Bell 47 released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bell 47 released

Bell 47 released

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    No pilot figure..?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    No pilot figure..?
    A drone then?
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    No pilot figure..?
    A screenshot of a video made by Alan Bradbury (Chock)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-04-30 7.57.18 AM.png 
Views:	451 
Size:	596.7 KB 
ID:	82553
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

35 $ ? This is formidably expensive for such a small thing - and not many functions I assume.
    Each helicopter has to compare with the first MSFS heli EC-135 which is freeware! Even if it bodes well to see upcoming helicopters now...this seems to be too much money for this piece....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Entirely different animal, the FlyInside Bell 47G is a helicopter simulation using external flight model to reproduce helicopter specific flight dynamics. Yes it's an older version of a Helicopter so system limited compared with a modern H135, but it's non-the-worse for that. If you want to experience a helicopter, this is the one, especially as it has unparalleled visibility for VFR flight. It comes with VRS, Retreating Blade Stall dynamics, transitional lift, engine failures due to inappropriate management and can do proper Auto-rotations, etc. If you have the hardware for it, the 'Governor' can be turned off for more realistic operation, if not it's taken care of. It also has selectable operating levels to make it easier to begin with if you're not familiar with helicopter flight.

If you want a system platform that really doesn't fly much like a helicopter (being dependent on a malformed aeroplane flight model), but has all the bells and whistles, then H135 is for you.

The FlyInside Bell is only the first of a range they plan to release, the next being a single engine gas turbine, so plenty of growth to come.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstreamsky View Post
    Entirely different animal, the FlyInside Bell 47G is a helicopter simulation using external flight model to reproduce helicopter specific flight dynamics. Yes it's an older version of a Helicopter so system limited compared with a modern H135, but it's non-the-worse for that. If you want to experience a helicopter, this is the one, especially as it has unparalleled visibility for VFR flight. It comes with VRS, Retreating Blade Stall dynamics, transitional lift, engine failures due to inappropriate management and can do proper Auto-rotations, etc. If you have the hardware for it, the 'Governor' can be turned off for more realistic operation, if not it's taken care of. It also has selectable operating levels to make it easier to begin with if you're not familiar with helicopter flight.

If you want a system platform that really doesn't fly much like a helicopter (being dependent on a malformed aeroplane flight model), but has all the bells and whistles, then H135 is for you.

The FlyInside Bell is only the first of a range they plan to release, the next being a single engine gas turbine, so plenty of growth to come.
    I took the bait, bought it, it's awful. IMHO, I want my money back. The freeware H135 may not have an accurate flight model, but it's current state of flight operation makes it a favorite and highly enjoyable flyer. FlyInside has a lot more work to do. It seems very malformed and well too early for public release. The physical externals are early FSX at best.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I took the bait, bought it, it's awful. IMHO, I want my money back. The freeware H135 may not have an accurate flight model, but it's current state of flight operation makes it a favorite and highly enjoyable flyer. FlyInside has a lot more work to do. It seems very malformed and well too early for public release. The physical externals are early FSX at best.
    Wow, so have you spoken with the developers at all, they’re very open to questions?
    You can even fly with them during one of the Twitch sessions and learn how to fly it properly.

The 47 model flies entirely like it should in a very realistic way, whereas the H135 flies like no helicopter ever could with ridiculous behaviours in pretty much anything except straight and level, if that’s for you then fine but do yourself a favour and learn to fly the 47 the right way, it will pay you back in the long run.

Just Posted by RotorRick at FlyInside 14:41 1st May 2021

I have a FlyInside Bell 47 helicopter for MSFS2020 Post release Q&A and live twitch stream schedule for 3PM Eastern US time (about 30 minutes from now) http://www.twitch.tv/rotorrick I will be running JoinFS as well if you'd like to multiplayer in with your copy. Join our discord at : https://discord.gg/v8S873xzTc to speak with me LIVE!

I seriously hate the predefined exterior view points

my discoveries so far:
    great model
    Sound is good
    Views: it lacks exteriour views especially spot views
    Issues: skids sink into ground (contactpoint issue?)

Quote Originally Posted by jetstreamsky View Post
    See how it flies here

https://youtu.be/BtLjV7Gtif0
    What's the departure airfield in this video?

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    What's the departure airfield in this video?
    I've seen it on a couple of YT videos, but I can't remember where it is.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

It’s Locher field in Tyrol, Northern Italy, border with Austria. I have made this for FSX/P3D back in the day but someone else beat me in MSFS but it’s very nicely done. You can find it here:
    https://fr.flightsim.to/file/1811/lo...-airfield-loch

Just found it. It's Locher Sarentino Airfield in Italy. It's not in my sim, so it must be an addon. I'm off to see if I can find it...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

That didn't take long - and it's even free!

https://flightsim.to/file/1811/loche...-airfield-loch
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

It has a seriously interesting approach with cables strung across the valley. There’s some good real-life videos featuring it with a Pilatus PC-12 flying in.

https://youtu.be/43OXzp40Y_A

Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    I seriously hate the predefined exterior view points
    Me too. This thing fly like a rock. Wasted money, it's just not right. I've flown Bell 47s in sim for 20 years, none of them were ever this doggy.

They are aware. Frozen in flight. Stays stationary. Uncontrollable in anything but easy mode. The EC135 flies just fine for me. This Bell 47 is a good entry freeware offering. Nuff said. Not my first rodeo.

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Me too. This thing fly like a rock. Wasted money, it's just not right. I've flown Bell 47s in sim for 20 years, none of them were ever this doggy.
    I take it back. I'm wrong. I wasn't handling it correctly. I still don't like the external views, but it flys OK.

Got it, it's brill
    I only fly VR so rarely look at the external views.
    Hopefully some repaints will add some more weathering to the cockpit...
    Optional stretchers on the landing skids would be a really nice touch

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Got it, it's brill
    I only fly VR so rarely look at the external views.
    Hopefully some repaints will add some more weathering to the cockpit...
    Optional stretchers on the landing skids would be a really nice touch

Well, I learned something today. I had never heard/read the abbreviation of "brilliant" before. Brill. Interesting. . NC

First update today and the external views are fixed and new features added.

Yes, Brill it is.

Something fundemental changed with that update. It's actually flyable now. No more freeze, pitch, roll, clockwise spin. Weird. Must have been that cheese I sent with my whine.

Last edited by dvj; May 3rd, 2021 at 15:23.

Members who have read this thread: 0