VNAO Goshawk Mod

Thread: VNAO Goshawk Mod

VNAO Goshawk Mod

Patrick

Blog Entries
    Dangit Patrick! Now, I will have to purchase the Super Carrier. AUSAF pilot on a carrier. I will never live it down at the OC bar.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

USAF on a Carrier???

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Dangit Patrick! Now, I will have to purchase the Super Carrier. AUSAF pilot on a carrier. I will never live it down at the OC bar.
    Are you telling me you haven't been landing the F-18 on the carrier in DCS? I can't believe it! Landing on the boat in DCS (with the Super Carrier) is one of the best individual flight simulator challenges around at the present time (unless you like getting your azz waxed in one of the DCS sky battles). BTW, that T-45 looks very nice.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Are you telling me you haven't been landing the F-18 on the carrier in DCS? I can't believe it! Landing on the boat in DCS (with the Super Carrier) is one of the best individual flight simulator challenges around at the present time (unless you like getting your azz waxed in one of the DCS sky battles). BTW, that T-45 looks very nice.
    Not only have I not tried to land on a carrier (I don't have the DCS F-18) I have gotten my azz shot down every time I have flown combat in DCS. I NEED to go back to the training wheels.

P.S. I did buy the Super Carrier this morning. I also downloaded the T-45. Here's to not flying into the stern thingie.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Not only have I not tried to land on a carrier (I don't have the DCS F-18) I have gotten my azz shot down every time I have flown combat in DCS. I NEED to go back to the training wheels.

P.S. I did buy the Super Carrier this morning. I also downloaded the T-45. Here's to not flying into the stern thingie.
    Way to go shipmate! Study your pattern, watch your speeds and everything will be fine in time. The stern is the rear end of the carrier. Are you referring to the round down or the dreaded "spud locker"?

After you graduate from trainers, you have got to pick up the F-18. It is now quite refined by the DCS guys and is just one of the best simulated flying machines! (Now shipmate, can you help me find a new graphics card. I'd really like to find a 3080 or 6800 XT somewhere near the MSRP.)

Have fun.

P.S. I was doing carrier pattern work in the F-18 yesterday. I had one of my very few "OK" / 3 wire grades from the LSO, but that was after I had hit my nose wheel on the round down just prior to the trap. A real LSO would have given me an unsafe and a safety stand down! I usually watch the recording of my passes to get an idea of what works and what doesn't and that is how I discovered that I hit the round down.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Way to go shipmate! Study your pattern, watch your speeds and everything will be fine in time. The stern is the rear end of the carrier. Are you referring to the round down or the dreaded "spud locker"?

After you graduate from trainers, you have got to pick up the F-18. It is now quite refined by the DCS guys and is just one of the best simulated flying machines! (Now shipmate, can you help me find a new graphics card. I'd really like to find a 3080 or 6800 XT somewhere near the MSRP.)

Have fun.

P.S. I was doing carrier pattern work in the F-18 yesterday. I had one of my very few "OK" / 3 wire grades from the LSO, but that was after I had hit my nose wheel on the round down just prior to the trap. A real LSO would have given me an unsafe and a safety stand down! I usually watch the recording of my passes to get an idea of what works and what doesn't and that is how I discovered that I hit the round down.
    Well, I trapped. (Walks around with chest puffed out) It only took me four tries. Of course, I knew nothing when it came to procedures. I just flew around the boat and aimed for the deck, just above the round down, as you call it.

I am going to read up on carrier procedures before I try it again.

Flying with the VR headset makes it almost like being back in a cockpit.

Speaking of a new graphics card. I too am looking for a 3080. I am planning on building a new sim rig and would like to include a 3080 GPU. I am just not willing to pay eBay prices. I signed up on EGVA 's site. They put you in line. When your number comes up an email is sent. You have eight hours to respond with the purchase or it goes to the next person in line. I am sure my number will come up when I am on a trip with no or little internet contact. Oh well, my still 2070S is holding its own.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Well, I trapped. (Walks around with chest puffed out) It only took me four tries. Of course, I knew nothing when it came to procedures. I just flew around the boat and aimed for the deck, just above the round down, as you call it.

I am going to read up on carrier procedures before I try it again.

Flying with the VR headset makes it almost like being back in a cockpit.

Speaking of a new graphics card. I too am looking for a 3080. I am planning on building a new sim rig and would like to include a 3080 GPU. I am just not willing to pay eBay prices. I signed up on EGVA 's site. They put you in line. When your number comes up an email is sent. You have eight hours to respond with the purchase or it goes to the next person in line. I am sure my number will come up when I am on a trip with no or little internet contact. Oh well, my still 2070S is holding its own.
    The RTX 3080 is a great card for DCS, it has handled everything I've thrown at it so far from busy multiplayer servers, extreme weather etc. Good job with your landing, I can't tell you the number of times I made a hole in the back of the ship

Members who have read this thread: 0