Heinkel He100 D new model project. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heinkel He100 D new model project.

That's already looking great Huub! You are working from the original textures?

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    That's already looking great Huub! You are working from the original textures?

Cees
    Thanks Cees! As I don't have a line drawing, I have started from the original textures but did draw a completely new paintkit over it. Some items like the wheel hubs are too complex to draw again, so they will most probably remain.

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    So would you be on a diet of ersatz coffee and bratwurst!...........ooooohhh the gas...

S
    Sooooo.... i take the pilots were covered in "brown" when they got back from their missions?

Mav, when I look at the image below, I think the pilot in Chris/Shessi's model is a quite good image of the pilot who climbs in the real aircraft......

Cheers.
    Huub

I think it is finished....

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon28

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Mav, when I look at the image below, I think the pilot in Chris/Shessi's model is a quite good image of the pilot who climbs in the real aircraft......

Cheers.
    Huub
    Huub... all i said was pilot looked constipated.... just look at his face and you will see clearly.lol

M

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Huub... all i said was pilot looked constipated.... just look at his face and you will see clearly.lol

M
    But that's we exactly hat I tried to say! The face of the pilot in the image has the same expression. And the comment with the picture doesn't tell whether he has to rush in or out the plane......

Cheers,
    Huub

But I can always make my "Ito-San" version of the pilot available for you....

That pilot looks like he's straight out of kabuki theatre!!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

He 100D paints

Hallo friends,
    I have seen that there are some interesting paint possibilities
    especially the civil versions.
    Would it be possible to get one completely neutral, just as it came out from the works with out paints and markings?
    Yours
    Papi

Papi,

The first paints I wanted to to were the "Schwarzgrün/Dunkelgrün" propaganda schemes. After which I will do the "Hellgrau" D-IDGH version. As the current paint kit is set-up to deal with the very dark camouflage schemes, it will need some adjustments to look convincing with the light grey livery. Once I have finished the D-IDGH, I will make a blank version available for you.

Kind regards,
    Huub

in the meanwhile....

He 100 repaints

Hallo Huub
    oh that sounds very good,
    It is sad that no plane survived, and it will be realy a too big effort to rebuild one -
    to race at reno with a real Daimler Benz engine.
    I' sure that with a well tuned Daimler Benz engine, the bird would not be at the last place LOL
    yours
    Papi

Hallo again

Just beeing at work and as it is bank holyday here today all is calm,
    so I just wonder if the "surface evaporation cooling system" have been experianced on other airplanes
    in other nations?
    I know that on the Messerschmitt Bf 209 it was also experianced - also with troubles.
    But did other nations use it ? or was it just a "one way ticket" to nowhere?
    Yours
    Papi

Here is a nice web-page with an (in?)complete overview from aircraft which used this principle. I though Italian racers like the Macchi M.67 used this principle as well (but I could be wrong).

https://www.enginehistory.org/Access...Cooling1.shtml

Cheers,
    Huub

Heinkel He100 D-1 progaganda night fighter

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - World War II

Description: This is a repaint for the Heinkel He100 D-1 by Chris Lampard and Shessi. The repaints shows this excellent model in a livery with markings as it was a nightfighter. These shots were made during a propaganda campaign at the beginning of the war. The propaganda obviously worked, as several He100s were claimed to shot, however the He100 never reached an operational status.

To use this repaint you should have the Heinkel He100D-1 by Chris Lampard and Shessi installed in FS2004, although the repaint most likely will also work on the FSX version.

Enjoy
    Huub Vink
    May 2021

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Heinkel He100 D-1 progaganda night fighter
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Its available for those who want it

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - World War II

Description: This is a repaint for the Heinkel He100 D-1 by Chris Lampard and Shessi. The repaints shows this excellent model in a livery with markings as it was a nightfighter. These shots were made during a propaganda campaign at the beginning of the war. The propaganda obviously worked, as several He100s were claimed to shot, however the He100 never reached an operational status.

To use this repaint you should have the Heinkel He100D-1 by Chris Lampard and Shessi installed in FS2004, although the repaint most likely will also work on the FSX version.

Enjoy
    Huub Vink
    May 2021

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Heinkel He100 D-1 progaganda night fighter

Heinkel He100 D-1 progaganda night fighter

Hallo Huub
    Thank You Huub,
    Even the plane would stay in the shadow of the Bf 109,
    it is an interesting one
    Yours
    Papi

surface evaporation cooling

Hi Huub,
    thank you for this very informative link,
    I never thought that there was so much done in this direction.
    Just a question Huub, your bibliotheque, or archives must be as great as those from the chateau de versailles?
    What do you not know or have somewhere in your archives?
    Thanks again
    Yours
    Papi

Heinkel He 100 world record and propaganda aircraft

Hallo Huub,
    do you have the book
    "HEINKEL He 100 World Record and Propaganda Aircraft"
    by Hans-Peter Dabrowski ?
    If not please tell me
    Yours
    Papi

SOH-CM-2023
    To Chris, Huub, Shessi and all the others who worked on this project, let me just say "Thank You Very Much". You did a SUPER job.

Papi,
    Surface evaporation was a big drag reducing thing in the 20's-30's, the British Schneider Trophy winner, the Supermarine S6B used it, as did most of the other nations involved in air races.

Originally the He100 had pure surface evaporation, which meant it had a system that had a spray coolant effect through the engine, the resulting steam was then fed to spaces between the skins of the wings. The huge area meant that steam coolded and condensed back to a liquid and then fed back to the engine. This was so Heinkel did not have to use a drag inducing radiator, but this was only for the speed runs. The He100D (this pre-production version) model had a modified system and introduced a semi retractable radiator in the mid belly. This radiator was used when on the ground and at slow speeds, but was semi-retracted at high speed. A good system but required some 21 pumps(!!) to make the system work, and you have to wonder what would have happened when several pumps were damaged or a wing skin was holed in battle?!

There's not a lot of info about the He100D, and Chris had just modelled the radiator fixed, when he sent me the source file to finish it. I found this little bit of info by chance and modelled the radiator so that it automatically extends/retracts when the undercarriage is down and up, replicating it better.

Huub,
    Beautiful tex, really sets it off. Chris does an excellent tex, but that's the next level...

glh,
    Thanks for the comment, glad you like it.

Cheers

Shessi

p.s Don't worry, I had already started and nearly finished the He100 V8.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails He100V8 1.jpg  
    Last edited by Shessi; May 25th, 2021 at 05:47.

When a new model like this is released I always start to read about the real thing. What I could remember was that it was a great plane, but not taken in production in favour of the Bf109. However I was wrong in this. The He100 has never been in competition with the Bf109, as the earlier He112 was in competition with the Bf109.

After the He112 was rejected Heinkel wanted to create an aircraft which could out perform the the Bf109 and he did, as the He100 was definitely a great racer. However I think the He100 was too complex and fragile to be used as a front-line fighter. The story with the complex cooling system and retractable radiator is a clear example. (BTW Shessi I love the retracting radiator ). There are many different stories why the RLM didn't want to the He100, but I think the argument that the DB601 engine was not available in large numbers is the most logical one. The second fighter next tot he Bf109 became the FW190 with a completely different engine.

Papi to answer your question about my library. There was a secondhand bookshop in Leiden, a University town nearby. Always when I was in this town I visited this bookshop and on most occasions I bought one or more books. So I do have many books. I have books in two rooms on the attic and a filled bookcase in my home office at the first floor. There are many aviation books, technical books, but also many history books.

I have many books about Fokker aircraft, but this is also the biggest gap in my knowledge. Official Fokker information is lost and the information available is often contradicting or incomplete. And the information which is available is often repeated in different books. Cees Donker asked me a simple question about the instruments in a Fokker D.XVI. But with all my books I wasn't able to answer it.

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2024
    This is amazing!!! It feels like Christmas! Thank you Chris, Shessi, Huub, and any/every one else involved! Among Chris' recent works have been two of my all-time favorites- the B-534, and now the He-100D, and the He-100 v8 is coming??? Perhaps Huub should put the D-IDGH scheme on that...

Some time ago I took a crack at paper card-modeling- compared to plastic kit modeling, it presents some interesting challenges... after building a few, I decided to design my own... the He-100 v8 D-IDGH:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3199.1a.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	82939Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3202.1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	82940

Besides H. Dabrowski's book, there is another excellent book out there by Erwin Hood- 'He-100- Record Breaker'... lots of interesting info. I found the author on the Il-2 forum at SAS some time ago. He told me that he has collected even more information since he wrote the book!

Again, thanks to all involved- Mike Z.

Available in the library

Heinkel He-100 D-1 propaganda fighter

Description: This is a repaint for the Heinkel He100 D-1 by Chris Lampard and Shessi. The repaints shows this excellent model in a livery with markings as it was a day fighter from an not existing "blitz" unit. These shots were made during a propaganda campaign at the beginning of the war. The propaganda obviously worked, as several He100s were claimed to shot, however the He100 never reached an operational status.

To use this repaint you should have the Heinkel He100D-1 by Chris Lampard and Shessi installed in FS2004

For those who want to use these textures in FSX two additional textures are included in the folder "Additional files for FSX". just drop these files in the "texture.blitz" folder and select yes when prompted to overwrite.

Enjoy
    Huub Vink
    May 2021

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Heinkel He-100 D-1 propaganda fighter

I just want to say thank you Shessi and Chris for yet another nice model of a rare type of aircraft.
    These additional repaints by Huub are awesome. I am looking forward to seeing more.

With these updated flight dynamics there seems to be a small issue with the contact points.
    As can be seen in Huub's screenshot in the previous post the tailwheel is almost halfway underground.
    Also the main wheels seem to sink into the ground a bit too much.
    I switched back to the original contact point settings.
    Hartwig
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Thanks for the nice words Hartwig. And as you can see my He-100 is on the ground again as well (instead of in the ground).

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 1