Eddie Rickenbacker Fighting the Flying Circus Campaign
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Rickenbacker Fighting the Flying Circus Campaign

Eddie Rickenbacker Fighting the Flying Circus Campaign

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: Captain Eddie V. Rickenbacker was the most successful American fighter ace of World War I, with 26 aerial victories. In the Rickenbacker Campaign, you will fly 24 Captain Rickenbacker's combat missions with the USAS 94th Aero Squadron, against Germany in the skies over Europe. Although America's involvement in the war was much shorter than the French and English, the American aviators still made a fighting reputation for themselves.

The campaign is designed to complement / integrate with the Aerocrate WWI theater.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Eddie Rickenbacker Fighting the Flying Circus Campaign
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

I don't have CFS2, but just wanted to share a memory. In 1969, I was 16 yrs old, and was at a grand opening of a bank that my dad was a manager for. Capt. Eddie Rickenbacher was at the opening, autographing copies of his autobiography. I still have my copy on my bookshelf..... NC

Been waiting for this one. Off to get it now.

Thanks a bunch,
    B24Guy

What a wonderful surprise. THANK YOU Captain.
    Finn

Library Staff
    Thanks very much Kurt - well done - I've been looking forward to these missions.

Unfortunately I got an error unzipping the file and consequently the auto-install is not working. I downloaded the package a second time but still had the same problem. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers,
    Kevin

Hi Kevin

I just downloaded it, unzipped it and ran the auto installer with no problems. You may have had some file corruption during the download? Try downloading it again and see if you have the same problem.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

I've been looking forward to this campaign. Many thanks Kurt!

Many thanks for this, Kurt. A lot of work behind it as everyone can see but the end result looks great!

Cheers
    BuV

Library Staff
    Got it now Kurt after downloading one more time.

Downloaded!

Great thanks Kurt

Martin

Captain Kurt,

Many thanks for your hard work.I'm not a big fan of flying WW1 campaigns,the last 2 I flew were in 2008 and 2010.They were a Werner Voss Campaign and The Red Baron campaign,a total of about 130 missions.They were made for Aerocrate but never given to them to be released.

On another note,I'm surprised ( not really ) That all the WW1 fans have been so silent.Over 900 hits on this thread and only 8 or 9 posters,such a shame for all the hard work you put into this.

TheBookie

captain kurt
    I was never a ww1 pilot, but it seems that it has changed do to this campaign,but when open the campaign, it claims that PJ Walkers baloons can't be found, have I forgotten anything?, but under all circumstances, it's a fantastic piece of work, THANK YOU!
    Killer Svend

The PJ Walker balloons are the Parseval-Sigfsield_Balloon and the French_Caquot_Balloon, both of which are in the auto installer AIRCRAFT folder. They should be in your CFS2/AIRCRAFT Folder after running the install.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Icon22 Reply...

Captain Kurt,

I look forward to flying this as soon as my capstone class is done for my graduate degree. I love the quality of your campaigns, especially with regard to airbases, skins, and your flight models. I'm sure this is equal to your other works. I have to turn in my action research project by May 6th, so as soon as that's done, I'll be done with my graduate program.

Really looking forward to flying this and getting back into CFS2 for a while!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thanks Captain , I do appreciate the work that went into this ,
    I,m a few years behind you guy,s , still playing catch up ,

Captain Kurt
    Re. balloons, I checked, the balloons was duly installed, but the campaign refuse to load them, after clic ok to both, the campaign opens, any idea of what could possible be wrong.
    Killer Svend

No idea. Which mission, or is it when you choose the campaign or first mission or what?
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Baloon Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    No idea. Which mission, or is it when you choose the campaign or first mission or what?
    Problem is if you check Aircraft Names, they must be edited to match names in the missions. A simple edit will solve problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jon0804 View Post
    Problem is if you check Aircraft Names, they must be edited to match names in the missions. A simple edit will solve problem.
    Thanks, but they already do match.

Anyone else having the same problem as Killer Svend?
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Everything is duly edited ,aircraft and mission file is 100% equal, the funny thing is,that, under normal circumstances,the campaign would not open if two essential planes was missing,but clicking ok twice on both"can notfiend" the campaign opens and I can fly it as "normal"
    Killer Svend

I can't replicate the issue on my system. If no one else reports a similar issue, I guess it must be spooks specific to your system.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Library Staff
    Could it be because there are no files in the balloons' panel folders? I included very basic panel files and I'm not having any trouble.

Icon22 Reply....

Kevin,

I think you hit the nail on the head. With using Install Creator, it's easy to overlook (lord knows I've done it many times) that you need to at least have a dummy text file in all empty folders in order for them to stay intact. If the folders are empty, the installer program will delete them.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Yep, that nailed it

When the installer runs, it drops the balloon panel folders because they didn't contain a file in them.

For those who have already downloaded the campaign, just put the attached folder in both of the balloon folders.

panel.zip

I'll have the download fixed shortly.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Members who have read this thread: 1