NASCAR: Carl Edwards

Thread: NASCAR: Carl Edwards

Lightbulb NASCAR: Carl Edwards

Interesting dialogue here. What really stands out to me is the following statement by him:
    Bobby Labonte posed the question to Edwards if his wife would let him return to the drivers seat........ if NASCAR by chance changed the package to where there was no downforce and about 1,000 horsepower, I could probably get pretty interested in that, too.

https://www.jayski.com/2021/04/03/ca...course-return/

"She would let me just because it would get me out of the house," Edwards joked,
    Same reason my wife lets me do things.

adding, “I have thought about it a little. I miss the driving part a lot. I miss the people.
    Yep, I can understand that! I think we all have a better understanding of that after the events of 2020.

I don’t miss the schedule.
    I can understand that too! That, I think, is a huge reason Carl left racing, too much time away from his young family.

A one-off would be a lot of fun.

“Towards the end of my career, I really enjoyed the road courses. If I were going to do something, it would probably be on a road course.
    I could see him returning for one or two races a year, but he would need to practice and he would need to find a sponsor. Cup Series cars and teams are not usually a one or two race a year deal.

Or, if NASCAR by chance changed the package to where there was no downforce and about 1,000 horsepower, I could probably get pretty interested in that, too.”
    Keep dreaming. I have it on pretty good authority that NASCAR is looking at downsizing the engines to reduce power, reducing the current 5.87 liters (358 cubic inch) V-8 to 5.0 liters. No downforce? Ha! NASCAR loves playing games with aerodynamics.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Icon2

Not to sure about NASCAR...
    But in IndyCar, the fastest/best drivers were the ones that drove the old 1000hp ones where you had to lift much in the turns at Indy....

Members who have read this thread: 0