Enjoying CFS3 after all these years !

Thread: Enjoying CFS3 after all these years !

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

Enjoying CFS3 after all these years !

I love the attention CFS3 is getting. Old members coming back , and new people getting interested. All the improvements being done and new work in process . All the wonderful people here and on the Facebook page. There is a lot to be thankful for... Regards,Scott

I couldn't agree more. Many many thanks to all the hard work by so many to create these new theaters. I have seven separate installs and have modded my firepower expansion with heaps of mods. I used to fool around years ago (drivable vehicles mostly) when it first came out and have recently gotten back into it. I remember it being so much fun to discover things like weapons that would be in the weapons folder but not used in the game!
    I personally have my own crazy P-51 that has 2500 horsepower and can carry 8000 lb of bombs or 32 rockets. Ha! Great fun! And now ankors shaders and all these expansions have really given it new life. My problem is the shaders turn my game into a slideshow on my 8-year-old Dell laptop. Time to buy a new set up!

Blog Entries
    Have used quite a few good air combat sims, but none are as enjoyable as CFS3 ,when it comes to WWII. Enjoy IL-2 1946 but it lacks the "feel" of CFS3. With all the expansions,AnKor's shaders,all the wonderful new aircraft, all the other work done and still being done ,there is much to be excited about. Thank you to all the modders out there who do so much for just a small core group of fans. You all bring so much enjoyment to us . Thank you all ! Regards,Scott

SOH-CM-2020
    I agree Scott. Yesterday I was flying at dawn offshore from East Anglia, and realised that I must have been using Gecko's mod because the water colour was a murky brown close to land. There was a low reflection on the choppy sea, the whole thing was really atmospheric thanks to Ankor's shaders. CFS3 has come a long way since 2002 . . .

To be honest I like the tweaking as well as the missions and campaign play, setting all the entered/left service dates, tweaking the guns accuracy and range on everything from a jeep with a pintle mounted MG to a multi-gun ship or aircraft to facilitate better (for me) game play is what Ive always liked.

Now I'm retired its the one thing (well in game terms) I always wanted to get back into when I had the time.

I purchased the game originally back in 2003 according to the receipt still in the CD box and then went on to purchase most if not all the additional content from Just Flight, Airplane Heaven and Shockwave.

I enjoyed the hell out of CFS1, CFS2 and tried most of the earlier versions of IL2 as well but when CFS3 came out I was hooked, then when the Ground Crew, AvHistory and IS4G to name a few started to produce content followed by the various teams who produced the different expansions like (but not limited to) ETO and MAW I knew this was the game for me.

12months ago I retired and immediately got all my CDs with the downloaded content and started the whole tweaking journey again and Im loving it.

I find it outstanding that a game that's around 20 years old still has a following (all be it small) of dedicated people who continue to produce aircraft, missions and campaigns for this game.

To all who post screenshots, all who ask questions, all who take the time to share their knowledge, all who are still designing projects whether it be aircraft or missions and campaigns, those who contribute to keeping the game alive and I must not forget the people at SOH who allow us to have this place to meet up in, I would like to say thanks to you all

Dont know about anybody else but Im here to stay.

Mick

Blog Entries
    Starting to get a decent number of members on the Combat Flight Simulator 3 Fans facebook group and link to SOH as much as possible, so maybe we can have new people find out about this great hobby called CFS3.Trying my best to get the word out. Been playing guitar since i was a kid but air combat sims,especially CFS3, are now my main hobby. I know i'll be here as long as there is a sim-outhouse and a pc to run CFS3 ! Thanks to all who bring us so much enjoyment ! Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Really appreciate all the work that has been, and continuing to be done for CFS3. The new work on the sim itself and all the wonderful new aircraft,all i can say is CFS3 will be here for a while and i'll be here too ! Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 0