modell already used!

Thread: modell already used!

model already used!

I have notification of a model already being used; in other words by 2 ac, Howver a search only reveals 1 m3d file. If I remove that model from the install, the search reveals no other versions of this m3d file, and that aircraft's folder also only has 1 m3d. Now it is an ai_xxxx version but that should not matter as it still is the only ai_xxx.m3d apparently in the install or that ac folder!

Ideas??
    Last edited by mongoose; May 1st, 2021 at 16:30.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

It's not that there are duplicate m3d files. It's that there are duplicate xdp references to the m3d.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Well, I have checked the most likely xdp files w/o result. Is there a better search method to check multiple xdp files?

What's the filename in the message?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

ai_gc_he111h3_03, I assume m3d. In any case i used the generic ai_gc_he111h3_03 in my searches.

I seem to remember a long time ago that there was an He111 hiding in among the Do17 folders.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Well, I do remember that. Forgive my ignorance, but even if it is in a Do17 folder, shouldn't a search show up any file named ai_gc_he111h3_03.xxx? Also, I was not aware CFS3 looked inside xdp files before fully started up; although I suppose it does since it picks up xdp errors IIRC. Even so, if there was an odd xdp entry calling for ai_gc_he111h3_03xxx, then an error should show up when I have removed all ai_gc_he111h3_03.xxx files form the install?

Further to above. After taking out batches of ac from the install, I eventually took out all but the one ac, ai_gc_he111h3_03. Still said model already used. Took out vehicles and ships; same.

I thiought I would solve the problem by renaming ai_gc_he111h3_03 to gc_he111h3_03_ai in the xdp, air,cfg, and model files. Result..."the ai_gc_he111h3_03 or variant did not load properly"!, Once again, no ai_gc_he111h3_03 was revealed in an install folder search!
    Last edited by mongoose; May 3rd, 2021 at 15:08.

Are all of your He-111s showing in your aircraft dropdown menu?

Yes. In any case would not the search reveal any not showing?

Did you just search the aircraft-folder or the whole cfs3 folder?

afaik, the file could be hidden anywhere in CFS3

I had run into the same issue when making "stand alone" and eventually found that I had not changed the callout to the new model and was asking for the same model twice. I had a devil of a time finding it especially with other nationalities involved

Quote Originally Posted by Thudman View Post
    I had run into the same issue when making "stand alone" and eventually found that I had not changed the callout to the new model and was asking for the same model twice. I had a devil of a time finding it especially with other nationalities involved
    Explain. especially "callout". How are other nationalities involved?

I think he could mean the cfg file James?
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Ah! Well I check xdp & contents, air, cfg, and m3d. In any case that's not really solving the mystery of another duplicate file(m3d?) nor what happens when I change the files names to xxxx_ai i/o ai_xxx. I may just live with it for now but delete that ai for release if no answer comes to mind.

Problem or problems solved! FYI, my son apparently uses notepad++ a lot in work and he lead me to 2 good features.

- It's file content compare is much better!
    - Just this week he told me that one can do a search within a folder to see what duplicate strings might be there. Through this I found things I'd missed in cfg files and even wrongly named items.

A great app IMHO!

Good tip Mongoose, never knew notepad++ could do that, thanks

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Problem or problems solved! FYI, my son apparently uses notepad++ a lot in work and he led me to 2 good features.

- It's file content compare is much better!
    - Just this week he told me that one can do a search within a folder to see what duplicate strings might be there. Through this I found things I'd missed in cfg files and even wrongly named items.

A great app IMHO!
    To clarify my bad sentencing, one can search within all files in a folder for duplicate strings either within one file or within multiple files.

Members who have read this thread: 0