RFN Crusader version 1.3 is out - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFN Crusader version 1.3 is out

Hi,
    The DSD Xml sound gauge error mentions "FSX" did you install the P3D package?
    I notice the same kind of texture issue : in your customized texture folder it miss the last cockpit texture files.
    Regards,
    Sylvain

Blog Entries
    Merci bien, mon ami!

dl

DSD Error with v 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    Hi,
    The DSD Xml sound gauge error mentions "FSX" did you install the P3D package?
    I notice the same kind of texture issue : in your customized texture folder it miss the last cockpit texture files.
    Regards,
    Sylvain
    I could fix it by changing the cockpit to the correct one for the 3rd party livery i added. Why "FSX" is not clear. I guess the gauge making the sound comes from the FSX-age . After changing the panel, I hear a click instead of the error window.

Thx

Dan

Safety pins removal

I couldn't hardly removed them from the missiles. I found the check box in the load window, but the logic is a bit strange, since when I uncheck it then click change, it always returns to selected again and the pins remain. Adding armament, one has to click on change to make it effective. But for removing the safety pins, I had to only unselect the check box and close the window. So I need two step, to arm the Crusader. Was this intended this way?

Dan

Hi blaunarwal
    It seems you have not installed the P3D v4 or v5 version.
    On the RFN website, I have changed the order with putting
    P3D v4 or v5 in the first position for download.
    http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/RFN-Avions.htm
    regards
    Michel

Hi Dan,
    The logic is to 1st load the workload with safety flags on, then start the engine and move to catapult, and just before launching remove the flags by just unchecking the box.
    You're right, it is a 2 steps process in order to look like real life procedure.
    Regards,
    Sylvain

Quote Originally Posted by blaunarwal View Post
    I couldn't hardly removed them from the missiles. I found the check box in the load window, but the logic is a bit strange, since when I uncheck it then click change, it always returns to selected again and the pins remain. Adding armament, one has to click on change to make it effective. But for removing the safety pins, I had to only unselect the check box and close the window. So I need two step, to arm the Crusader. Was this intended this way?

Dan

Hi Dan,The logic is to 1st load the workload with safety flags on, then start the engine and move to catapult, and just before launching remove the flags by just unchecking the box. You're right, it is a 2 steps process in order to look like real life procedure.Regards,Sylvain
    It was hard to find out but yes, the simulation is correct that way. ThanksDan

Quote Originally Posted by mpni View Post
    Hi blaunarwalIt seems you have not installed the P3D v4 or v5 version.On the RFN website, I have changed the order with putting P3D v4 or v5 in the first position for download.http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/RFN-Avions.htmregardsMichel
    The file I donwloaded is RFN_Crusader_F-8_P3D_v1.4.zip. I compared even the file downloaded today. It is exactly the same. However, the webpage is much clearer now.Dan
    Last edited by blaunarwal; August 25th, 2021 at 12:25.

Blog Entries
    I should add everything works as it should on mine, WRT weapons configuration, radar, and basic functions I was able to check on a quick 10 min evaluation flight. More digging into the changes from the E later. But so far, so good.

Big thanks Sylvain, Michel, et al.

Yet another cool feature that Sylvain added to give us a little bit more realism with the Crusader.

In the actual procedures, the ordnance safety pins are only removed just prior to takeoff.

On a carrier, when the aircraft has taxied up to the catapult shuttle and the JBD has been raised, they are removed by a redshirt, just prior to the aircraft being attached to the shuttle.

On land, it is done in the designated arm/de-arm areas.... normally located near the ends of the runway(s).

Whether on land or at sea, during the pre-takeoff arming procedure, the pilot(s) are supposed to hold up their hands to show the ground crew that they aren't pressing any buttons or switches when the pins are removed. The ground crew then holds up the flags to show the pilot(s) that they have been removed.

After the aircraft lands, if it still carries ordnance, the procedures are basically reversed.

To make it even more realistic, I tried to convince Sylvain to make it so that the flags could only be removed while the aircraft is on the ground.....but he thought that would be too aggravating for everyone

Hi Dan,
    The logic is to 1st load the workload with safety flags on, then start the engine and move to catapult, and just before launching remove the flags by just unchecking the box.
    You're right, it is a 2 steps process in order to look like real life procedure.
    Regards,
    Sylvain
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Blog Entries
    Weapon configuration logic - and actual functionality-are great as released. Aircraft heels fwd when loaded in response to load out and is reflected in performance.

It’s an amazing release. I love that there’s a small nose C, that’s a very significant model in the Crusader’s history. Hoping some repaints will emerge to further show off this superb project.

If an RF-8G emerges, my bucket list would be complete.

Thanks again for a wonderful model that only continues to get better in 1.4. Spent the last couple of nights re-learning the "Last Gunfighter" with Tacpack in v4.5, still need to head out to the boat.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I'd just like to add my warmest thanks to Sylvain and the team for giving us, with the short-nose C version, a complete set of payware-level Crusaders for P3D. I've spent a lot of time in lock-down painting and tinkering with them.

I have one little issue with the C; a tiny gap has appeared in mid-fuselage, where the front and rear halves meet. It's not present in the other models and may be a result of remodelling the front fuselage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F-8C gap mid-fuselage.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	308.5 KB 
ID:	84211

I've managed to fix it with MCX, a bit of plastic filler and some emery paper but wonder anyone else has seen it?

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    I'd just like to add my warmest thanks to Sylvain and the team for giving us, with the short-nose C version, a complete set of payware-level Crusaders for P3D. I've spent a lot of time in lock-down painting and tinkering with them.

I have one little issue with the C; a tiny gap has appeared in mid-fuselage, where the front and rear halves meet. It's not present in the other models and may be a result of remodelling the front fuselage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F-8C gap mid-fuselage.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	308.5 KB 
ID:	84211

I've managed to fix it with MCX, a bit of plastic filler and some emery paper but wonder anyone else has seen it?

DaveQ
    Now that you mentioned it, I see it too.

Looks like a model issue in the mdl for the F8C - RFN_Crusader_F8C.mdl file

When I rotate the mdl file, the gap can be seen at the bottom as well.

Thank's Gray Eagle and DaveQ.
    I send an email to Sylvain.
    Regards
    Michel

Hi guys,
    Please look at the package now available on our website, I reworked the F-8C exterior mdl to fix this issue (gaps around the wheels and airbrake bays).

regards,
    Sylvain

Many thanks Sylvain, much appreciated. My filling skills were very limited, even on plastic models...!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

No Panel 2 and 3 showing

Panel 2 and 3 do not appear. Are these RFN items exclusive to this plane? Do I have to download and install something
    else for panel 2 and 3 to appear?

Hi Gray Eagle
    You have to go to the RFN Website
    http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/RFN-Gauges.htm
    and download
    Gauge RFN version 5.3 (13/05/2021) and RADAR RFN (02/04/2018)
    You will find also others gauges if you want.
    Regards
    Michel (RFN Webmaster)

Members who have read this thread: 0