Airbus H145 - Payware

Thread: Airbus H145 - Payware

Airbus H145 - Payware

An expensive, early access project, generating a lot of chatter.
    Worth a separate thread from the H135, you have to wonder if the H135 has reached the end of its development cycle.

Home page: https://www.hypeperformancegroup.com/products/xxxx

Lots of comments at Avsim: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6...e-airbus-h145/

First an admission; I'm cheap!

So far, I have no payware installed in my MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe. The majority of the aircraft in my hangar are sitting there and gathering virtual dust.

So, when HYPE made the H135 available, I simply took it because it was in my price range (told you, I'm cheap).

Note that other freeware are also downloaded, but some I used once or twice, some not even installed!

But the H135 was a different beast; a helicopter in a game that M$ and Asobo declared was not ready for helos for 2-3 years. And it was a revelation; I now fly about 50% of my time in it! It is a joy and a challenge all rolled in one.

So much fun for free made my cheap personality compete with my guilt for abusing them. I used to develop for CFS1 and know how much sleepless nights it took to build stuff, and I can only imagine how much involvment it was to build, within the constraints of MSFS (contrary to the Bell 47 which is a game in a game), a decent flying model rotor aircraft.

So I was decided to make a donation. Not much but, from a cheap guy like me, it speaks volume. The H145 came just in time and its price, minus the intended donation, was reasonable. I'm now waiting for it, as it is only a work in progress still in its infancy.

But I know it will be done because I know what they made with the H135. These guys have ethics and do this as a passion, not as a business opportunity.

And as cheap as I am, in my book, it's worth something.
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

Very interesting, but I waited for the EC 145 version

A small detail "annoys" me, if the floats are well placed along the pads I do not see the CO2 cylinder for inflation.

Sorry the cylinder is done see the red circle on the picture:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14_608x352.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	82980

It is completely foolish to pay money for a product that doesn't even exist yet. I get wanting to support developers, but buying an idea is absurd. Especially for ~$40USD.

The articulate response by the Hype Performance Group should clear-up any misconceptions about the move to the
    H145. Here are two excerpts with a link to the full response.

For perspective everyone should know that our team spent 12+ weeks of non-stop development on the H135 & anyone who is on our Discord server can confirm our lead developer barely slept at all during that time. I myself have been awake almost everyday from 7AM-2AM during this period. Everyone on this team has neglected some aspect of their life due to their dedication to this project.
    Regarding the pricing, consider that we've already released the H135 for free and that we will continue to support that aircraft with compatibility patches so it will always exist as a free option for MFS fans interested in helicopter flight. For $42 users are getting 3 unique model variants that will also have unique functionality. We've also made changes to our team since the H135 release that have resulted in a huge leap in quality beyond anything I've seen from any other payware developer, so with all things considered the cost may be "high" but so will be the value. I believe in free speech hence why I respect the opinions voiced in the thread, but I also respect a free market and letting the community vote on our fate with their wallets.
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6...omment=4542976

THIS IS AN EARLY ACCESS PLEDGE, THE DOWNLOAD WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE ONCE A BUILD SUITABLE FOR USERS HAS BEEN MADE.

No, I don't think so.

ok that is not even early access! thats just crowdfunding a Project/Product

interesting but for now I skip! and I am not amused which rather obscure ways developers go these days but I am not Surprised at all!

best regards,
    Thomas

This group has already showed good intent by giving us a free sample of what they are capable of. If you would rather wait and see before spending any money, no problem and have fun flying that beautiful H135.

If one takes a look at what is planned for development why is it so hard to believe that an outlay of cash would be needed to bring the helicopter
    to the next level.

• 3 model variants available (Civilian, Luxury, Military) with the possibility for more based off user demand

• Airbus Helionix avionics and an upgraded EFB with support for Navigraph charts

• Avionics will be reworked to deliver graphics with higher fidelity, performance and depth when compared to the Airbus H135

• Compatibility with the optional pms50 GTN750

• Professional 3D modeling, PBR texturing & stunning liveries

• Realistic rotor animations including blade droop

• Realistic turbine, rotor, cabin and environmental sounds designed to provide pilots with the most immersive experience available

• 4 axis autopilot including GPS TRK/FPA, V.APP, GS/APPR and auto-collective (similar to auto throttle)

• Ability to create custom precision GPS vertical approaches to your favorite helipads

• Trend indication for exceedances (TOT, TRQ)

• Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System (HTAWS)

• Detailed systems such as detailed systems MBG, fuel monitoring, electrical and air conditioning

• Accurate limitations for engine N1/TRQ/TOT when all engines operative or one engine inoperative

• Increased range, speed, power and high altitude performance

Seahawk72s you are absolutly right

Just to explain why I bring up Crowdfund VS Early Access

here a few lines from Early Access definition source:Wikipedia
    Those that pay to participate typically help to debug the game, provide feedback and suggestions, and may have access to special materials in the game.
    all early access games offer an immediately playable version of the unfinished game to players

these are just two things I did not see with this to justify as Early Access
    however I find the H145 Project Mega Interesting and follow it and I am quite sure it will be a good Helicopter Addon when finished

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    If one takes a look at what is planned for development why is it so hard to believe that an outlay of cash would be needed to bring the helicopter
    to the next level.
    It's not that I find it hard to believe that they need or want money, its just that I think giving people money for something that doesn't exist yet beyond a concept is foolish.

What happens if next month the developers decide they all hate each other and the project gets cancelled? What if Airbus comes in halfway through development and issues a cease and desist? What if this thing goes through development hell and we don't get a "build suitable for users" until 3 years from now?

What people choose to spend their own money on is their business, but there is literally no incentive or reason to buy this product at this point. Once they release a "build suitable for users", as vague as that is, then it would be worth considering.

It seems like this boils down to personal preference based on risk assessment. It's like playing the stock market. You invest a little now, and one of three things will happen. You'll either lose your investment, you'll break even, or you'll turn a profit. So by that logic, Early Access is an investment in a future project that may or may not come to fruition.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    It seems like this boils down to personal preference based on risk assessment. It's like playing the stock market. You invest a little now, and one of three things will happen. You'll either lose your investment, you'll break even, or you'll turn a profit. So by that logic, Early Access is an investment in a future project that may or may not come to fruition.
    My feeling exactly. BTW- Was about time to drop the mask. It was giving me nightmares.
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Sort of, except there is no return on investment in the traditional sense. I have frequently viewed as being an Angel Investor, where you believe in the idea more than the outcome. And as the name 'Investor' implies, it means you have cash you are willing to part with and never see again. Also, I would not judge anyone who went into it eyes open and knew the risks (which are high). I've done it myself on occasion (not this one), and it's nice to see people with vision and a plan succeed.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_investor

Weekly update - Modeling

A detailed video showing the variations and state of the models.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 83435e29389f6b977b0c702cb23158ec776c1a2a_2_690x388.jpeg   4a142c5034141b5ce2da5fd82ef3b92d99441d8d_2_690x388.jpeg  

Weekly update # 2

A few more details on modeling and paint.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tail.jpg  

Weekly update # 3

The video talks about re-scaling proportions to get the model more inline with the real aircraft.
    More work on internal and external modeling.
    An announcement about first release to early subscribers in August.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FbtEK790Fc

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Update # 4

Updates are now every two weeks.
    This week shows external screen shots in MSFS followed by a video of improved systems and graphics for the PFD.

Update #5

All in game video and screen shots, plus a very nice surprise.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FLOATS.jpg  

Update #6

A little about strobe lights and internal night lights.
    Talk is still of the first build being in late August.

An outside source for an older 2011, 145 flight manual.

http://helicopterindia.com/yahoo_sit....241202201.pdf

Weekly update # 7

Video update 7. Some very nice detail on animations and systems.
    Strikingly beautiful..!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

That's some serious detail and animations!

Download keys

Down load "keys" were e-mailed out to early access supporters.
    Down load links should be arriving soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0