Fast Carrier Raids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fast Carrier Raids

Fast Carrier Raids

This was by Pen32Win many years ago and based on CV6 USS Enterprise,from 2004 and 2006,so of course it has a lot of old ships in it.In the last 2 days I have updated some ships with Stuart's ships,updated the planes with B24 Guys overhauled ones and FDG Donation ware.All new skins by UT.Makes a big difference.

I think Pen32Win was going continue working on these Raids with the Yorktown and Lexington from what I read in one of texts from this campaign.I guess he sent the planes for these missions to Talon because they were on 1 of the discs I got from Hiede,I have updated these planes also.I have found some info on their raids also and have a few missions done for them.

AF=Midway.I have some of these missions updated also.

I have also added a couple of missions to Coral Sea done by Talon.I did more missions on the Yorktown attack at Tulagi.<br><br>Also I have been working on a Big E campaign which Talon started but never got to finish,he only did a couple of missions for it.This one will take awhile because Enterprise was in so many battles during the war.

This should keep me busy for a bit,don't you think?

TheBookie

Many years ago is right. I still have it saved, but the last time I flew those missions was July 2012. Good luck with modernizing it. I'll be anxious to see the new version.

That's a worthy project, alright!
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    Many years ago is right. I still have it saved, but the last time I flew those missions was July 2012. Good luck with modernizing it. I'll be anxious to see the new version.
    Worthless,
    The FCR with Enterprise is already finished,it only took about 5 or 6 hours to do.I just have to fly them to make sure everything is okay.The toughest part was fixing the planes I was using.

Updating missions with newer ships and planes is actually a simple process once you have everything you need.After I had the planes I was doing it took maybe 2 hours at most to edit 17 missions for the FCR.

Now I'm doing the planes for the Midway missions.These missions will also be a good test for the new effects I did for the IJN Carriers.

There are other missions done By Talon and Desperado ( both rip ) that were uploaded here,but lost in the crashes SOH had over the years.I may update them too.

TheBookie

Pen 32 stuff was pretty good for it,s time , But updating is a good idea , should prove to be a useful adventure !

Quote Originally Posted by Sarg Willy View Post
    Pen 32 stuff was pretty good for it,s time , But updating is a good idea , should prove to be a useful adventure !
    IMO he was one of the best in the Pacific.He didn't do many mission packs or campaigns,but what he did was great.

TheBookie

Icon22 Reply...

TheBookie,

Tony Cox (Pen32Win) was an excellent mission builder. Last I heard, he was still alive and kicking out in Arizona. He reappeared briefly several years ago to make the most modern crop of German "Flak" guns and machine guns.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    TheBookie,

Tony Cox (Pen32Win) was an excellent mission builder. Last I heard, he was still alive and kicking out in Arizona. He reappeared briefly several years ago to make the most modern crop of German "Flak" guns and machine guns.
    I was told his name was Gregg ( Bond I think ) by Talon who spoke with him on the phone several times.

TheBookie

USS Enterprise Fast Carrier Raids

I have redone this package by Pen32Win with some of the newer ships and planes.Since I hadn't put in the new scenery when I did them I used the stock scenery.This is just so you know if and when they are released.I'm still waiting for word if it's ok to release.

TheBookie

Thank you for what you have accomplished so far Bookie. Sure appreciate the older files like Midway and the USS Enterprise Fast Carrier Raids being brought up to todays standards thereby allowing CFS2 to stay alive and after roughly 22 years too. Wow...

Thank you for the update and your work, TheBookie! I was toying with the idea of doing the same using Rhumba mesh based scenery. I have a fresh install set up but only with MR's Gilberts so far. My attention however, is focused on the MTO, and especially Operation Dragoon.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Thank you for the update and your work, TheBookie! I was toying with the idea of doing the same using Rhumba mesh based scenery. I have a fresh install set up but only with MR's Gilberts so far. My attention however, is focused on the MTO, and especially Operation Dragoon.
    Actually it's not that hard to update missions if you can hand edit the mission file.

For the CV-5 Yorktown I have to install the Gilberts.

Is there an Operation Dragoon for CFS2? I know there is one for CFS3 ETO,Talon did about 10 years ago.

TheBookie

Library Staff
    Hi Chaps,

If you haven't seen them, there are 25 Operation Dragoon missions here: http://douchka3.free.fr/

There are a number of other MTO missions as well.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Hi Chaps,

If you haven't seen them, there are 25 Operation Dragoon missions here: http://douchka3.free.fr/

There are a number of other MTO missions as well.

Kevin
    I don't fly much in the MTO or ETO except in the CFS3 expansions.

TheBookie

Thanks Kevin. I see it and have downloaded 3 of the missions to take a look at them.

TheBookie: Some time back, Maskrider sent me an alternate GSL for his Gilberts without the AA guns and ships. As you may know AA in the GSL will not fire and they and the ships cannot be destroyed. If you want it, let me know.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Reply...

Shadow Wolf 07,

Thanks a handy thing to have for MaskRider's scenery...

The Bookie,

It's always to see new missions available for the Big "E."
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Fast Carrier Raids

Fast Carrier Raids rework is finished.

All new ships and planes have been added to bring it up to today's standards.

TheBookie
    Last edited by TheBookie; September 3rd, 2021 at 15:27.

Fast Carrier Raids

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: This campaign/mission pack follows the attacks on the Marshall Islands,Wake and Marcus by the USS Enterprise in early 1942.This pack was originally done by the AF=Midway team ( Pen32Win ) back in the early 2000's.All I did was bring it up to date with the new ships and planes.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Fast Carrier Raids
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thank you Bookie, look forward to this.

msfossey

TheBookie: Great! Thanks for the hard work, patience and dedication.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    TheBookie: Great! Thanks for the hard work, patience and dedication.
    This different version than I sent out before,only stock ship in it is the tugboat.I couldn't find another one.

TheBookie

Hi TheBookie
    Thanks for all your work with this.
    Take Care
    Stuart

PS
    I got $2 for Nature Strip.

Thank you!

Library Staff
    Thanks very much TheBookie! I'm happy to see Stuart's great work being utilised.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Thank you for your work. Going to try it out!

Members who have read this thread: 0