FSX F9F Cougar VF-61

Thread: FSX F9F Cougar VF-61

FSX F9F Cougar VF-61

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - Cold War

Description: This repaint is for the freeware (FSX) Grumman F9F-8 Cougar by Rob Richardson. It represents the designated CAG aircraft form VF-61 Jolly Rogers, Bu.No.141092, Modex "00", U.S.S. Intrepid (CVA 11), Med Cruise spring/summer 1956. Model and paint kit by Rob Richardson, Repaint by Steve Bryant, May, 2021.'

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX F9F Cougar VF-61
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Having flown these things in advanced flight training, I recall a favorite picture from my time in VT-22 at NAS Kingsville, Tx.

The photo was taken during an open house / family day in the summer of 1966. The lady in the cockpit was my then-new wife; it was pretty windy that day.

The right side is partly covered with a poster containing information on the airplane and its use in training for those not familiar with the details.

The open house encompassed VT-22, VT-23 and VT-24 static displays. This Cougar belonged to VT-22. VT-24 had a TF-9J, VT-23 an F11F as I recall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AF9J 1966.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    Having flown these things in advanced flight training, I recall a favorite picture from my time in VT-22 at NAS Kingsville, Tx.

The photo was taken during an open house / family day in the summer of 1966. The lady in the cockpit was my then-new wife; it was pretty windy that day.

The right side is partly covered with a poster containing information on the airplane and its use in training for those not familiar with the details.

The open house encompassed VT-22, VT-23 and VT-24 static displays. This Cougar belonged to VT-22. VT-24 had a TF-9J, VT-23 an F11F as I recall.
    Great photo and story. Thanks for sharing Mike71.

steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Great Pic from 1966

Hi Mike71

I was born in 1966. Thanks for sharing this pic.

Dan

Members who have read this thread: 2