Virtavia P-2 Neptune Update Package

Thread: Virtavia P-2 Neptune Update Package

Virtavia P-2 Neptune Update Package

So a lot of people in the virtual firefighting community were underwhelmed by the Virtavia Neptune on multiple levels. I'm being one of those people. Decided to update it to fly more like the real Neptune and add some things that make it a little more enjoyable to fly as an airtanker. Some may know they came out with a "remastered" package of it last year I think it was, that included a couple airtanker versions with the Navy versions. I've also added custom sounds to it to better represent the unique roar of the P-2Vs. The roar of R3350s with the howl of J34 turbo jets was non-existent in the original. Which I think is one of those things that makes the Neptune iconic. Nothing really sounds like it. I've changed the weights, added payload stations, made the plane truly 4 engines, and changed the overall flight dynamics. as well as some housekeeping things to make it work better with FireFighterX for those that use it. Also added several more liveries. 7 to be exact. Testing is currently being done on them and I should be releasing the update soon. Also, those that fly the Navy versions exclusively, the aircraft.cfg file can just be changed to better match the Navy versions with your own reference. Anyone who obviously flies those versions can also use this update to freshen up their P-2s. This will just be a coding change really. No model conversion work or anything like that. I'm having it tested in both FSX and P3D versions of their Neptune.

Sound Preview:

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Outstanding!!!!! NC

Just to be sure, is your project going to require the Virtavia P-2V upgrade for P3D or is this a standalone release that we can add Navy textures from the older (FSX) Virtavia P2V?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Just to be sure, is your project going to require the Virtavia P-2V upgrade for P3D or is this a standalone release that we can add Navy textures from the older (FSX) Virtavia P2V?

Thanks
    Yes it will be required, but not just for P3D, FSX as well. The update is an aircraft.cfg update, AIR file update, additional airtanker operator liveries, some optional effects added, and new sounds. The update is planned to be a drop in replacement of the stock files listed above for either FSX or P3D versions of their Remastered Neptune. No models, panels, or core files like that. I have this setup for the new firebomber versions included in their remastered release of them. But the only thing that would really need to be done would be to adjust the Navy version's operating weights to make the .cfg fit the Navy variants. And maybe rename the payload station I added if you so wished. In theory this update would likely even work with their old FSX/FS2004 models as far as I could tell (could be wrong though), the aircraft internally, hasn't changed much from their Alphasim version, I felt they flew identical to one another when I tested it. FSX will have some changes that are different to the P3D version, but all that will be listed in the readme on where to add/change things. I'm having it tested in both sims at the moment.

Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

I just purchased the P3D V4 version today: I'm looking forward to the upgrade package.

I've added some additional features to the Neptune this past weekend after some suggestions I got I've added some more lights to the aircraft, as well as added some immersive squeaking brake sounds. Since this is also something the Neptunes are kind of known for. Don't worry that will be optional, it might annoy some people (maybe). Jet engine smoke effects are working as well. All this will be included with the update package. I've also done some custom thumbnails for the firefighting versions for FSX users. I have some more tests to get done with beta testers in both FSX and P3D, but hopefully I should have this update package done relatively soon.

Some Preview Media:

Short firefighting mission out of Prescott ATB

Putting some line around a series of small lightning fires out of Porterville ATB tonight
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p2v.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	82439

Repaints Coming in the Pack:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neptunes.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	82440