Atlanta-Hartsfield FSX 2021

Thread: Atlanta-Hartsfield FSX 2021

Hybrid View

Atlanta-Hartsfield FSX 2021

I went looking for an up to date KATL and found a really nice P3D 2020 over at AVSIM which I downloaded and then with the aid of ADEx compiled for FSX and renamed the CVX and OBJ files and it worked perfectly. I have permission from Joseph Kaiser who with permission did the conversion from the 2016 version to P3D share it when its done. Ed Akridge has added the Delta Hanger properly marked which he created. I am currently with the aid of Google Earth and the Airport chart bringing it up to 2021. The buildings are from FSX default which are well done shapes and textures. That also keeps the frame rates down. Google Earth shows all of the runways, ramps and gates marked with painted boxes on the surface but after creating them in Sketchup and placing them, when I opened up the airport in FSX the fps drops from 28-8 so to verify that I removed the bgls and sure enough that is what happened. FPS went right back up to 28-36 even with the Aerosoft CRJ. I would like to add them if possible if anyone has a way how and not cripple the frame rates. Open to suggestions.

Sketchup vs GMAX

My friend Ed told me that if I had created them in GMAX that there would only be a few triangles/polys in each marking NOT 300 like I found out so I undertook the laborious task of converting them using MDCx/GMAX-FSTools/MDCx and making a new bgl of each and then replacing them. I have finished the North side of runway 8L/26R and am going to test the theory tomorrow. I hope that this does it and its just a lot of work. I now know how to do something like this in the future. I learned the hard way but I learned and that's what counts.

KATL Update

I checked out the new bgls that I replaced on the airport today in FSX and with the default Cessna 172 I was getting 70-80 fps, is that fantastic or what? I will continue replacing all of the old "Sketchup" bgls with the new GMAX bgls and I will post some screenshots and should be able to share this here and on AVSIM that I have permission to do. On my system there isn't a bit of flickering either. For those of us old enough to remember, like Hannibal of A-team said: I love it when a plan comes together!

This sounds fantastic. Thank you for the hard work and looking forward to your conversion. It will be great to fly into an updated ATL in FSX.

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    This sounds fantastic. Thank you for the hard work and looking forward to your conversion. It will be great to fly into an updated ATL in FSX.
    Its closer today than it was yesterday and lookin' good IMHO. Thanks to the Lord for my talent and His showing me how to use it to share with others.

Seems to me that Atlanta has always been one of the fps killers in FSX. An up to date KATL that is not a fps killer would be great.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0