie of flights and this is a great job for a small price. Beautiful. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Bought the bird v1.02 and lovin'...the sounds...the plane. One note if I may...the word Stearman is mirrored in Army texture (yellow and blue) right side vertical tail structure. And when with two pilots think I should see a head in front of me. But this is of no importance. Made a serie of flights and this is a great job for a small price. Beautiful. Thanks
    also in the new paintkit

have made a note of this and will make sure it's changed in the next update
    Thanks, that's great.
    This is now my standard aircraft in MSFS, reading Stephen Coonts' Cannibal Queen and replaying just a few of his flights

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I just saw the RCAF aircraft had the US data block on it. Is that intentional?

and working on a new paint, still wip
    jk5755 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    Awesome shot, awesome paint, Jan Kees ! Oh, and Awesome Bird ! (can't imagine any aviation enthusiast not loving this bird ! )

Jan Kees, that latest repaint, and screenshot, is absolutely stunning!

Would you find it of interest to modify the center hub of the tailwheel texture to look more true-to-life?

Here are some examples of Stearman tailwheels:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...Ew9i6RihMKSmF0
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/kohtz/2790788057/sizes/l/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/harlow...25675/sizes/l/
    https://d29y7fsthxbb26.cloudfront.ne.../13-11618a.jpg
    https://scontent.ffcm1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...1a&oe=60CE7F48
    https://scontent.ffcm1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...ee&oe=60CFDCF4
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Guys,
    sorry ;> but pls to check your skins and position of text and numbers. They are too low:

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    WIP
    996 and 964 gor next update.....
    it's a pity that these cool paints had the inscription shifted in relation to the rudder / elevator position, I don't know why, but in both cases you have quite (but very visible) a shift. Anyway, someone has already written it.

This is typical position (note the US NAVY position of the text):

Hope it helps.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Guys,
    sorry ;> but pls to check your skins and position of text and numbers. They are too low:

it's a pity that these cool paints had the inscription shifted in relation to the rudder / elevator position, I don't know why, but in both cases you have quite (but very visible) a shift. Anyway, someone has already written it.

This is typical position (note the US NAVY position of the text):

Hope it helps.
    Thank´s,
    have to look like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aaaa.JPG  

Thanks, that's great.
    This is now my standard aircraft in MSFS, reading Stephen Coonts' Cannibal Queen and replaying just a few of his flights
    I read it many years ago, great book indeed!!
    But you're right. Maybe it's time to dust it off and try some of the flights

@banjoman1960 , yes !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

@YoYo ,
    ok,Thank´s will redo all and update!

.................................................. ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 153.JPG   964.JPG   996.JPG   thumbnail.JPG  
    Last edited by banjoman1960; June 17th, 2021 at 06:15.

Ralf, thank you so much for the awesome paints! They really look professional, and you've been wonderfully patient and accommodating as our aviation expert crowd has provided excellent feedback on perfecting them. The final versions look fantastic, and we can definitely know they're accurate, too!

And Jankees, thank you too! I was especially hoping you'd do that silver scheme!

Dean, really appreciate you and the team making the adjustments to the initial release. I've been watching some Stearman flights on YouTube and the flight model really does feel pretty close to the real thing now. I was surprised the stall-to-landing and sideslip work as well as they do -- I'd gotten the impression sideslips weren't implemented well yet in MSFS but they seem to do well here.

just uploaded:
    bruj by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

JKst07 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

JKst08 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

it is uploaded...............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.JPG  

Members who have read this thread: 1