Update Problems?

Thread: Update Problems?

Update Problems?

Has anyone had an issue with the latest update (5/28/2021) with MSFS 2020? It seems that I cannot start the game. There are "3 updates" pending which never download.

Move the content of your "community" folder to a safe place and try again.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Blog Entries
    Only issue I have had is FSUIPC7 ini file is not being seen by MSFS.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

If you're running the Store version, make sure you update the sim there first. Click the three-dot menu at the top-right and select Downloads and Updates, and make sure your MSFS is at 1.16.2.0, then launch the sim.

If you have the Steam version, I'm sure someone here can walk you through that process.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Update Problems

Thanks. I will give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Radioman123 View Post
    Has anyone had an issue with the latest update (5/28/2021) with MSFS 2020? It seems that I cannot start the game. There are "3 updates" pending which never download.
    I had this problem too, and was apparently behind on some Windows Updates. An important note was that I had to refresh Windows Update, because it initially said my computer was up to date. After hitting 'check for updates', it changed it's mind and said I was missing a cumulative update + one optional feature update. FS2020 started just fine afterwards.

Update Problems

I am still having issues as I cannot download a fresh copy for MSFS2020 from the server. I updated Windows and turned off the Anti-Virus software but still no joy. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Have you tried the official forum? There are some people there with extensive experience troubleshooting these issues.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Radioman123 View Post
    I am still having issues as I cannot download a fresh copy for MSFS2020 from the server. I updated Windows and turned off the Anti-Virus software but still no joy. Any suggestions would be welcome.
    Have you tried going to Start menu, Settings, Apps and Features? There you will find MS Flight Simulator. Click on it and You will see an Advance Options link. There you will find options to Repair, Reset, and Uninstall. I would try them in that order. After going through the Uninstall, you may have more luck reinstalling.

Hope this helps.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I read that, how stupid it may sound, that sometimes loggin off from the store and logging in again, also helps.

Sorry, I'm a MSFS Steam user, can't really speak from personal experience.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I had this same problem a couple of days ago with 3 updates pending and every time I tried to start MSFS it would take me to the Microsoft page. After searching for the Error Code: 0x80073D26 I found a solution on the Microsoft forum by someone called NikitaMendelbaum.

(https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-b18369795bab)

"My solution to make GamingServices update without an error (after I tried everything else). The problem is really that Windows supposes that the newer version of GamingServices is already installed (I could see it in Event Viewer). Don't ask why...
    So:

Open Registry Editor

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet -> Services

Remove the GamingServices and GamingServices.Net

Restart Computer

Go to your Windows Store -> 3-dot-menu -> Downloads and Updates -> Check updates

Gaming Services should install now without issue.

Double check by rebooting and going back to Windows Store and trying to Get Updates again - you should be Up to date."

I did this and it worked for me.
    NickB
    Norwich, a fine city.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I read that, how stupid it may sound, that sometimes loggin off from the store and logging in again, also helps.

Sorry, I'm a MSFS Steam user, can't really speak from personal experience.

Priller
    Also, I've found logging off and back onto the XBox can resolve some issues.

- dcc
    - -

SOH-CM-2024
    Spent an entire week with this crap. Hit the MSFS 2020 icon and it takes you to the MS Store and wants to Update Gaming Services. Gets to 90% and then one gets an error message. Forget any help from Xbox (the real culprit) or MS.Follow these instructions to a tee. There may be more than one or two more entries to delete from the Registry. If you are not computer savvy, let someone who is do it. Once done, restart and download Gaming Services and install. Good Luck, worked for me, have everything back to square one, but it took some time, be patient and read this carefully.

Anyone having this issue, after hours of frustration with this, finally have it working.
    Do not, as you may be advised, reformat and clean install Windows as its not necessary, as are most of the possible solutions that I have seen in various posts.
    The main issue with Gaming Services is keys in the registry including ghost service entries in the registry, there is a version mismatch, if you ever get this error no matter what you try as long as they are there it will never install, thereby rendering your Game Pass Ultimate experience virtually useless.
    I first got this error "0x00000001", I then reset Gaming Services, that then caused another error "0x80073D26", that's when I found the services in task manager which were effectively ghost entries doing nothing.

Firstly I reset Gaming Services, then proceeded with the following:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps find 2 gaming services folders, take ownership and delete.
    2. Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following:
    Keys.
    [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\Local Settings\MrtCache\C:%5CProgram Files%5CWindowsApps%5CMicrosoft.GamingServices_2.4 5.11001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe%5Cresources.pri]
    [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\Local Settings\MrtCache\C:%5CProgram Files%5CWindowsApps%5CMicrosoft.Gamingservices_2.4 5.11001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe%5Cresources.pri\1d693 7194966bce]
    Services.
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\GamingServices]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\GamingServicesNet]
    The version numbers may be different depending on what you have installed. There may be more than two entries, delete them all.
    3. Restart your PC.
    4. Once restarted, open Microsoft Store find Gaming Services and install, it will now work.

Caz

Update Problems - Resolved

I had a lengthy chat with Microsoft Tech Help on this problem and got it resolved with their help. The tech was very good and I give him 5 stars for the help. the problem is that the developer didn't fully test the major update before launching it just before Memorial Day in the US and there was no real instructions on how to fix this problem which had to do with the corruption of the Gaming Services App software suite.

There are instructions now which are listed below. These are from the official Microsoft X-box site. I am running MSFS 2020 on a PC but MS is now using an X-Box App to consolidate all of their games.

From: Error 0x8007139F or 0x00000001 occurs when you try to install, update, or launch a game on a Windows 10 device | Xbox Support

When you try to install, update, or launch an Xbox Game Pass game on your Windows 10 device, you’re redirected to the Microsoft Store page for Gaming Services. When you try to install or update Gaming Services, you see the following error code and message:
    0x8007139f
    Something Unexpected Happened
    Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your device. That may help.

You may also see error code 0x00000001 in the Xbox app when you try to install or update a game.
    This likely means that there was an issue with a recent Windows update.

Solution:

To resolve this issue, delete the Gaming Services registry keys and reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10 device:

1. Right-click the Start button  in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

1. In the same window, type the following commands and press Enter:

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Gamin gSer vices" -recurse
    Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Gamin gSer vicesNet" -recurse

1. Restart your device.
    2. Right-click the Start button  in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    3. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

1. Install the app on that page, and then select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    2. Try to install or launch the game again.

Last edited by Radioman123; June 15th, 2021 at 05:32. Reason: spelling

Members who have read this thread: 0