inner flaps texture for mz-spitfire5.zip

Thread: inner flaps texture for mz-spitfire5.zip

inner flaps texture for mz-spitfire5.zip

Hello all,

I've set my choice on the mz-spitfire5.zip from Hagochu (Akemi Mizoguchi) mz_hago. A perfect plane that flies wonderfully, quite pleasant to paint, no texture distorsions at all, a real beauty from an awesome designer.

The only question I have though is about the location of the wings inner flaps (above and below) textures on the bitmaps (see the picture below). I was not able to find them and I would like to give them both another color, possibly with panel lines and rivets.

If anyone knows where they are, could you kindly point them to me, please ?

Thank you so much for your kind help and cooperation.

Pierre_NC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mz-spitfire5.png  

To fin the texture file, change the view mode in MCX to wireframe and open the materials editor (and check the box to highlight the selected texture on the model) and it will show you which one the part is on.

It's a little more difficult to find out where it is on the sheet itself.

One way is to use MCX to export the model in .dae format and then import it into Blender. Once it's open in Blender, you can look at the part with Blender in UV Editor mode. This will show you the UV map, which you can export if you want.

Another way to find the location is to use FSRepaint by Abacus (it's payware but not expensive) and make test edits to the texture sheet until you find the correct spot on the model.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    To fin the texture file, change the view mode in MCX to wireframe and open the materials editor (and check the box to highlight the selected texture on the model) and it will show you which one the part is on
    This will help me a lot, awstub. Thank you very much for answering me so quickly.

Members who have read this thread: 0