Folks happy with the Spitfire so far?

Thread: Folks happy with the Spitfire so far?

Folks happy with the Spitfire so far?

I'm just curious if people are generally happy with the FlyingIron Spitfire so far? I will say it looks pretty darn nice, and I've been itching for a nice WWII warbird.
    Cheers,
    Dave

it's fun to fly and looks beautiful. It provides a challenge on takeoff and landing for various reasons - some maybe due to the developer's flight model and some due to a few odd characteristics of the MSFS global flight modeling.
    The bottom line is that it should be a challenge to fly a warbird. Whether those hurdles are comparable to real world aircraft behaviors - or due to the current limits of the software doesn't matter too much to me. It's enough that you have to work
    at it to get consistent good behavior from this airplane..that you can't just 'point and click' like you can with so many flight sim models.

The tell for me on whether an airplane is suitable for purchase is to see if it gets a lot of repaints - if the guys are taking the time and effort to paint the hell out of something it's a safe bet that a lot of people are not just buying it - but flying it

obligatory screenie

enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

My favourite aircraft in MSFS2020 so far!!!
    As stated by Heywooood: Really fun and challenging to fly (each take-off and landing is different...)
    Lots of beautiful freeware liveries have been created by really talented repainters so you surely will find the one that suits you best!!!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Exceedingly happy! It made me forget about the RealAir Spitfire, and that is saying a lot!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Exceedingly happy! It made me forget about the RealAir Spitfire, and that is saying a lot!

Priller
    WOW! That is saying something.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

30+ paints and counting, yes, I'm happy..
    jk4103 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk3908 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk3413 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk2487 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Blog Entries
    You set the bar for me, and matching the quality and detail of the spit was a serious challenge for me. I'm proud of what we did on the P-40, but not nearly half as proud as I am of being held up equal to the spitfire..

Hi Pam,

What I said was in no way meant to be derogatory of the P-40. I own it and I love it!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Blog Entries
    Oh I know that .. I never took it as derogatory .. The spit is a beautiful plane. I had to own it.. I DID reduce the P-Factor though.. No, I'm honored in many wonderful ways.. .
    The challenge for me was that the Spit and Tomahawk are diagonal opposites.. The Spit climbs like a monkey on drugs, the Tomahawk climbs like a brick.. The spit can turn with the BF-109 the P-40 can double that turn rate. The Spit is one hell of a fighter, The Tomahawk is one hell of a ground support/attack plane.. The spit is fast, the tomahawk? Not so much..
    I celebrate all these aircraft. Payware, Freeware, I dont care. They have wings.. Maybe its that I feel we need to tell the folks at Flying Iron "Ya done good", because they really did, and maybe hearing it from a competitor may mean more to them than from someone else. But yeah Flying Iron, Ya Done Good!

Members who have read this thread: 0