Battle of Britain Memorial Flight C-47 Dakota?

Thread: Battle of Britain Memorial Flight C-47 Dakota?

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight C-47 Dakota?

Hi,

I'm looking for a C-47 Dakota for FSX to use as part of a Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. I've seen a skin http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...1724&catid=187 which would be suitable (unless anyone knows of any others I should be considering?), but I'm a bit unclear about which model I should download. I tried downloading one of the more recent models from mjahn, but it seemed to have a modernised cockpit that I believe the real BBMF aircraft doesn't have, so ideally I'd prefer something a bit more traditional. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,

There are lots of good D-Day paints for Manfred's plane, with the correct period cockpit. My favorites are "That's All Brother", "Kilroy", "Snafu", and "Lassie", but there are others. Most are available here or at AVSIM. Do yourself a favor and learn to start the C-47 by the book. It's a fun and tricky process.

If yo go to Flightsim.com, do a search for "Jahn" (without the quotes) and select FSX - Warbirds.

I think the one you are looking for is "FSX/Prepar3D Douglas C-47 v3.14 Beta" by Jan Visser.

Anyways, that's the one I fly.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Have a look at this one.

Dave

I have the Manfred Jahn one, as someone linked to above. I also changed the cockpit textures to make it represent the real aircraft.I also have several other BBMF aircraft too, almost the full fleet in fact.I would post some screenshots but it seems my attachment button isn't working

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look at those (and I'll definitely be learning how to start it manually )

Quote Originally Posted by JamieC View Post
    I have the Manfred Jahn one, as someone linked to above. I also changed the cockpit textures to make it represent the real aircraft.I also have several other BBMF aircraft too, almost the full fleet in fact.I would post some screenshots but it seems my attachment button isn't working
    When you say you changed the cockpit textures, did you download them from somewhere or actually modify them directly yourself? Are they available anywhere do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by P72endragon View Post
    Thanks everyone, I'll have a look at those (and I'll definitely be learning how to start it manually )When you say you changed the cockpit textures, did you download them from somewhere or actually modify them directly yourself? Are they available anywhere do you know?
    There are a few to download, I think maybe Flightsim.com, and then I edited the textures to make them more specific to ZA947

Members who have read this thread: 0