New Heinkel He 100D fighter for FSX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Heinkel He 100D fighter for FSX

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Very nice Brian, will it take 2048 x 2048 textures as well?

Cheers,
    Huub

I haven't changed the texture assignments (other than the specular) so whatever texture resolution you have should work
    You can't take the sky from me...

There is another repaint for this model available in the library. Its another progaganda aircraft.

Again as with my previous repaint, I have included 2 textures (glass and prop blur) which will reduce the alpha effect in FSX.

Enjoy,
    Huub

Very nice, Huub. Thank you!
    Greenhouse357

SOH-CM-2023
    Sorry for the delay. Here we go.

Attached is a FSX Native He 100D model with specular shine and native materials. Reflections are enabled if you use a standard Alpha channel in the textures.

I used Hub's new canopy glass but not the prop since with it being native it looks fine with clouds etc.

Drop the folders into the HE 100 folder and let it overwrite anything duplicated and it should be fine
    Attached Files Attached Files
    You can't take the sky from me...

Thank you Brian!
    Greenhouse357

Thanks Brian, the shine looks great! Makes a great model even better.

Cees

I feel a little embarrassed given no-one else has brought this up, but what's the best realism settings to fly the 100D in FSX? I have everything cranked up and, even with full right rudder trim, there's so much torque the Heinkel almost skids sideways left on takeoff. It's very frustrating as I'm so excited to fly it!

Quote Originally Posted by Handbag87 View Post
    I feel a little embarrassed given no-one else has brought this up, but what's the best realism settings to fly the 100D in FSX? I have everything cranked up and, even with full right rudder trim, there's so much torque the Heinkel almost skids sideways left on takeoff. It's very frustrating as I'm so excited to fly it!
    Easy on the throttle until the tail comes up, but it's a handful to get it airborne.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Easy on the throttle until the tail comes up, but it's a handful to get it airborne.

Cees
    Thanks Cees - I may have been overeager with the throttle.

Thanks Huub for nice repaints. Thanks Brian for FSX native mdl file. I've tweaked it a bit to fix the fs9 style prop shadow with McX.

Before / after tweak :

And the prop disc was too transparent to my taste, fixed that as well with some generic prop file:

Here are my mods: He100 D prop fix.zip

Trying a repaint for the Japanese version (Nakajima Ki-63 Haitaka)... Needs some more work... Huub, feel like trying this one? You've got the tools, skills and patience I don't have...

Last edited by vonstroheim; October 20th, 2022 at 18:12.

Members who have read this thread: 2