What is the easiest way to add custom AI Traffic?

Thread: What is the easiest way to add custom AI Traffic?

What is the easiest way to add custom AI Traffic?

Hello,

I am a volunteer at a small Aircraft Museum here in the UK. In our single hangar we have a FSX based Hawker Hunter simulator where budding pilots young and old fly around our local area before attempting to land back from where they started. The only thing missing and something that we missing is a little local AI which would I think add to the experience.

When I had FS2004, I had a wonderful traffic program from JustFlight that let me populate my skies with a mixture of converted flyable aircraft, but is there something available along those lines available for FSX. We would just like to add types such as Hawker Hunters, Canberras, Nimrods and Shackletons.

Anyone have any ideas on what we could use?

Best wishes to all,

Martin
    Cornwall Aviation Heritage Museum

Hi Martin

For something as limited as that, probably the best solution would be to get "
    FSX GA-Traffic" (freeware) and customise it only for your area (Airport) and your chosen planes.

I just got it myself and it looks like that is very possible, unfortunately I'm learning the ropes myself and I do not think I can be of much more help.

Saludos
    Born to Fly

For something that specific the only way would be to add the aircraft and traffic files manually. There are AI models for some of the aircraft you mentioned, even a few flyable models on a basic traffic flightplan should not cause framerates issues depending on the model. The only one I can find non-AI is the Shackleton. UKMil has a flightplan and model package for the Nimrod on Flightsim. JYAI made an AI Hunter and Canberra.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

You'll need AIFP, available here.

With this, you can recompile your existing flightplans for the new(er) sim.
    All(!!) you'll need is a set of compatible AI models.

Easy.

Dave

Does it mean, that stearable models won't work?

Bernard
    Last edited by leuen; June 8th, 2021 at 04:12.

User flown aircraft that come with FSX are the basis for the stock traffic files, so the Cessna, King Air, and Airbus are in the sim from the start. Other flyable models typically have higher levels of detail which can cause framerate issues with a few of them flying around, but for the most part they work as AI.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I certainly wouldn't recommend that you use flyable aircraft as AI.
    You can probably find what you'd need over at MAIW - for military.
    Civil targets can be found at AVSIM or Flightsim.

Dave

For an extremely easy to use traffic.bgl converter use this:

http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/bglfpfsxconvert02.zip

http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/software.html

Also Military AI Works has the Nimrod, Hunter, and the Canberra... Not sure on the Shackleton but MAIW does have a Lancaster...

Rob Richardson did have an AI Shackleton, but it was the MR2. I've never seen a model of the AEW3.

Dave

I use AIFP and AIG's AI Traffic Manager programs.
    Both are excellent.

AI Traffic Manager will search the internet for the latest traffic files, download and then you can install them using a user friendly couple of mouse clicks to install them.
    If, like me, you use both, watch that you don't install the same airlines.

AIFP has a really nice system of converting FS9 to FSX traffic bgls.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Members who have read this thread: 0