MilViz A-1H "Skyraider" - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MilViz A-1H "Skyraider"

Nothing like the scope you see in the milviz Skyraider in the A-1h/J as far as I know. There should be a LABS gauge for toss bombing, but it is not looking like this. To me it looks lik the have mixed up the wrong combination of the cockpit of an earlier Skyraider model with the external of the H/J.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Interesting! Too bad that they didn't do a shot of that screen being on!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	08.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	509.8 KB 
ID:	82949
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Nothing like the scope you see in the milviz Skyraider in the A-1h/J as far as I know. There should be a LABS gauge for toss bombing, but it is not looking like this. To me it looks lik the have mixed up the wrong combination of the cockpit of an earlier Skyraider model with the external of the H/J.
    I also wondered about it once. In some situations I noticed here LABS gauge in real H/J, but since this part is not working, I did not consider it important. It is possible that it is also as you write because these two knobs are marked as Brill and Focus, so it indicates screen manipulation for monitor of sensors. An interesting thing, in fact. But I should also add that when I was looking for sources related to the cockpit, this place is often empty, or with other indicators inserted by force. I have the original A-1H manual also and in manual here was a LABS system. However, many Skyriders were also modified / upgraded during his operations in war time.

Look here (I think the answer is here ;>):

btw. we have this v. Douglas (AD-6) A-1H Skyraider (BuNo 135300) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/my_public_domain_photos/6143498810

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Interesting! Too bad that they didn't do a shot of that screen being on!
    It would be fun, I'm very pleasantly surprised how the radar works on the Dino A-4 under P3Dv5, great job (3 functions plus each has 4 sub/additional functions). Maybe some mod sometime to "simulate" AD version ?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

As there are many former AD-4N's flying as warbirds around, milviz has probably used one of these for the VC. You can see the Radar scope location in the cockpit shot of AD-4N F-AZDP (faired over and used for an ils gauge). Kind of amazed me that they have made this obvious "error". AD-4N is not a AD-6 (A-1H) or the very similar AD7 (A-1J). It would not be that hard to get the VC right..

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

A little late to this party. Love the Skyraider. I've a little more to do on the original Toilet Bomber repaint but here's a preview:

VA-25 Sani Flush_3 by Mike Wilson, on Flickr

Also working on a "Sandy" repaint. Lieutenant America. No pics yet. Do any of you gents know it Lieutenant America had the nose art on both sides of the cowling? So far I have it on the port side. Wasn't sure about the starboard side. I know the version at the Tennessee museum has it on both sides. I was wondering about the original flown in Vietnam. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikew View Post
    Also working on a "Sandy" repaint. Lieutenant America. No pics yet. Do any of you gents know it Lieutenant America had the nose art on both sides of the cowling? So far I have it on the port side. Wasn't sure about the starboard side. I know the version at the Tennessee museum has it on both sides. I was wondering about the original flown in Vietnam. Thanks in advance.

Mike
    First of all a big thank you for the VA-25 repaint. As far as LT America, I never heard of it but think it looks awesome.
    From the research I have gathered, it looks like has nose art on both side of the cowling

Other pictures here, hope this helps.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122876...n/photostream/

A-1 skyraider "flying dumptruck"

A-1 SKYRAIDER "FLYING DUMPTRUCK" / "SANDY" S.A.R. MISSION IN VIETNAM 74222E

Mike, nice skin! Im waiting for this!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

'Lieutenant America' is one of 4 Skyraiders that were flown by pilots of the VNAF to Thailand in the final days of the Vietnam Conflict.
    It has been restored to flight status by the Tennessee Museum of Aviation at Sevierville, TN.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Great video,

Can anyone tell me what the landscape (scenery) is in the background?

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

A little late to this party. Love the Skyraider. I've a little more to do on the original Toilet Bomber repaint but here's a preview:

VA-25 Sani Flush_3 by Mike Wilson, on Flickr
    Just checking to find out how much longer till release.

Thanks

Got busy with other stuff, sorry. I've got to get it packaged up right after the July 4th weekend. I'm in Atlanta until after the holiday. Once home I'll get it ready along with three other skins I've done. Thanks for the interest.

Mike

Got busy with other stuff, sorry. I've got to get it packaged up right after the July 4th weekend. I'm in Atlanta until after the holiday. Once home I'll get it ready along with three other skins I've done. Thanks for the interest.

Mike
    So far so good...... Thanks Mike.
    I am surprised that Milviz didn't include this one with the other textures. They did manage to include VA-25's renowned porcelain pony.

Last edited by gray eagle; July 3rd, 2021 at 08:45.

My repaint of Skyraider 572 of VA-25 has been uploaded here and should be in the library soon enough. The toilet has been thoroughly sanitized! Enjoy the paint.

Mike

Thanks Mike! Hope we get some more paints! Great airplane!

Here's Lieutenant America of the 1st SOS unit out of NKP around '68. It's just been uploaded. Enjoy the paint. A couple more are almost ready for release.

Lieutenant America by Mike Wilson, on Flickr

Wow, nice skin, thank You!

Picked it up last night, love it. Only issues I have are tweaks: missing windshield framing, gear is way too long, and the 300-gal Aero tanks are about 30% too small. With the radar in the cockpit they really should do an at least an AD-4Q version, too. But it flies beautifully, the sound pack is excellent, and I love the little random backfires out of the exhausts when it's running. I'm working on some Glossy Sea Blue repaints for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymodeller View Post
    they really should do an at least an AD-4Q version, too.
    Such as this?

Btw. new version of A-1H is out (check Milviz Forum). I didnt test it yet.

I kept the VA-25 "toilet bomber" and copied it over to the updated one.

Not sure of what the updates included but did note that the window frame in the canopy was not added. Didn't notice the markings/textures updates.

Looks like Tim Conrad made a freeware version that did include the windshield framing at no additional charge.

I've been around the real thing back in the 60's and they did have some accumulation of engine exhaust on the fuselage, but as for the Navy Spads,
    they would find their way to the wash rack an get a bath once in a while as Tim Conrad's version illustrates. Milviz has made a decent release however,
    I wish Milviz would of provided option of less of the black exhaust trails and other schmutz on the fuselage sides.

Tim Conrad's cleaner version with window framing:
    Last edited by gray eagle; August 31st, 2021 at 16:27.

Members who have read this thread: 2