AW Me-262 models released by AcWai!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AW Me-262 models released by AcWai!

Icon22 AW Me-262 models released by AcWai!

The VC is now finished. There are still a lot of work to do. I am learning how to build weapons for this aircraft. Does anyone have the mdldisas program? Please send it to acwai@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Seems like someone asks about MdlDisAs.exe once a year but it is just gone. Your likely going to have better luck using one of my CFS2 exploding object packages. They are meant to make destroyable objects but you can use them to makes weapons.

Just follow the tutorial using your weapon model and it will mount just fine to the aircraft.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Seems like someone asks about MdlDisAs.exe once a year but it is just gone. Your likely going to have better luck using one of my CFS2 exploding object packages. They are meant to make destroyable objects but you can use them to makes weapons.

Just follow the tutorial using your weapon model and it will mount just fine to the aircraft.
    Allen,

I have a problem with this German pylon. I can not find another one that works. Do you have one that doesn't have a gap? I am using the wep_german_agrackr, wep_german_agrackl and wep_german_ffaa bgl.

[PAYLOAD.3]
    ; Payload=Rocket
    mount.6=wep_german_agrackr, 1, -1
    mount.7=wep_german_agrackl, 1, -1
    mount.8= wep_german_ffaa, 1, -1
    mount.9= wep_german_ffaa, 1, -1
    mount.10=wep_german_ffaa, 1, -1
    mount.11=wep_german_ffaa, 1, -1
    mount.12=wep_german_ffaa, 1, -1
    mount.13=wep_german_ffaa, 1, -1
    mount.14=wep_german_ffaa, 1, -1
    mount.15=wep_german_ffaa, 1, -1
    mount.16=wep_german_ffaa, 1, -1
    mount.17=wep_german_ffaa, 1, -1
    mount.18=wep_german_ffaa, 1, -1
    mount.19=wep_german_ffaa, 1, -1

BTW, does your CFS2 exploding object packages have a pylon and the Me-262 skinny rockets? Where can I find it?

Andrew

My CFS2 exploding object packages don't have any models. It is a set of tools to take gMax and FSDS2 models and make them into destroyable object or weapons.

You can make your own weapons or with permission edit edit/rebuild objects and weapons. If you want info on how to edit already made object or weapons let me know. I work with gMax but it looks like there is a way to get model into FSDS2 by the use of the .dxf fromat so they can be edited.

My CFS2 exploding object packages don't have any models. It is a set of tools to take gMax and FSDS2 models and make them into destroyable object or weapons.

You can make your own weapons or with permission edit edit/rebuild objects and weapons. If you want info on how to edit already made object or weapons let me know. I work with gMax but it looks like there is a way to get model into FSDS2 by the use of the .dxf fromat so they can be edited.
    Allen,

Can I send you the FSDS part or a mdl file so you can create the pylon? Please send me your private email address.

All I need is a pylon that looks like this photo. I have 6 missiles on each side now. I can have 8 missiles on each side and hit max limit on the dp file. Can you create one using GMAX? I need a wooden pylon for the left side and one for the right side.

Thanks!

Andrew

Never used it but I have a copy of mdldisas. It and a copy of an FW190 Pb1 rockets and rack are on the way to you Andrew.

Actually the R4m rack on the 262 was unique for that aircraft so I don't think any existing rocket rack will be right for your project. As an option, you might consider modeling the rack as part of the wings for a separate aircraft version rather than as a add on weapon. Of course you would still need to model the rockets.

Allen if you would also like a copy of mdldisas, drop me your email via PM and I will send it to you.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

With Captain Kurt on this one. It looks best to model your own rockets and racks. The link has the package of tools and info but you will also need Model Converter X since you are working with FSDS.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...9&linkid=16639
    https://www.scenerydesign.org/modelconverterx/

With Captain Kurt on this one. It looks best to model your own rockets and racks. The link has the package of tools and info but you will also need Model Converter X since you are working with FSDS.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...9&linkid=16639
    https://www.scenerydesign.org/modelconverterx/
    Special thanks to Kurt, he sent me a new pylon and it is now fixed.

All the new gauges are finished. I have a problem with the bombs. The aircraft is OK with cannons, the front gear sinks into the ground with 2 500lb bombs, and it is OK with 2 250lbbombs.

Has anyone seen this problem?

Here is my aircraft cfg file:

[fltsim.0]
    title=AW ME-262-1
    sim=ME262
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=1
    kb_checklists=

[weight_and_balance]
    // ACM V2.5
    max_gross_weight = 8000
    empty_weight = 7000
    reference_datum_position = 0, 0, 0
    empty_weight_CG_position = 0.0, 0, 0 //-x= nose down, +x= nose up
    empty_weight_pitch_MOI = 12850
    empty_weight_roll_MOI = 7448
    empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 21800
    empty_weight_coupled_MOI = 0
    max_number_of_stations = 1

station_load.0 = 200, 3.0, 0.0, 3.0

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0 = 3, 0.0, 0.0, 1.5, fx_vclight
    light.1 = 3, -2.4, 15.2, 0.6, fx_navred
    light.2 = 3, -2.4, -15.3, 0.6, fx_navgre

[flight_tuning]
    cruise_lift_scalar=1.0
    parasite_drag_scalar=1.0
    induced_drag_scalar=1.0
    elevator_effectiveness=1.0
    aileron_effectiveness=1.0
    rudder_effectiveness=1.0
    pitch_stability=1.0
    roll_stability=1.0
    yaw_stability=1.0
    elevator_trim_effectiveness=1.0
    aileron_trim_effectiveness=1.0
    rudder_trim_effectiveness=1.0

[jet_engine]
    thrust_scalar=1.0

[exits]
    number_of_exits = 1
    exit_rate.0 = 0.4 ;Percent per second

[GeneralEngineData]
    //0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turboprop
    engine_type = 1
    fuel_flow_scalar = 1.000000
    min_throttle_limit = -0.250000
    engine.0 = 0.083333,-8.166667,-0.333333
    engine.1 = 0.083333, 8.166667,-0.333333

[effects]
    dirt = fx_tchdrt
    concrete = fx_sparks
    touchdown = fx_tchdwn_s, 1
    windshield_rain_effect_available = 1

[fuel]

//Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

fuel_type = 2
    number_of_tank_selectors = 1
    electric_pump = 0

Center1 = 4, 0, -1, 240, 0
    Center2 = -1, 0, -1, 53, 0
    Center3 = -3.5, 0, -1, 362, 0

[contact_points]
    //0 Class
    //1 Longitudinal Position (feet)
    //2 Lateral Position (feet)
    //3 Vertical Position (feet)
    //4 Impact Damage Threshold (Feet Per Minute)
    //5 Brake Map (0=None, 1=Left, 2=Right)
    //6 Wheel Radius (feet)
    //7 Steer Angle (degrees)
    //8 Static Compression (feet) (0 if rigid)
    //9 Max/Static Compression Ratio
    //10 Damping Ratio (0=Undamped, 1=Critically Damped)
    //11 Extension Time (seconds)
    //12 Retraction Time (seconds)
    //13 Sound Type
    //14 Airspeed limit for retraction (KIAS)
    //15 Airspeed that gear gets damage at (KIAS)

//static_cg_height = 1.3 6.1

static_pitch = -0.0 //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
    static_cg_height = 6.1 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

tailwheel_lock = 0
    gear_system_type = 1
    max_number_of_points = 7

// 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

point.0=1.0, 8.45, 0.00, -5.10, 2165, 0, 0.90, 40.0, 0.40, 2.50,0.49, 4.0, 5.00, 0, 0, 135
    point.1=1.0,-1.00, -2.70, -5.10, 2165, 1, 1.10, 0.0, 0.50, 2.50,0.87, 5.0, 6.00, 2, 0, 135
    point.2=1.0,-1.00, 2.70, -5.10, 2165, 2, 1.10, 0.0, 0.50, 2.50,0.87, 6.0, 7.00, 3, 0, 135
    point.3=2.0, 0.00,-21.0, 0.00, 1181, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.00, 0.00,0.00, 0.0, 0.00, 5
    point.4=2.0, 0.00, 21.0, 0.00, 1181, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.00, 0.00,0.00, 0.0, 0.00, 6
    point.5=2.0,-20.00, 0.0, 0.00, 1181, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.00, 0.00,0.00, 0.0, 0.00, 9
    point.6=2.0, 15.0, 0.0, 0.00, 1181, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.00, 0.00,0.00, 0.0, 0.00, 4

[Views]
    //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

eyepoint=0,0.16,3.53

[flaps.0]
    type=1 // 1 - tail, 2 - lead
    span-outboard=0.25 // 0.0 .. 1.0
    extending-time=2 // seconds
    flaps-position.0= 0 // degrees, KIAS
    flaps-position.1= 25 // degrees, KIAS
    flaps-position.2= 50 // degrees, KIAS
    flaps-position.3= 75 // degrees, KIAS
    flaps-position.4=100 // degrees, KIAS

damaging-speed=340 // KIAS
    blowout-speed=380 // KIAS

[direction_indicators]
    //1 Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro, 3=Electro-Mag Slaved Compass, 4=Slaved to another
    //2 Indicator number of slaving indicator if Type = 4

direction_indicator.0=3,0

[stall_warning]
    type=1

[attitude_indicators]
    //Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro
    attitude_indicator.0=1

[turn_indicators]
    turn_indicator.0=1,0

Something about the Static Compress, Max Compress .etc is wrong with the nose gear.

The nose gear weight value is 2165 lbs which is fine when no ordinance is mouned. It needs to have the bomb weight added. Added 2000 lbs. to the value and problem fixed.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    The nose gear weight value is 2165 lbs which is fine when no ordinance is mouned. It needs to have the bomb weight added. Added 2000 lbs. to the value and problem fixed.
    Thanks Kurt and Allen,

It is now fixed by using these vales:

point.0=1.0, 8.45, 0.00, -5.10, 5000, 0, 1.00, 40.0, 0.20, 2.50,0.87, 4.0, 5.00, 0, 0, 135
    point.1=1.0,-1.00, -2.70, -4.90, 3200, 1, 1.20, 0.0, 0.20, 2.50,0.87, 5.0, 6.00, 2, 0, 135
    point.2=1.0,-1.00, 2.70, -4.90, 3200, 2, 1.20, 0.0, 0.20, 2.50,0.87, 6.0, 7.00, 3, 0, 135

I can now start fixing all the minor details and flight tuning the aircraft.

Special thanks to Uncl Tgt for making a custom pylon and missiles for this aircraft. I can now put 12 missiles on each pylon and firing 4 missiles at a time.

Here is a screen shot of killing a B-17E with just the rockets.

I think the model is now finished. I just need to flight test and tune the airfile. I am not happy with the existing airfile.

Icon22 Reply...

AcWai,

There will be some weird airfile changes you'll need to make to allow it to warp during missions, but I am looking forward to this; it is needed!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    AcWai,

There will be some weird airfile changes you'll need to make to allow it to warp during missions, but I am looking forward to this; it is needed!
    Rami,
    I am not too sure how to make the changes to allow it to warp in missions. I only play with the quick combat mode.

The aircraft has been uploaded. The first zip file has all the needed gauges. The 4th zip file has the missing pylons and rockets designed by UnclTgt.

You have to learn how to fight with this aircraft. You can not just dogfight it with the normal tactic. You only have a 2-3 sec window to kill the enemy aircraft. I can easily kill 8 Spitfires in the quick combat mode by not slowing down. You have to aim carefully and luckily that I have unlimited ammo.

This is from the Internet.

The Me 262 had a gentle stall and gentle landing characteristics compared to previous German fighters. Its handling improved with speed and would lose much less speed during turning. It had a cruising speed of 465 mph, which was faster than the top speed of most other fighters of the day. It also had far better visibility in every direction compared to previous German fighters. Due to lack of engine torque, if a single engine was lost the aircraft remained easily controlled and landed without issue. Its only major deficiency was that brakes could not be used until the nose wheel had touched down, because engaging them before would smash the nose wheel strongly into the runway, potentially destroying the nose wheel and the aircraft. The quality of the aircraft was high, with only 10% of aircraft returned for minor defects such as wings being out of alignment by under 1 degree. It could reach 515 mph without issue, although because it could reach extreme speeds in dives, components such as bomb racks would sometimes tear off.

Have fun! Happy 4th of July!

Andrew

AW ME-262.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - German

Description: VERSION 1.0 July 2021

This zip file has all the needed gauges.

Visual model: acwai (two versions are included).

Texture: modified by me by using texture files from a Me-262 painted by Wotan. I also used some of the art work by Phanis and Kurt Schwabauer.

Damage profiles: acwai (pylons and rockets by UnclTgt).

Airfile by: acwai, it was modified from a 1% airfile by Jerry Beckwith.

Sound files: not provided, please use the CFS3 Me-262 sound files.

DISCLAIMER: Use this program at you own risks, the author is not responsible for any damages done to your computer.

This is a copyrighted freeware program. FREE DISTRIBUTION ONLY. You may upload or post this unmodified aircraft to any web sites. This program can not be posted where a fee of any kind is required. This includes disk distribution or any other kind of fees. It can not be included in a commercial package.

Have fun!

Andrew

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AW ME-262.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

AW ME-262-1.zip

Texture: modified by me by using texture files from a Me-262 painted by AF Schrub. I also used some of the art work by Phanis and Kurt Schwabauer.

DISCLAIMER: Use this program at you own risks, the author is not responsible for any damages done to your computer.

This is a copyrighted freeware program. FREE DISTRIBUTION ONLY. You may upload or post this unmodified aircraft to any web sites. This program can not be posted where a fee of any kind is required. This includes disk distribution or any other kind
    of fees. It can not be included in a commercial package.

Have fun!

Andrew

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AW ME-262-1.zip

AW ME-262-2.zip

Texture: modified by me by using texture files from a Me-262 painted by Morton. I also used some of the art work by Phanis and Kurt Schwabauer.

This is a copyrighted freeware program. FREE DISTRIBUTION ONLY. You may upload or post this unmodified aircraft to any web sites. This program can not be posted where a fee of any kind is required. This includes disk distribution or any other kind

Have fun!

Andrew

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AW ME-262-2.zip

AW ME-262-3.zip

This zip file has the missing rockets designed by UnclTgt.

Texture: modified by me by using texture files from a Me-262 painted by Wotan. I also used some of the art work by Phanis and Kurt Schwabauer.

Have fun!

Andrew

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AW ME-262-3.zip

The 262 was primarily and most famously used as a point defense fighter. Its operating bases were relatively close to the routine flight paths of 8th AF squadrons striking deep into Germany. As such, it didn't have to cover long distances to get to an intercept.

That said, I would think that warp usage would be unnecessary for missions and campaigns. For mission planning and execution, the task would simply be in timing the spawning distance of the bomber squadrons in the flight path of the 262 player's flight. For RTB, a player on low fuel would need to maintain navigational awareness to know what alternate bases are available in the area, just like RL.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Andrew,

What a wonderful surprise! But I am missing the ILS (?) and several engine gauges (I installed the ones from the first aircraft).

What packs contain the following gauges?:
    AW BF109_RadTemp
    AW HO229_OIL TEMP
    AW HO229_FUEL
    AW FW190!Fuel_Warning
    komet.alt
    komet.vsi
    Germ_fuel_sel

Note: I found that the bomb files are the same used in the 1% Me262, and I also used the sound files from that aircraft.
    Last edited by Browncoat; July 2nd, 2021 at 20:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    Andrew,

What a wonderful surprise! But I am missing the ILS (?) and several engine gauges (I installed the ones from the first aircraft).

What packs contain the following gauges?:
    AW BF109_RadTemp
    AW HO229_OIL TEMP
    AW HO229_FUEL
    AW FW190!Fuel_Warning
    komet.alt
    komet.vsi
    Germ_fuel_sel

Note: I found that the bomb files are the same used in the 1% Me262, and I also used the sound files from that aircraft.
    Browncoat,

The missing gauges are from these aircraft:
    AW BF109_RadTemp is from the AW BF-109G6 aircraft
    AW HO229_OIL TEMP is from the AW Ho229 cockpit panel addon
    AW HO229_FUEL is from the AW Ho229 cockpit panel addon
    AW FW190!Fuel_Warning is from the AW FW190A-8 aircraft
    komet.alt - this is not my gauge (from the Komet aircraft)
    komet.vsi - this is not my gauge (from the Komet aircraft)
    Germ_fuel_sel - this is not my gauge (not sure)

Please send me your private email and I will send those gauges to you.

I am working on some more paint schemes and should have a new update soon. I will include the missing gauges with that release. Anyway, I need to update the aircraft model because there is a small gap on the back side of the starboard jet engine.

Andrew

Reply...

Andrew,

Thank you very much for these new Me-262 models, you did a wonderful job on them!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Hi AcWai
    Thanks for your efforts with the 262.
    Looks great.
    I will wait for your update.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Thanks for the nice comments. Version 1.1 has been uploaded with a complete set of gauges, three of them are unmodified. They are provided to ease the installation.

Just copy the two new model folders to replace the original model folders.

Members who have read this thread: 1