Nice is no longer nice to fly

Thread: Nice is no longer nice to fly

Nice is no longer nice to fly

Since the last France/Belgium/Netherland/Luxembourg, I cannot land or takeoff without serious issues; stuttering, TrackIR blur when looking right or left, hiccups in the framerate.

It goes away as soon as I am some distance from it. I wouldn't mind too much if my rig was not up to par but, without bragging, it meets or goes above all specs for best performance with the exception of a RTX 2070 Super instead of a RTX 2080.

So such an obvious bottleneck is odd. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

I'm using only a GTX1070-ti, so less powerful than your current hardware.
    In Nice, I don't really get stutters, excepted in ONE case: when I was looking away from the airport for long time, and then I look at it again: there is a kind of "loading" stutter for a second, and after that it's back to normal.
    I haven't measured the FPS, though...

Blog Entries
    What is your "buildings" setting? Maybe it is too high?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I have no problems whatsoever, you can check out my build in my signature.

But I'm not flying at "ultra", I might say. Most of it is high and medium, and still quality is more than acceptable.

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

It sounds like there's a lot of photogrammetry in that area, which can be hard on frames. I know that the first time I flew over London after its update, I was down to ~15 FPS instead of my normal 25-27.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

No, there is no photogrammetry around Nice LFMN.

Thank you all for your input.

It does tell me that the problem is mine, not a general issue.

It also gave me an idea; removing and reinstalling the "new" Nice airport scenery;

It did help with the stuttering, but not with the TrackIR "flashing by" nauseating effect;

So: I will try uninstalling again and verify if it causes this visual issue. A bit of a head scracher this one
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

This is a long shot but I had problems with my TrackIR months ago and it was going haywire, checked drivers and everything, come to find out it was keying on my Christmas tree lights behind me, LOL.

Your video shows the same effect I'm suffering from: a big lag due to "loading" of the scenery each time it comes on the screen.
    However, I got that only the few first times after loading the flight. Later on, it didn't happen anymore. Loading was smooth.
    I did only a very short test flight though, so my view on this is not reliable yet.

I believe this might be due to video settings though. Maybe not in the sim, maybe in the NVidia Control Panel, I don't know... Sounds like something like that...

If you are using the rolling cache, I saw one YT vid suggesting that you clear the cache, because it may have stored scenery that is incompatible or in conflict with the update.

August

I would also try flying offline or at least turning off traffic nameplates, they have caused stuttering and FPS drops for me since back in August when the sim first launched in a way that is nearly identical to what is shown in your video.
    Last edited by ak416; April 22nd, 2021 at 12:38.

Members who have read this thread: 0