Two different controllers at same time?

Thread: Two different controllers at same time?

Two different controllers at same time?

Is anyone switching between two different types of controllers in MSFS? I know it's possible to do so, but I'm curious if there are any interference issues? I have an old Saitek (with some button problems) that I'd like to keep, and am thinking about buying the Thrustmaster Airbus Stick/Throttle to use as well.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN;[URL="tel:1261126"
    1261126[/URL]]Is anyone switching between two different types of controllers in MSFS? I know it's possible to do so, but I'm curious if there are any interference issues? I have an old Saitek (with some button problems) that I'd like to keep, and am thinking about buying the Thrustmaster Airbus Stick/Throttle to use as well.
    I have a MS X-Box controller connected. It works fine with the rest.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

The nice thing is that you can create a different profile for each controller, and controller type. That way when flying a single engine, fixed pitch- that controller (TQ) is usable. When flying a 4 engine complex aeroplane that TQ is available. It's just a matter of creating a new profile (you can start by copying) and naming it appropriately. I happen to use separate TQs. Then, just select from CONTROLS and off you go. Same thing with a Warthog or PFC Quadrant- depending on the aircraft.

A CHEAP wired XBox controller is excellent for the Drone Camera control- really worth the $15.

HTH

C

I bought an Xbox controller for drone use, and as long as there are no extraneous inputs (like when it falls off the stand and leans on a stick), there's no issue.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0