Lower Eyepoint for DC-3/C-47

Thread: Lower Eyepoint for DC-3/C-47

Lower Eyepoint for DC-3/C-47

I know how to make a custom view for the cockpit, and I can also do a combination of CTRL/SHIFT/BACKSPACE/ENTER keys to move the eyepoint around. But it seems like the eyepoint for the default virtual cockpit is way too high in Mannfred Jahn's outstanding DC-3/C-47, and I'd like to be able to sit a little lower in the seat. If I use the keys above to move my eyepoint lower, the changes are wiped out as soon is I re-enable my TrackIR. Since the Aircraft.cfg file doesn't show the default Virtual Cockpit, I can't edit the XYZ/PBR numbers like I do with other custom views. Does anyone have an idea how to make this work, or has there already been a custom view that is more realistic? It just seems like I should be looking up into the air when taxiing and not have more ground than sky when looking out my windscreen.

Thanks,
    Chris

In the aircraft.cfg look for the

[Views]
    eyepoint=-1.00, -0.50, 0.54

section, the three number are based from the centre of the model, the first number will move your view forward/backwards, positive numbers are forwards, negative numbers are backwards.
    The second numbers are left/right, negative left, positive right.
    The third is up/down, positive up and negative down.

Be aware that changing these will also affect the other camera views as they are base off of these numbers.

I like to use a program called Show Markers to help visualise where everything is
    daveg.cbfsim.org/files/ShowMarkers.zip
    It's also useful for other things such as contact point ect.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Be aware that changing these will also affect the other camera views as they are base off of these numbers.
    Thanks for the explanation! If that is going to change everything, maybe the best idea then is to generate a totally new view that makes me sit lower in the seat. That, or I could just copy the old numbers and paste them to the right behind some // so I could go back if dropping down a few inches messes everything else up.

Quote Originally Posted by crushnik View Post
    Thanks for the explanation! If that is going to change everything, maybe the best idea then is to generate a totally new view that makes me sit lower in the seat. That, or I could just copy the old numbers and paste them to the right behind some // so I could go back if dropping down a few inches messes everything else up.
    Yes definitely do the // part. its always a good idea to back thing up before editing.
    For the other cameras you can always edit those by the same amount as your new eyepoint once you get it where you want it.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56