Work around for stuck MB-339 update?

Thread: Work around for stuck MB-339 update?

Work around for stuck MB-339 update?

I purchased the IndiaFoxtrotEcho MB-339 through the store within MSFS. I tried to update it to version 1.2.1, but the download is stuck. I've tried restarting MSFS a couple of times now, as well as trying to delete the update and restart. However, it's stuck at "Decompressing indiafoxtecho-mb339-1.2.1.fspatch" with "0B/3.04GIB" downloaded. I let it sit for nearly a half hour with no change in the download status before giving up.
    Is this a known issue with updating products purchased within the MSFS store? Does anyone know of a work around?
    Cheers,
    Dave

I bought that plane from an outside vendor- however

I have had two issues with updates in the Marketplace - both for Carenado planes. In both instances the solution was to delete the specific aircraft's folder from the 'One Store' folder. (or just remove and rename until you are comfortable deleting)

If you have your 'Community' folder on your desktop just right click and 'open folder location' - there you will see the 'Official' folder - open that to find the 'One Store' folder and delete the MB339

Then just go back to the Marketplace and redownload theMB339 - it should install the updated package..

Keep in mind you can only update 'Marketplace' purchased aircraft with 'Marketplace' / 'Content Manager' updates - I think more than one person has been crossed up by this..
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I bought that plane from an outside vendor- however

I have had two issues with updates in the Marketplace - both for Carenado planes. In both instances the solution was to delete the specific aircraft's folder from the 'One Store' folder. (or just remove and rename until you are comfortable deleting)

If you have your 'Community' folder on your desktop just right click and 'open folder location' - there you will see the 'Official' folder - open that to find the 'One Store' folder and delete the MB339

Then just go back to the Marketplace and redownload theMB339 - it should install the updated package..

Keep in mind you can only update 'Marketplace' purchased aircraft with 'Marketplace' / 'Content Manager' updates - I think more than one person has been crossed up by this..

Thanks very much - that did the trick. Funny - it's showing that I have version 1.2.4 installed now, even though it's technically version 1.2.1. Anyway, I really appreciate the help. I'm thinking I'll lean towards the old fashioned way of buying add-ons in the future (if it's an option that is).
    Cheers,
    Dave

Glad it worked out - I've been helped so many times on this forum it feels good to help someone else finally.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Blog Entries
    I find the MB 339 to be one of the most solid and realistic jets to fly in MSFS. I have Dino's T-45. It too is solid but the dinky (which is a result of MS/Asobo's limitation) HUD takes away from the immersion.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 0