Sound issue with AI Aircraft

Thread: Sound issue with AI Aircraft

Sound issue with AI Aircraft

Hello all,

Since there are no individual AI sounds for World War 2 AI aircraft, I use the normal sounds I can find for each of my AI Aircraft. Some of them, such as my Hellcats and Corsairs, work quite fine whereas others, such as my Zeros ans Spitfires have a sound volume issue. My warbirds fly in squadrons of 4 units that take off and land every 5 minutes. So I look at the first one that comes in to land, its sound is fine, I watch it for a few minutes, then I change to the second aircraft when its tail number appears on the pop-up AI Aircraft list. That's when the issue occurs. The sound suddenly becomes very loud to the extent that I can barely hear ATC. When I change back to the first aircraft, the sound remains loud, too loud. And it does until the last aircraft shutdowns its engine after stopping at its stand.

Any idea of what's causing this and is there a way to fix it ?

Thank you so much for your kind help and cooperation.

Pierre_NC.

Try tapping the "Q" key once to shut off the sound, then tap it again to turn it back on. I have a similar problem with some standard Aircraft (not AI). I have no idea why it happens, but the "Q" key works most of the time.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Try tapping the "Q" key once to shut off the sound, then tap it again to turn it back on. I have a similar problem with some standard Aircraft (not AI). I have no idea why it happens, but the "Q" key works most of the time.
    Thank you very much for the tip, falcon, I'll sure give it a try.

SOH-CM-2022
    If you are looking for Warbirds sounds try checking over in the CFS2 library. There are many custom soundpacks over there for things like Spitfires, P-51s, Corsairs etc.

No reason why you can't use them as AI sounds.

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by gavinc View Post
    If you are looking for Warbirds sounds try checking over in the CFS2 library. There are many custom soundpacks over there for things like Spitfires, P-51s, Corsairs etc.

No reason why you can't use them as AI sounds.

Gavin
    Thank you for your kind advice and that's what I do actually. Some do work quite fine whereas others have that issue I'm talking about.

Members who have read this thread: 0