First pictures of the PMDG DC-6 for MSFS! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: First pictures of the PMDG DC-6 for MSFS!

Straight passenger, or will a freighter version be part of the package? Hoping for an Everts Air scheme.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Straight passenger, or will a freighter version be part of the package? Hoping for an Everts Air scheme.

-Jeff
    Freighter (DC-6A) included. If I recall correctly, PMDG offered at least one Everts paint for the FSX and P3D versions. I'd expect the same here. I'm sure the painters will come through with more.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

One of the advantages of belonging to this community, is the amazing talent pool of artists that gather at the virtual water cooler.... there will soon be several Everts' liveries... the "Blue Canoe" Evert's Fuel version is my personal favorite..

Now, IMAGINE THIS in the NEW SIM!

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    I believe he was referring to the part of the story where I wrote- Henning the FE considered the aeroplane HIS and only allowed the Prima Donna Pilots up front with big watches to “borrow” the aircraft for short periods of time. Henning was instrumental in surveying the original this simulation is based on.
    Aha, Ok! Sure i know about Henning, also that many a flight engineer considers the plane his and that pilots better 'watch out' not to upset him and his plane. That;s why they wear those big watches no doubt.

It was a subtle reference to the story, I appreciated
    You will be very pleased Jan... she gets more endearing with each iteration.C
    C
    I hear you, brother !

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    @Jan -

Thanks! Glad to be hanging out in your neighborhood. I'm still around - left the Avsim and A2A forums but I stop by here and post on the MSFS forum as well.

We did indeed have great times. And I'll always be grateful to you for pulling me into yours and Manfred's project. Fantastic experience - and I hope I was able to contribute even if it was only in a fringe kind of way.

Speaking of fantastic experiences - that DC-6 can't get here soon enough.

Am already planning flights...
    Hi Alan,

Yes, this is truly a dream come true of the 'hard to believe' kind, isn't it. The PMDG 6 was sort of a wonder already in FSX/P3D but what we're about to get our dirty hands on now will no doubt prove to be the undisputed pinnacle of propliner simulation we've ever had the nerve to dream about !

Certainly waiting for AH's 3 too of course. Awfully quiet on the A2A front, isn't it. I still remember the guessing game that led us to their amazing Connie. That was great fun! Will they do it again, that's the question.

Still unclear if we'll ever get to gather up in Manfred's hangar about anything MSFS related (last time we talked he even had no hangar, but times and things can change (ask Bob Dylan) and always look on the bright side of life (ask Monty Python). That's my motto.

Once things DO change indeed i'll know where to find you, Alan, and thanks very much for your friendship !

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

Once things DO change indeed i'll know where to find you, Alan, and thanks very much for your friendship !
    It has been - and continues to be - my pleasure!

I do stop by the beta forum every couple of days, just to see if there's anything going on. I got the impression from Manfred that he was stepping back and leaving it to the rest of us - which, if so, is understandable, given how complex all things MSFS are turning out to be.

If things to pick up, I'd hope to find out there - but of course you can feel free to track me down here as well.

At least we've got our six incoming.

And Capt. Randazzo keeps dropping hints about how he knows a guy who owns a DC-3...

Now, wouldn't it be a fine thing to have a pair of PMDG Douglas propliners?

I can... and will... dream on...

-- Saint-Exupery

A few more to whet your appetite at https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...he-beta-period
    Truly fantastic - especially the sunset glint off the prop discs: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...775#post127775

Also... bonus points for proper use of "whet"...

You're making my day in all kinds of domains!

-- Saint-Exupery

Alan- we are devolving into a society that utters voluminous rubbish in hashtags. Fortunately, I missed THAT boat.

Glad you're enjoying the Six... soon you will have her in your hands, our fantastic SOH artists will get out their brushes, and the aviation world will be just like it was in the Fifties again

C

Jeff- there is already an Everts as a WIP- it will be properly represented.

Jan, Alan et al-

Thread updated with some images of V5-NCG, where it all began. https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...a-period/page2

C

Santa Barbara to Jackson Hole this morning, and the light was soft and lovely

Notice the now operational sliding interlock that allows for field barometric setting (30" MAP) on 1 & 2 but not on 3 & 4. Once the left side is tested, just slide it over to the other side for the right side tests.

She gets better and better... mo better

C

Ripping out of SBA at 50/2800 before power comes back to METO (Everts uses a max dry of 50" unless needed for performance)

..and especially for you Jan, Jan Kees and Alan...

The Office in Cruise... a lovely place to sip coffee and do fuel burn calculations...

..and especially for you Jan, Jan Kees and Alan...
    Noted. And truly appreciated.

Now, off to watch the descent video.

You guys are really, really not making it easy to wait....

-- Saint-Exupery

..and especially for you Jan, Jan Kees and Alan
    I am so waiting to apply paint to this, bring it on!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

cavaricooper, is it possible to remove old radios on the pedestal, like in FSX/P3D version? Or old radios is workable?

Quote Originally Posted by Meridien View Post
    cavaricooper, is it possible to remove old radios on the pedestal, like in FSX/P3D version? Or old radios is workable?
    No- but keep in mind this is in Alpha/Beta and things could change. The old radios are not functional.C

Some more postings at PMDG for those interested...

Members who have read this thread: 1