Latest Hotfix CTD

Thread: Latest Hotfix CTD

Latest Hotfix CTD

Anyone else having CTD issues after the latest Hotfix? The loadup is normal until just before it reaches the home screen then it CTD's. No idea why.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just gave it a quick try and had no issues.
    Did you try to remove your addons and restart the sim ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I just gave it a quick try and had no issues.
    Did you try to remove your addons and restart the sim ?
    Yes, I moves the entire community folder, started normally so it's something in there it doesn't like. I guess it's going to be a long process of testing (removing certain folders in the community folder) to figure out what is causing the issue. All worked fine before the hotfix. This is a comedy of errors!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I identified the issue (I think). I removed the Flybywire Airbus folder and all repaints, sim loaded normally. I took note that the Flybywire Airbus installer ran through a couple of updates in the last couple of days plus it is noting that there were incompatible liveries and it gave the option to convert them to the updated FS2020 format. I am thinking that is where the trouble is because I did a clean developers version install of the Airbus and all is fine in terms of the Sim startup. I guess now that we have some knowledge base that some users might run into this issue, we at least know that we can verify the liveries after installing them to make sure that there are no conflicts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It happened to me once since upgrade #4 (France+). But the quick fix (1.15.8.0) seems to have solved the issue. So, basically, it was the other way around for me.
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

Apparently after these latest updates of both FS2020 and FlyByWire Airbus software, the stock and FBW A320 Neo's are two different entities now and are different selections in the aircraft list. As such (and little did I know), a great deal of the repaints out there are not cross compatible between the different versions. When I unkinked the digital spaghetti, all is back to normal. Maybe I am wrong but I just wish there was more of a heads up from Asobo about the changes and possible issues before the updates were carried out. They're moving the goal posts a lot these days.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No problems here and I never remove Community folder. I got it through Steam. Do these problems happen with people who got theirs through Steam?

The latest update (22 April) was supposed to be just a new AIRAC cycle and one missing water mask in France.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    The latest update (22 April) was supposed to be just a new AIRAC cycle and one missing water mask in France.
    That was what it was supposed to be, but I had some major problems with it. Firstly the 128Mb update that constituted the 22 April hotfix, started going round and round in what looked like an infinite loop, downloading and decompressing the same file fs_base-0.1.156.fspatch over and over. After 20 minutes, I gave up, and killed the MSFS process. My next attempt told me that it was a smaller update, though still labelled 22 April hotfix. This never even started to download, so another aborted process. The 3rd attempt told me that it needed a 34Gb update, still labelled the 22 April hotfix... this was the end of my afternoon, as I watched it slowly download the 34Gb, and then decompress over 100 fspatch files. I wasn't the only one to experience these issues, I saw at least 4 other people on the MSFS forum with the same problem. I really wish that Asobo would allow these updates to be voluntary, rather than mandatory, and it would be really nice, if there could be some way of knowing how long the update would take.

I had problems like that with this update as well. Aside from the confusingly unchanged version number, and the unsettlingly slow download and hanging installation bar.
    As soon as it WAS loaded and proceeded to open MSFS for use, there was a much longer loading time with music pausing frequently and a black screen throughout. Then once a flight was selected it seemed to take
    too long to load and then just sat there, at what should have been the transition to the 'ready to fly' cinematic scene, with the loading bar filled but never transitioning. I finally closed the app with task mgr, restarted my PC and restarted MSFS.
    Trying to get this sim to function with any kind of consistency (let alone good performance) is a frustrating exercise. These mystery patches - a literal roll of the dice as to what may happen afterward - only add to that pain.
    Sure enough the first flight I loaded was with the L-19 Tundra (also just updated) and it proceeded to face plant on the first takeoff. The elevator did nothing. So I reloaded it and checked to make sure all the control surfaces were working. They were. Second take-off roll and the same result. The tail came up
    at around 35kts and just kept going up until the airplane was perched in the wrong 3 point stance. Tried a few different airplanes and had similar results. So I dialed in full nose up trim. This would let me takeoff but there was nothing left in the trim wheel.
    Not knowing what to make of it and it now being after 10PM local time - I went to bed.
    Next morning I opened MSFS and was directed again to download the update. Nothing you can do but press 'ok' and the screen just flashed or blinked and then the sim continued to open as if nothing had happened. Nothing downloaded or installed. It now seems to be working as before.
    I never would have known why I needed AIRAC or a water mask on a lake I never fly near so I can see why people question these kinds of mandatory updates. And I also think that more is going into some of these than is disclosed - whether intentionally or accidentally. That 'flaps' debacle from WU3 is a prime example.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 0