A2A Wings of Power II Bf-109E in P3Dv4
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: A2A Wings of Power II Bf-109E in P3Dv4

  1. #1

    A2A Wings of Power II Bf-109E in P3Dv4

    Hi Guys, Does the A2A Wings of Power II Bf-109E work in P3Dv4? Price is right and there are a good number of repaints.Best to you all,Bill

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Hi Guys, Does the A2A Wings of Power II Bf-109E work in P3Dv4? Price is right and there are a good number of repaints.Best to you all,Bill
    Are you sure they have one for P3D? I see one on their store pages for FS9 going for $9.99 but nothing newer.

  3. #3

    That is the question

    Hi Frank, That's my question. No they do not list a compatibility for it, but I have a number of older aircraft that do still work in P3Dv4.5. Has anyone tried these in P3Dv4? Bill

  4. #4
    I've got the WOP II 109e in P3Dv4.5. It works ok, but it shows it's age, and I've hardly flown it. I think I ported it over from FSX more
    just to see if it could be done, rather than any urgent desire to have the plane in P3Dv4.

    However, fair warning, A2A no longer sells or supports the WOP II package and planes. if you're looking to purchase the original
    box, say on ebay, that package won't even work properly in FSX, much less in P3Dv4. In fact, I suspect out of the box, those WOP II
    planes would simply CTD P3Dv4 as soon as you try to load them, if you could even point the installer at P3Dv4.5 to begin with.

    As I recall, when FSX first came out, A2A released a series of hot fixes to get the WOP II planes to work properly in FSX. I don't know
    if those hot fixes are even available anymore, and without them, you won't get anywhere. And even if you could find the hot fixes, I think
    you might still need FSX installed to get the box's disc installer to work at all.

    Sorry to rain on the parade, but just saying. Although there's no native P3Dv4 109e's around that I'm aware of, if you have a 109 itch for
    P3Dv4, then I would highly recommend the 109g from Flight Replicas. It's well worth the full purchase price IMO, and routinely comes on
    sale at substantial discounts.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    I've got the WOP II 109e in P3Dv4.5. It works ok, but it shows it's age, and I've hardly flown it. I think I ported it over from FSX more
    just to see if it could be done, rather than any urgent desire to have the plane in P3Dv4.

    However, fair warning, A2A no longer sells or supports the WOP II package and planes. if you're looking to purchase the original
    box, say on ebay, that package won't even work properly in FSX, much less in P3Dv4. In fact, I suspect out of the box, those WOP II
    planes would simply CTD P3Dv4 as soon as you try to load them, if you could even point the installer at P3Dv4.5 to begin with.

    As I recall, when FSX first came out, A2A released a series of hot fixes to get the WOP II planes to work properly in FSX. I don't know
    if those hot fixes are even available anymore, and without them, you won't get anywhere. And even if you could find the hot fixes, I think
    you might still need FSX installed to get the box's disc installer to work at all.

    Sorry to rain on the parade, but just saying. Although there's no native P3Dv4 109e's around that I'm aware of, if you have a 109 itch for
    P3Dv4, then I would highly recommend the 109g from Flight Replicas. It's well worth the full purchase price IMO, and routinely comes on
    sale at substantial discounts.


    Hi Rob, Thanks for the answer. That puts quit to any use I might have considered to the A2A Emil. For what it's worth - for any one looking for a GOOD Bf-109E for P3Dv4, go get the Just Flight BOB which has a really good Luftwaffe E4 (15 aircraft/Squadrons, plus several other air forces other than Luftwaffe), as well as a good Spitfire and Hurricane. Bill

  6. #6
    Well I fly the A2A 109E in P3Dv4.5 with no problems. It flies fine and the vc is way better than the JF BoB imho
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Well I fly the A2A 109E in P3Dv4.5 with no problems. It flies fine and the vc is way better than the JF BoB imho
    I agree! The quality is a lot better than the JF offering and you can get it converted to native FSX. There were updates posted for that on the A2A forums.

    I still have it even if I don't fly legacy sims anymore, but that model was brilliant.

    Priller
    Intel i7 9700K
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Motherboard
    Asus RTX 2080 Super ROG STRIX Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 970 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Western Digital 2TB WD Black Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

  8. #8

    A@A Bf-109 converisons

    Hi Priller,That sounds like a good deal - but, where did you find the A@A conversion to FSX? I have looked without success.Regards,Bill

Members who have read this thread: 79

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •