Wire Obstacles & Craters UT

Thread: Wire Obstacles & Craters UT

Wire Obstacles & Craters UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery - Library objects

Description: Wire Obstacles + Craters for CFS2 by UncleTgt

Recently I've been looking to depict battlefield obstacles, wire barriers & runway damage in my scenery projects. Unable to find anything suitable from the range of objects already created, I decided to have a go at creating some new objects for myself.

This zip contains a range of ground obstacle objects for use as eye-candy when writing missions.

Wire Obstacles
    ==============
    a 4mtr high wire barrier, useful for strongpoints &/or blocking runways. Using a simple box model with an alpha-channelled bitmap to depict the wire itself. The models are multi-LOD, & have a damage model to show a different appearance for destroyed sections.

wireobs_sml_UT a short 20mtr length
    wireobs_lng_UT 60mtrs long overall

Wire Fence
    ==========
    A single strand vertical fence, approximately 1.5mtrs high. Meant to look like the wire entanglements/ front-line wire from WW1. Using a simple thin box model with an alpha-channelled bitmap to depict the wire itself, a single 45mtr long object is depicted, it is multi-LOD, & has a damage model to show a different appearance for destroyed sections. I'm not sure this is really visible enough from the air to be worth it, but someone may find it useful.

wirefence_lng_UT 45 mtrs long overall

Hedgehogs
    ==========

Based on the 2 mtr steel Czech- Hedgehog barrier developed in the late 1930's. The models are multi-LOD. No damage model, as the obstacle design is meant to be resistant to even bomb damage (it's meant to roll with the blast).

hedgehogx3_UT 3 units in a single line
    hedgehogx7_UT 7 units arranged in a hexagon
    hedgehogx9_UT 9 units in a single line

Craters
    ========

Various sizes & configurations, used to depict bomb or shellfire damage. Again, an alpha-channelled bitmap does the blending at the edges. The models are a simple rectangle, so have not been made multi-LOD. The different sizes have different heights to them, giving some 3D relief to the objects. As these are simply eye-candy, they do not have any damage model.

craterAsml_UT, craterBsml_UT, craterCsml_UT

Small (Types A/B/C) - an equivalent to the stock 150lb craters

craterAmed_UT, craterBmed_UT, craterCmed_UT

Medium (Types A/B/C) - an equivalent to the stock 1000lb craters

craterAlrg_UT, craterBlrg_UT, craterclrg_UT

Large (Types A/B/C) - an equivalent to the stock 2000lb craters

craters1_UT - 3 x small shell craters grouped together, to depict smaller calibre artillery shell holes
    craters2_ut - 3 x small shell craters grouped together, to depict smaller calibre artillery shell holes

minecraterL_UT

Roughly similar to the 2000lb bomb crater size, with a slightly taller crater rim. More like a WW1 mine crater than a bomb crater in appearance.

minecraterXLA_UT, minecraterXLB_UT

A larger crater with a taller crater rim, offered in 2 different textures. More like a WW1 mine crater than a bomb crater in appearance.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to

Allen for his Making Exploding Objects using FS2002 Tools & Tutorial
    Arno Gerretsen for ModelconverterX, such a clever & versatile tool

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt
    MAY 2021

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Wire Obstacles & Craters UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Wowzers!!!
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Pretty cool UT.

Nice! I'll make good use of them.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Great Work.
    Thanks for these.
    Stuart

Lovely stuff!

Thanks Uncle Tgt for these very usefull objects, lovely

Martin

Members who have read this thread: 0