SBD Dauntless

Thread: SBD Dauntless

SBD Dauntless

Which do you like best?

1)The B 24 GUY OH

2)The FDG ones?

There are many textures for both.

TheBookie

I like the FDG Donationware (FDG2_SBD_pack_for_CFS2.zip) birds. But for the SBD-2, I'd go with the OH version.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

ditto Shadow Wolf
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

FDG2 is my choice also.I have dp files setup the same as the AF=Midway Dauntless so it is easier to hand edit the missions.

I need to look for textures before Midway.

TheBookie

Well I can see only 2 members have opinions.No sense asking anymore questions on what members prefer.

TheBookie

Late to the party on this one.

Shadow Wolf & Captain Kurt had it right. The OH model is the only SBD-2 I know of. The FDG2 Dauntless is a -3 or -5 (even though one of the paintjobs supplied is early war with the tail stripes)

Whilst the FDG2 model is nice, I don't know how it behaves as AI. I know Talon preferred the older FDG SBD5 model for his missions ...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Late to the party on this one.

Shadow Wolf & Captain Kurt had it right. The OH model is the only SBD-2 I know of. The FDG2 Dauntless is a -3 or -5 (even though one of the paintjobs supplied is early war with the tail stripes)

Whilst the FDG2 model is nice, I don't know how it behaves as AI. I know Talon preferred the older FDG SBD5 model for his missions ...
    Actually Talon preferred the FDG2 SBD3 but the skins he could convert from CFS3 to CFS2 fit the SBD5.The CFS3 one was also made by FDG.
    He did do some textures for CFS2 and CFS3 WWI planes.His thing was texturing ships,he did a couple for CFS2 which were used campaigns by someone else.In CFS3 he di IJN Carriers,USN Carriers,BB's and Cruisers and the German BB's,BC's and Cruisers.

He did alot for both games.

Also when he did his older campaigns the SBD3 was not available at the time.

Most don't know this but Talon was also part of the Virtual Navy that's why he had all the unreleased vn ships.

TheBookie

Icon22 Reply...

Good evening,

I can't speak for the OH Dauntless, but the AI behavior of both the FDG freeware SBD and the FDG ex-donationware Dauntless have good AI behavior. The Stuka behaves the same way.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Good evening,

I can't speak for the OH Dauntless, but the AI behavior of both the FDG freeware SBD and the FDG ex-donationware Dauntless have good AI behavior. The Stuka behaves the same way.
    The OH Dauntless also has good AI behavior.

TheBookie

Members who have read this thread: 2