Battle for Europe mission issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle for Europe mission issue

Battle for Europe mission issue

Devildog73
    You say you have Battle for Europe running well. I am having trouble with the BSK_MosquitoNFII. It won't initialize and says "Error loading mission file. Either the mission file is corrupt or formatted improperly. Give me a heads up please.
    Thanks

Question Reply...

Highpockets,

Why won't it initialize? Does the Mosquito show up in free flight? If not, you may want to open up the panel.cfg and sound.cfg files to see if the aircraft is either missing files, or they are aliased to an aircraft that is not in the sim.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

SOH-CM-2024

Icon26 BSK Mosquito NFII

Highpockets,

I always have problems with the BSK Mosquito and the BSK Martin Maryland ; so I swap out the panel and the sound and replace with another Panel and sound and it then works fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rami
    It is installed right out of the d/l with dbolt weapons selection. There is a panel file notepad and a Gryphon panel file notepad in the panel folder. The a/c sound is aliased to the P-38F which is there. The player a/c string is Dehaviland Mk.IV which does not match the air.cfg title in fltsim.0 ??
    This is mission 22.

What panel should be substituted should I decide? I can get the Merlin sound and place it in the sound file.

Question Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    Rami
    It is installed right out of the d/l with dbolt weapons selection. There is a panel file notepad and a Gryphon panel file notepad in the panel folder. The a/c sound is aliased to the P-38F which is there. The player a/c string is Dehaviland Mk.IV which does not match the air.cfg title in fltsim.0 ??
    This is mission 22.

What panel should be substituted should I decide? I can get the Merlin sound and place it in the sound file.
    Highpockets,

Try changing the name in the aircraft.cfg to read this: BSK Mosquito NFII, as well as the player a/c string.
    "Rami"

Rami
    that did not work. I will get back to it sometime later . I have been messing with it for a while.

SOH-CM-2024

Icon26 BSK NFII Mosquito

Highpockets,

I couldn't get the BSK Mosquito to show at all .
    So I took the Mosquito Sounds and replaced the one that it came with; then I added a FS98 Panel from flightsim for a NF30 Mosquito and then added that to BSK Mosquito and bingo.!!!!
    Away she flew !! The only issue I have is that you have to stretch the panel out to fit the screen because it is for FS98.

Hope this helps,
    Regards'

Can be frustrating , but sometimes , its something we have done as a mistake , Eg a missing bracket
    fltsim] = as in the forward bracket , will drive you nuts , you will repeat , repeat all the other causes till the cows come home , and still not see it , been there done that ,whf it worked before?

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    Devildog73
    You say you have Battle for Europe running well. I am having trouble with the BSK_MosquitoNFII. It won't initialize and says "Error loading mission file. Either the mission file is corrupt or formatted improperly. Give me a heads up please.
    Thanks
    highpockets,

I do not alias anything to another aircraft, ever.
    I put Mosquito panels and sounds in the BSK_MosquitoNFII.
    I make sure the missions aircraft called for and aircraft names are exactly the same.
    I use Jones QC Editor to make sure the MosquitoNFII is functioning in Quick Combat.
    I make sure the BSK_MosquitoNFII is listed in both Descript.dat and mdlnames.

I know this is a bit overboard for some of our friends here in the basement, but I leave nothing to chance.
    I highlight, copy and paste the aircraft name from the DP and AIR files so that I know they are exactly the same.

Hope this helps.
    Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Devildog73
    Thanks for the response. There are a few trails you mentioned haven't gone down yet. I see a couple of clues to my problem. I was getting pretty tired of messing with this particular a/c.
    I did find the player a/c and the air.cfg title had :
    DH 98 in the title and 98 DH in the player a/c. That still didn't fix it. Back to work on it tomorrow with your tips.

Over the course of thinking about this in the back of my mind, deep pocket......

Seems to me there are name issues in the files of the BSK_MosquitoNFII.
    I will do some checking.........
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Devildog73
    Thanks for checking it out. There is a gremlin in there somewhere.

highpockets,

Did you every get Battle for Europe up and running with the Mosquito NFII?

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Devidog73

NOPE! I gave up. I went through every iteration on the list I had for " AC missing in the library":
    Folder name matching the mission a/c name
    a/c cfg matching the player name
    Air and dp matching the " sim=name"
    I missed something somewhere. Spent a lot of time trying to find it-- moved on to fly other missions or other campaigns.

--Question does the mosey load in free flight ?

and how many aircraft in the install ?

Sarg
    Doesn't load either in mission or FF. 70 a/c in the campaign.

A total of 70 aircraft , should be under the limit , So something is a miss with the aircraft itself , because its not loading in free flight , If you changed panel and sound alias , then look at the model Cfg , for miss naming , Sub in a working air file ,
    and cfg for the mosey -- bac up the org first --

Still a problem -- something has got corrupted -- looks ok but went bad -- try a new download ---
    or zip up the problem and post , and I,ll see I can track it down ,

Sarg
    I am having issues with attachments. Another problem I need to post. windows 10 grrr.
    Here is the a/c from this website. Brunosk Mosquito NFII V4

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=50&id=6228

my findings Brunno Mossey ,

The zip loaded , to free flight , no issues , The dp , was not an issue ,
    What ever load outs were used , Gave no Prompts can,t find ,
    I took off From Lieston Airfield , climbed to 2.500 ft , went through Panel selection,s,
    Got a CTD error On number 6 Panel pop up --

The panel entre is no-5 = GPS --
    My system nas no GPS gauges to find -- Removed a long time bac --
    I do use NDB,s for locates ,

I blocked the panel entree to = GPS by //

Ran the aircraft again and No CTD resulted !

So the aircraft Zip is working -- from your down load --SOH --

All I changed was sound file Alias -- to the stock -- (P38) --

copy -- of it reads

[fltsim]
    alias=C:\1s\38

Which is a remote out of sim folder ,

If the p-38F Lightning loads . in free flight , then the sound , Alias to it may be corrupted !
    dump the file sound Cfg , Alias , copy in one that you know works ,
    then rename it ,

[fltsim]
    alias=P38F_Lightning\sound

And I found out the hardway , when you have something that works, be that any --
    CFG file contained in the M$s sim,s --- Always right click , the finished product ,
    Select propertys -- Choose Read Only ! Click OK ,

It kills the cloak and dagger agent , that strips your system of all Cfg controller files ,
    I,m still in fix it mode , with one computer , from a shop that fixed something ,
    All they said was it should not have happened ,
    Zip files were safe ,
    Something ate half of the Cfg files , and they didn,t know why ?

Dislexia and function , [Alais] meaning you see it correctly -- but still type it wrongly !
    one of my life long battles !
    should be [Alias] the Sim doesn,t like the first one !
    Last edited by Sarg Willy; April 24th, 2021 at 14:22.

Icon22 Reply...

Good evening,

I plan on looking at this as soon as I hand in my final graduate paper. I do my final presentation tomorrow night, and I expect to have the paper finished by the end of the week. Sorry about any issues regarding this; these missions have not been looked at in a LONG time.
    "Rami"

Sarg Willy Devil Dog 73 and others
    I finally got the Mosquito going in the mission and FF. The issue was in the panel-- pretty sure.. Not exacting sure what was going on. I am going to do some more "fiddling" tomorrow to see if I can duplicate the issue.
    Thanks for the help.

Ok. I could never replicate the issue with the BSK Mosquito. I d/l and reinstalled per instructions and all is well except I can't see the enemy in the dark! 🤣

Before night vision goggles ,, , but I,ll have a look to see if it has a tinted canopy ,

The day time visibility is good , swaping the glass textures out makes no difference , It,s probably something in the model it self , An interior , glass -- emissive set too high as an example -- one thing to look at --
    and it depends on your moniture settings too , older ones tend to loose brightness , for nite opps ,

you could change the mission time , to brighton your vision ,
    and it,s also a good idea to add a scattered cloud base about 2,000 ft above the Eai cruise height !
    The reflected light , for nite opps , makes a big difference ,

The enemy aircraft , last resort , is to add more emissive , to the outside of the whole aircraft , for brighter nite opps,
    and also works great for aircraft carriers -/- target ships -- for nite usage

Also the canopy lights , need adjustment for Vc ,missing in action !

Sarg
    The mission itself is during the night over Germany to defend the bombers against night fighters. I was joking about not seeing - the a/c labels help find those rascals.. Obviously no night vison goggles in 1944-45.😁
    Sorry to put you to any wasted work.😒

Members who have read this thread: 1