Aerosoft English Electric Lightning series

Thread: Aerosoft English Electric Lightning series

Aerosoft English Electric Lightning series

Can anyone tell me if these models are compatible with P3d v5 as the Aerosoft forum is unclear and the fixes that were posted some while ago are no longer available.
    Thanks in advance
    Mike

I have the Just Flight F6 and T5 Lightnings operational in P3Dv4+ and they work as one hopes.
    Haven't bothered moving the Aerosoft versions into P3Dv5 yet as they seem to be much the same as the Just Flight series which worked but look a bit naff due to the PBR requirements in v5.
    Worth looking at the Just Flight series which appear to be 'Aerosoft' productions.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I just installed the Aerosoft F6 into P3D v5.

The installer didn't list options for P3D v4 or v5.
    It only gave options for FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv2, and P3Dv3.

It would not install into "\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" because it was looking for an exe file
    But I was able to point the installer at P3Dv5 and it didn't balk.

Once installed it seems to be fully functional. From my beta files I see that we did do some 64-bit version testing.

Hope this helps.

Pointed my backup Aerosoft Lightning files at P3Dv5 and everything works.
    Just a quick and dirty screen grab to illustrate.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thanks for all of the help.
    I've installed the F6 and it seems to be working ok. As for the Just Flight models they have a strange issue where one side of the displayed model has a green tinge and the other red. Looking at the VC I would say they they are totaly different models from the Aerosoft examples.
    Thanks again
    Mike

PS I noticed that the installation folders include one called Sounds. In P3dv5 I can only find a folder called Sound, so what I did was copy the contents of Sounds into Sound and this seems to have improved the sim experience.
    Last edited by CavOk; May 25th, 2021 at 02:09.

Quote Originally Posted by CavOk View Post
    Thanks for all of the help.
    I've installed the F6 and it seems to be working ok. As for the Just Flight models they have a strange issue where one side of the displayed model has a green tinge and the other red. Looking at the VC I would say they they are totaly different models from the Aerosoft examples.
    Thanks again
    Mike

PS I noticed that the installation folders include one called Sounds. In P3dv5 I can only find a folder called Sound, so what I did was copy the contents of Sounds into Sound and this seems to have improved the sim experience.
    Perhaps its an effect of NAV lights.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

They all work for me in 64-bit (P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5.1) without issues.
    There are, of course, a few niceties to do with PBR, but Dave is addressing them.

It's the lack of TacPack in P3Dv5.x that's the only real annoyance </rant>, but if you don't want to shoot at anyone you're alright.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-5-14_11-21-17-617.jpg   2021-5-25_19-53-9-590.jpg  

Just noticed in P3dv5 I'm not seeing the sonic boom sound or effect

Quote Originally Posted by CavOk View Post
    Just noticed in P3dv5 I'm not seeing the sonic boom sound or effect
    I did get the cloud effect of the sonic boom. I had the sound off so can't comment on that part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    There are, of course, a few niceties to do with PBR, but Dave is addressing them.
    That's good news.

Members who have read this thread: 1