B737-300 for P3DV5

Thread: B737-300 for P3DV5

B737-300 for P3DV5

For those who like turbine powered spam cans - Noted that Capt Sim have released a Beta B737-300 for P3DV5. Seems to indicate their faith in where the sim world should be and it seems very popular - in the space of 24 hours paints have gone from 3 to 27 from simmers. Usual Capt Sim early release - quite a few bugs that will probably take another 6 months plus to a year to be fixed. No other comment I will resuming waiting to see if they do the 707 and 727 for V5, then I might return to the fold - seems in the meantime I have become a Douglas man!. Interesting that you can get nearly every Airbus and every Douglas ( from the venerable 3 to the 10 and on) into P3DV5 but zilch for the early Boeings.

Looks nice but not for me. If will be the "Gunship" version, so AC-737 ;> I'll take it .

Link: https://captainsim.net/products/y345/y373/ .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

At $60.00 in round numbers for the beta I'm not interested.
    I'll wait and see if they can produce a decent B-737 first and as Bendy posted, I'll wait and see if they produce the B-707 and B-727 before investing anything.
    Why p3Dv5?
    Obviously it is an in depth FS program aimed at serious training, unlike MSFS.
    We'll see what evolves.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Well it seems the take up on this one is pretty high. First update is now out but it is still classed as a Beta. Of note is that in the space of 3 weeks there are now 70 different liveries been done by various folk for this one - seems like is it very popular indeed. Still too many bugs and no Ansett paint (Yet).

I noted that one of the old simmers on the Capt Sim Forum there who is actually a 20,000 hr + TWA pilot (see the thread Lou's Tales - for some great flying stories from him) with serious real time on the 727, 747 and 757 and years of simming as well basically saying all the Capt Sim aircraft looked and felt like the real thing to him and handled on the numbers. He has been battling with MSFS installs and updates etc and has decided the jets there are junk! They fly nothing like the real thing and after 10 years on the 747 I guess he would know. Graphics are great thats all. I think he has gone back to P3D well and truly. When the 737-300 comes out of Beta I am in. Still no word on the 727 or 707 alas. Doing the monorail in the 727 was a delight in the sim!

+1 here

Totally on the fence here on the CS737-300. Visuals look fantastic, and its "heyday" covers a great time (80s-90s). CS products do tend to eat frames somewhat (all the 4096 textures maybe??), though. Will probably end up getting it - especially if they add a -400, -500, & freighters.

Agree with "Lou's" assessment (think that's him in CS forum) vise vie MSFS, as it stands. Much potential, but not there yet. Great for painters, & screen shots, but rarely fly in it now. We were joking online the other day about the "next great scenery" from a group you've NEVER heard of, rendering an airport you'll likely never fly to, for MSFS. Was great comic relief, and well needed at the time. In all fairness, it IS relatively new, and they are working on it, but clearly the "barriers to making visual scenery", plugged into the (current) real world have been dramatically changed. Given a proper SDK is not even out yet, it may be a little bit before I would embrace it seriously.

Bill

Members who have read this thread: 0