Captain Sim 777
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captain Sim 777

Captain Sim 777

https://captainsim.net/products/m777/m772/

Essential functionality paired with default 747 systems........

Why ?.. i mean ... Just why ?

... because as P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

C

so what can be expected?
    F-Lite like system depth or slightly above?

but what makes this offer symphatic is the price tag

Was reading impressions on the main MSFS forum. Apparently the model looks good, but there are signs (such as the APU exhaust) that it's just a portover of the P3D 777 model and not enhanced significantly for MSFS. Systems are from the 747 to the point that some displays show four engines.

Apparently some advertised animations, such as wing flex, aren't obviously working.

For $30, I'm okay with it not being survey-level. I'm generally happy with a couple of survey-level planes and appreciate the other stuff being easier to fly, so I have A32NX and the CRJ to scratch that itch.

But this one sounds like it still needs some tweaks to avoid frustration even at the reasonable price. So gonna wait for some video reviews and probably some enhancements before jumping in.

CS has made some of my favorite planes, but they've been kind of a mixed bag on quality over the years, so hoping they are able to tweak this to address the initial complaints. (Not the complaint that it's not survey-level -- not every plane needs to be, kids!)

Video

A cautionary video....

seems to be a number of repaints out there already - some have been downloaded hundreds of times.
    Been around long enough to know that it wouldn't be getting painted if it wasn't being used..and enjoyed.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

My conclusion from what I have read here on SOH and on various other sources
    it seems like a bit rushed out Early Access to me

it could be a great 777 if captain sim listening Community from now on and update it frequently and replace the borrowed 747 avionics with their own when asobo completes the SDK

that it is basically the P3D Version is maybe not a bad thing because maybe the texture mapping is still identical too? So repaints of the P3D can maybe converted easier

Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    My conclusion from what I have read here on SOH and on various other sources
    it seems like a bit rushed out Early Access to me

it could be a great 777 if captain sim listening Community from now on and update it frequently and replace the borrowed 747 avionics with their own when asobo completes the SDK

that it is basically the P3D Version is maybe not a bad thing because maybe the texture mapping is still identical too? So repaints of the P3D can maybe converted easier
    it is not going to be changed, enhanced, corrected, or improved - aside from some wing flex or cosmetics.
    The CS 777 is exactly what they meant it to be - a sort of 'Lite' version or in gamer parlance - a 're-skinning' of the default 747

in their own words from an email to a customer------> CaptainSim releases Boeing 777 for MSFS! (BUYER BEWARE!) - Third Party Addon Discussion / Aircraft - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    it is not going to be changed, enhanced, corrected, or improved - aside from some wing flex or cosmetics.
    The CS 777 is exactly what they meant it to be - a sort of 'Lite' version or in gamer parlance - a 're-skinning' of the default 747

in their own words from an email to a customer------> CaptainSim releases Boeing 777 for MSFS! (BUYER BEWARE!) - Third Party Addon Discussion / Aircraft - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums
    ok Captain Sim the new F-Lite developer LOL
    but the 4 engines as base is still odd

so they not write it directly but indirectly it can be read that way = if you search a 777 with System depth wait till PMDG do one

It looks quite good in msfs2020 quite a few repaints available
    however repaint policy has been changed and allows only uploads to captain sim ACE server paintkit is available only per request and after aknowledge changed terms of use

tomorrow I will fly it to Dubai
    so far to be honest I expected worse after all what I have read

for what it's worth I don't think that what CS did here is a bad idea, given the current state of MSFS.
    Why go to great lengths on an in depth systems rich airliner when you'll just have to fix literally everything a dozen times or more as MSFS /ASOBO continue to tweak and rework everything?
    This way - any improvements made by MSFS to their own aircraft to compensate for the changes made to the systems modeling or the global flight model also fix the 777 skinjob and CS wont have to lift a finger.
    If the plane is fun to fly, doesn't cause FPS drops, or CTD's and all you have to do is let it pretend to be a Triple7 then there is no foul. CS didn't lie about what they did here.
    I guess if there's anything to be against here is would be MSFS - for letting 3rd party devs cash in on clones and skinjobs of their default property.
    Kind of jaw dropping to me that this is a thing now.
    enter..the Sandman

Salty 777 ?

ok - here you go...
    Captain Sim 777-200ER Salty Compatibility Mod » Microsoft Flight Simulator

now you can buy the frankenseven, add Salt, and get more Boeing for your buck
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    for what it's worth I don't think that what CS did here is a bad idea, given the current state of MSFS.
    Why go to great lengths on an in depth systems rich airliner when you'll just have to fix literally everything a dozen times or more as MSFS /ASOBO continue to tweak and rework everything?
    This way - any improvements made by MSFS to their own aircraft to compensate for the changes made to the systems modeling or the global flight model also fix the 777 skinjob and CS wont have to lift a finger.
    If the plane is fun to fly, doesn't cause FPS drops, or CTD's and all you have to do is let it pretend to be a Triple7 then there is no foul. CS didn't lie about what they did here.
    I guess if there's anything to be against here is would be MSFS - for letting 3rd party devs cash in on clones and skinjobs of their default property.
    Kind of jaw dropping to me that this is a thing now.
    Looks like PMDG is taking the high road and considers the current state of MSFS to be good enough to lauch the DC6 in a few weeks. The tutorial videos show a remarkable simulation.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I agree that the PMDG video was encouraging WRT the current state of MSFS SDK etc...

maybe they have the benefit of being a 'partner' as opposed to where CS is coming from?

either way it is encouraging to hear that ASOBO is being agreeable to feedback from at least one aircraft developer

*** ON another note: Has anyone here tried the Salty 777 mod I linked above in post #12? ***
    I'm curious to see what it might have addressed or corrected and if it is a game changer for the CS 777
    ..don't seem to have 30chips to throw at it in my dusty wallet or I'd almost be willing to see for meself..
    enter..the Sandman

Be careful about uploading any repaints for this aircraft!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	609.6 KB 
ID:	82868
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

well now that THAT shoe has dropped F%CK CS and the horse they rode in on...What a flock of SH?Tbirds

pretty ballsy for having cloned a MICROSFT airplane and then charged everyone $30 for a skinjob, right? WoW
    enter..the Sandman

CS took all the repaints that were on flightsim.to and reuploaded them on their own service without giving the original authors any credit... lovely.

Well, I know what brand I'll never purchase...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

CS

They have done a "turnaround" now , and regrets ~

it's just a complete fustercluck over at CS, innit fellers?
    enter..the Sandman

Done with Captainsim. No more.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

There's a couple of Captain Scam liveries for the A320 available, with matching coffee cup of course:

Name:	CSa320.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	82900
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CSa320.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Be careful about uploading any repaints for this aircraft!

Name:	image.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	609.6 KB 
ID:	82868
    Not even legal IMHO. Just because you put some clause in a license or an EULA, doesn't mean that you can take someone else's intellectual property and make it yours. There's a word for that and it is called theft. Pure and simple.

But indeed, they will never see my $$$ either.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    There's a couple of Captain Scam liveries for the A320 available, with matching coffee cup of course:

Name:	CSa320.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	82900
    Hey, Tim.....Is that the "Mr. Poopy" livery? Great work!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Hey, Tim.....Is that the "Mr. Poopy" livery? Great work!
    Hey Charlie, that's not my work but it gave me a good laugh!

Members who have read this thread: 0