Japan 1946

Thread: Japan 1946

Japan 1946

There's a lot of beautiful Japanese fighters at the web, unhappily, their airfiles are not according the designed envelope. One boring and common aspect of them was their vertical speed. All of them climb in "steps" and their ceiling behaviour was very bellow their designed performance. I began to revise their airfiles to get exact performance from them. The first one I mess is Allen's Mansyu Ki-98, a delicious plane to fly. After that, I revised Kawauso Works Nakajima Ki-87, one of his best works. After that, I go after of Gerald Lindell, David C. Copley, Andre van Duin, Phanis Sima and Lobo da Silva Tachikawa Ki-94. My final work was Lucariny's J5N1 Tenrai. I made one early conversion in 2004. I did a new model and a new simulated VC (it has not one built). Some achievements:

1. In all planes I succeed to climb uninterrupted to 33,000 feet at an vertical speed of 3,300 feet per minute;
    2. I succeed to get their designed maximum speed at recovering altitude within a limit of 2 knots;
    3. They are more manoeuvrable now.

Allen gimme the authorization to upload the complete Mansyu Ki-98 and I have the authorization to upload the Tenrai. My intention is to upload the airfiles and aircrafts.cfg files of Kawauso Works Nakajima Ki-87 and Gerald Lindell Tashikawa Ki-94.

Cheers

Pepe

JRN J1N1 Tenrai

Attachment 82546Attachment 82547Attachment 82548Attachment 82549Attachment 82550

Here are some images... I saved the textures using extended 16 bits 555.5 format. The original one, using DXT1, was blurred.

Cheers

Pepe

Members who have read this thread: 0