Mike Stone models...?

Thread: Mike Stone models...?

Mike Stone models...?

Has anyone been in contact with Mike Stone or gotten an impression of his feelings about
    porting over his aircraft to FSX..?
    I've not had any luck in contacting him and am interested in his Jetstar II.

Speaking of JetStars, I wonder if someone else here with the skillset could take over finishing the model Jim Goldman very kindly offered up to the community a few years back?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...hlight=goldman

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Expat,

Is that FSX screenshot?? It looks amazing screenshot to me!!

Regards,

Aharon

Seahawk,
    Mike has long since departed the FS scene, I'm not sure if he is even contactable these days.
    Rather like 'Piglet'.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Is that FSX screenshot?? It looks amazing screenshot to me!!
    Appears to be P3Dv4 with PBR. From the thread below.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...hlight=goldman
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

SOH-CM-2023
    I used to be in regular contact with Mike back in the day. His models sometimes have weird shading from what I think are stray polygons. Kinda ruins the models for me. In FS2002/04 they were not very prominent but show up quite badly in FSX/P3D. I've run a few through MCX and the shading issue gets worse.

Too bac because back in the day I flew the wings off his Jetstar, Lear 35 and Sabreliner.
    You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    I used to be in regular contact with Mike back in the day. His models sometimes have weird shading from what I think are stray polygons. Kinda ruins the models for me. In FS2002/04 they were not very prominent but show up quite badly in FSX/P3D. I've run a few through MCX and the shading issue gets worse.

Too bac because back in the day I flew the wings off his Jetstar, Lear 35 and Sabreliner.
    I'll have to take a closer look for the shading issue.
    Something else I saw after using MCX was that the front wheels are out of alignment (wobbling back and forth)
    was this something you might have seen as well..?

Has anyone been in contact with Mike Stone or gotten an impression of his feelings about
    porting over his aircraft to FSX..?
    I've not had any luck in contacting him and am interested in his Jetstar II.
    If my memory is right, Tom Clayton (admin here) was watching over them for awhile.
    I think they were hosted by Garry Smith also.
    But I'm not sure if that is the case anymore.

You might reach out to Tom.

Members who have read this thread: 1