Heinkel He100 D new model project. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heinkel He100 D new model project.

Hi Folks,
    Firstly thanks for the concerned comments, appreciated, and now you've also heard from the 'boss'...

I'm an old-bold soldier with thick skin, so it would take a lot more than Papi's comments to get to me, and I'm sure Chris is the same.

None of what I/we put up to fly is perfect, never said it was, and is certainly not beyond criticism, but if you have something more than constructive criticism to say please either PM or email me, I do want to hear it, as we can all learn and improve on things.

I appreciate your apologies Papi, no offence and no harm done, but please think before pressing that submit reply button!

As Wombat says, we're better than that here at Fs2004, so let's put it to bed and move on, thanks.

Shessi

translation needed

Hallo,
    I found a booklet abput the He 100 but it is written what I believe to be polish language
    so can some one just trans late me this little part please?
    Yours
    Papi

Hi Chris,

Welcome to this forum. Absolutely no need to avoid it and it is nice to have a legend from the old days among us. I can assure you, we all appreciate what you are doing for us, although we sometimes express this is a somewhat strange way.

And concerning the He100D..... The unavoidable has already started!

Cheers,
    Huub

Chris's comments reminded me of an old saying we had in plastic modeling, long before there was any such thing as digital modeling:

"If it looks right, it is right."

Of course in plastic, looks are all we have. Digital models have to fly too. But can any digital model fly like the real plane? Anyone who's ever flown a real plane, even dilettantes like me who only ever flew a few light planes and not for very many years, knows that "as real as it gets" isn't very real at all. Is it even possible for a virtual model to fly in FS quite like a real plane flies in the real air? I doubt it!

The He.100D looks right to me. Whether it flies right is something we will never know and which probably isn't even exactly possible.

I'm very pleased to have the model.

Thanks Chris and Mark!

real or not real

Hallo friends,
    real or not real this is question.
    At first concerning the aircraft.cfg
    there must be made differencies between the datas which are historicly sure as the dimensions, engine datas, and landing gear mesures
    These datas can be considered as sure as they are avaible from technical publications
    than we have datas which influence the performance and flight behaviour and that is realy very difficult
    Luckely today a lot of datas about WW II aircraft tests are avaible
    So we can today aproach a lot to the real planes behaviour. I say aproach necause if you look only at the Me 262. there have been many variants
    and the specific aircrafts differed some times a lot due to changing manufacturing quality in war time production conditions
    So I spend a lot of time to collect documents about the tests and than translate them to the modelled aircraft
    I know I am like a rivets counter concerning the aircrafts behaviour. But would it not be interesting when you have both a Bf 109 E and the Heinkel He 100D
    to see their differencies when you fly them? When with a friend you fly together, which air craft would have been more dangerous for the spitfire, the 109 or the 100?
    Ok of course I admit that there are a lot of pilots who see the things quiet different and "cooler"
    From my part I like to go to the limits FS2004 and try to come to aproach as it might be possible to the real aircraft
    I certainly do not pretend to be the only one to be right oh no!
    Shessi sended me a very kind mail with a very good idea how to satisfy both points of view
    We work on it - thanks Shessi
    Yours
    Papi

Briefly, supportive comment from all sources is very much appreciated, thank you all. My shell awaits, again!

Thank you

First and foremost my sincere thanks to Shessi and Chris for making this aircraft available, especially for FS9! As for the comments made about the flight model - everyone is entitled to an opinion but tact and diplomacy are important qualities when voicing said opinion. SOH is a community and one of the great things about a community is that we can all support, encourage and contribute. Some by creating excellent skins, some by creating panels, some by tweaking and perfecting the flight model and some by just saying "Thank You". I was always told, treat people as you'd like to be treated yourself and you won't go far wrong in life.

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    As an old and unfortunately Bald soldier, let me say thank you for the models, they have kept me busy during the lockdowns.

Steve

Heinkel He100 D new model project.

And a little off topic, in looking for the Tu-2 repaints (in as much as I looked where it was posted to look ) I found not only the Tu-2 but a treasure trove of repaints for a lot of aircraft I have, this will keep ME busy for a little bit, so Thank YOU, SteveB. I still fly FS9 so everything fairly new is a gift.....

models

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Chris's comments reminded me of an old saying we had in plastic modeling, long before there was any such thing as digital modeling:

"If it looks right, it is right."

Of course in plastic, looks are all we have. Digital models have to fly too. But can any digital model fly like the real plane? Anyone who's ever flown a real plane, even dilettantes like me who only ever flew a few light planes and not for very many years, knows that "as real as it gets" isn't very real at all. Is it even possible for a virtual model to fly in FS quite like a real plane flies in the real air? I doubt it!

The He.100D looks right to me. Whether it flies right is something we will never know and which probably isn't even exactly possible.

I'm very pleased to have the model.

Thanks Chris and Mark!

hi. I have made plastic models for 60 years and there are always 'rivet counters' most don't get things done. i always try to do my best on each model. as for flight sim I am hugely disappointed when there are no new airplanes to fly in fs 2004 daily . as for internal files etc I could use the same files with tweaks for all my warbirds.I do find a lot of sounds arnt that real sounding.but, I love charging around the sky.long live fs2004

''....... I love charging around the sky.long live fs2004 ...''

Hurrah! too damn right GC!!

And thanks for the positive comments all, certainly appreciated, and Chris will appreciate them aswell.

Cheers

Shessi

Papi,

IIRC the engine cylinders and horsepower figures
    In the aircraft.cfg file mainly affect how the sounds are presented, things like propellor efficiency and angles will more directly affect how it ' flies' , but only when paired with a matching flight dynamics .Air file, as the .Air file overrides a lot of what is written in the cfg file.

If you want to change behaviour then best thing to adjust
    Are the various scalars in the .cfg file, these DO make a difference. I'm working away this week, on real aeroplane work, so not able to check things on my sim computer.

It took Magoo and I quite a few attempts to get a working .Air and .cfg file pairing for Nigels Avro.

Ttfn

Pete

Thanks for this model, for me it works fine with the lindell's .air file .

Blog Entries

My two bits....

I thought I'd give it a try too. lol
    Here is a quick study for the panel.
    G.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails He 1000 panel.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Hi Chris,

Welcome to this forum. Absolutely no need to avoid it and it is nice to have a legend from the old days among us. I can assure you, we all appreciate what you are doing for us, although we sometimes express this is a somewhat strange way.

And concerning the He100D..... The unavoidable has already started!

Cheers,
    Huub

that's the spirit Huub!

Cees

He 100D flight dynamics

Hallo Motormouse,
    gloups I believed the aircraft.cfg to be the more important part.
    Also for me it seems more comprehensive than the airfile
    there a re a lot of details I do not see in the airfile as just the number of cylinders, in line or V-engine or a radial nore the power of the engine
    these details seem to be important, or I' m so wrong?
    Until now when "playing" with the aircraft.cfg I come very close to what I wanted to get (after often very long times)
    I must admit I neverlearned about all the subject just di find out by "fiddeling" and I was most the time happy with the outcome
    But allways be open to learn more
    Every advices will be taken and studdied
    but for the moment my problems are very other and I have not a lot of hope they could be solved in the near future
    Yours
    Papi

Still a long way to go

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon26

Skin looks good Huub....But the pilot looks constipated ! Cheers mav

Heinkel He100D new panel and fligt enhancement pack.

Hi Folks,
    Papi has made his new 2D panel and tweaked aircraft.cfg and airfile for Chris Lampard's Heinkel He100 D.

Panel is excellent, and the flight characteristics tweak files are very good...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=111&id=28088

Cheers

Shessi

Heinkel He100 D panel and flight enhancement pack

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Panels

Description: A new 2D panel, aircraft.cfg ans airfile for Chris Lampards Fs2004 Heinkel He100D aircraft.

By Papi

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Heinkel He100 D panel and flight enhancement pack
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Skin looks good Huub....But the pilot looks constipated ! Cheers mav
    So would you be on a diet of ersatz coffee and bratwurst!...........ooooohhh the gas....

S

Many thanks Papi, very nice panel.

Taff

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Panels

Description: A new 2D panel, aircraft.cfg ans airfile for Chris Lampards Fs2004 Heinkel He100D aircraft.

By Papi

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Heinkel He100 D panel and flight enhancement pack
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post

Cheers,
    Huub

Im a bit late to this party, but thanks for a great plane

Beautiful panel Papi! And I'm curious to see what you made of the flight dynamics.

"In comparison, the Heinkel He112 had 2,885 parts and 26,864 rivets, while the P.1035 (the He100 first prototype) was made of 969 unique parts with 11,543 rivets."

So I guess I was lucky Chris didn't do the He112!

Still some work to do, but I'm slowly getting there!

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 2