Heinkel He100 D new model project. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Heinkel He100 D new model project.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thanks for the nice words Hartwig. And as you can see my He-100 is on the ground again as well (instead of in the ground).

Cheers,
    Huub
    I was already expecting this repaint. I like this one, the 'hat and dagger' repaint.

Cees

Bicorne

First I thought the hat represented the Spanish "tricornio", which is why it took me a while before I understood the marking. However the hat is a bicorne or cocked hat (tweekantige steek). Napoleon and French officers of course wore a bicorne. The hat could also refer to Churchil as he was a former First Lord of the Admiralty. And a cocked hat was common head wear for admirals.
    The fact it was stabbed with a dagger wearing the Nazi symbol doesn't need any additional explanation.

The repaint is available in the library

Enjoy,
    Huub

An early Battle of Britain scheme

What if JG2 wasn't equipped with the Bf-109 E-3, but had received the He-100 D-1 instead?

It looks a bit like a toy plan in this livery, don't you agree?

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2024
    Looks sweet to me... thanks!

-Mike Z.

i like that scheme very much

Must admit the BoB skin looked strange at first but it's definitely growing on me. Do you plan to upload it here Huub?

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

No problem Taff, I will upload it somewhere in the next few day.

Cheers,
    Huub

Huub, the JG52 paint looks great. I love the Luftwaffe's colorful squadron logos and side numbers.

Air speed record holder a Heinkel He100 V8 for Fs9

Hi Folks,
    As mentioned, I've just uploaded the V8 record holder version of the Heinkel He100.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=205&id=28152

I modified Chris's He100D to fit the V8 better, Papi did a new 2D panel and performance specs,.....something different for the weekend Sir...

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails He100V8 1.jpg   He100V8.jpg  

Heinkel He100 V8 Fs9

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: The world air speed record holder German aircraft a Heinkel He100 V8, in 1938-39.

Shessi

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Heinkel He100 V8 Fs9
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

SOH-CM-2024
    Hello, everyone-
    I don't consider myself a rivet-counter in any way, and I am genuinely happy to have the V8... but all the books I have on this airplane, and a score of images I've downloaded, suggest that the V8 had the short wings and the slightly squared-off horizontal stabs, as did the V3(both aircraft being the ones chosen to attempt the speed record):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010758.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	184.8 KB 
ID:	83146Click image for larger version. 

Name:	he-100_2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	83147Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	83148

Please forgive me, I really do believe you did a beautiful job on this, but it's leaving me with questions...

- Mike Z.

Icon5

Well Mike, a backhanded compliment if ever I saw one..ha ha!

Yes, you have a valid point, but again I'll say it, Chris nor I profess that the models we/I produce are 100% authentic or accurate, they could always be improved on or made closer to the real thing.

Regarding this particular ac, the reason why I didn't go any further with it, was because I would have had to re-map the texs, and I didn't want to do that. I also have a German publication which says that the some V models (unknown which ones) were later fitted with pre-production parts ie wings etc.

I will also say this again, even though this post seems otherwise, I am quite happy for comments and crtique (good/bad or ugly), genuinely, but it would be nice to have the opertunity to do that in a PM privately, otherwise it could look like someone is either showing off their knowledge or they want to embarrass someone?

And I don't understand why you would post that 'it leaves me with questions'? You have only three choices; delete it, don't fly it or fly it and try and enjoy it.....for what it is.

Cheers

Shessi

SOH-CM-2024
    My humblest apologies, Shessi- it was never my intention to pick holes in your work, and the questions I alluded to were mostly of cross-examining myself, such as wondering if MY info was incorrect, or my interpretation of the info... There should be no doubt that I am definitely a fan of yours and Chris' work, both in quality and subject matter! Also, you are absolutely right, many of the prototypes had the production wings and tail. Trust me when I say that I will certainly be flying it and enjoying it just as it is!

Apologies! -Mike Z.

Mike,
    No problem, no apologies neccessary. I know you are a supporter, and I appreciate that. Please, if you (or anybody) have any issues then PM me and we can sort them out. Thanks.

Cheers

Shessi

When the first announcement of the FS9 model was made I started to read about this aircraft. The more I did read about it, the more I understood that the He100 wasn't really an attempt to create a new fighter, but it was an attempt by Ernst Heinkel personally to create an aircraft which would outperform the Bf109 by miles. Although there were multiple prototypes build and even a version which had the label production model, it never really lost the status of a concept aircraft, which is mainly judged on its looks an a carefully planned propaganda campaign.

The history of this aircraft is as unclear as with most pre-war aircraft. The same aircraft received different engines, different wings and different cooling systems. Prototypes were changed before they were sold to Japan and Russia. It is even doubtful whether all the production aircraft did even fly as there are only a few pictures from more than one He100 in flight.

To illustrate how little we really know: The V8 prototype broke the speed record. You can imagine the aircraft received a special status, but on the contrary, we even don't know what happened to the aircraft. It is assumed that the V10 prototype received the short wings from the V8 when this aircraft was put on display in the Munich Museum. As said assumed as it could well be that it was just a similar set of wings. But lets assume they were really form the V8 prototype. With which type of wings would the V8 than have been equipped? Yes of course with the standard production wings! And this is exactly the model Shessi has released today .

And I'm of course happy as I don't need to do too much changes to my paintkit!

Something weird I noticed while I was reading about the He100. Have you ever seen the pictures taken after the record flight? Okay, you did , but which ones? There is a series where you see the pilot Hans Dieterle falling in the arms from Jupp Köhler while he climbs out of the aircraft after the record flight. There is a second series where the pilot falls into the arm of the same person, but now in the middle of the airstrip with the V8 prototype in the back.

Cheers,
    Huub

Heinkel He100 D-1 Battle of Britain

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - World War II

Description: This is a repaint for the Heinkel He100 D-1 by Chris Lampard and Shessi. The is a what if repaint, which shows this excellent model in a fictional livery as a fighter of 9./JG2 during the early stages of the Battle of Britain.

To use this repaint you should have the Heinkel He100D-1 by Chris Lampard and Shessi installed in FS2004

For those who want to use these textures in FSX two additional textures are included in the folder "Additional files for FSX". just drop these files in the "texture.early BoB" folder and select yes when prompted to overwrite.

Enjoy
    Huub Vink
    June 2021

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Heinkel He100 D-1 Battle of Britain
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Its available for those who want it.

Enjoy!

Huub

hübsch Huub

Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Enjoy!
    I have and I will - thank you muchly, good sir . . .

Members who have read this thread: 1