First pictures of the PMDG DC-6 for MSFS! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First pictures of the PMDG DC-6 for MSFS!

Excellent news! I‘m really looking forward to buy the PMDG DC-6 for the third time

But I can only hope that there is an option to hide the tablet…

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

OK. I have just died and gone to heaven. Thank you Carl for letting me know !

Horsing around with the Spitfire was great but it looks like the MSFS show finally gets on the road for good. No more fooling around it's getting all pretty serious now. I think i'm going to have to watch those tuts multiple times before it will really sink in what exactly i am seeing and hearing here unfolding before my unbelieving eyes and ears. Am i dead ? No, not really i guess. Am i dreaming? That looks more like it, yes. Atm i am not sure, really....

Just in case this all is really true i am not going to need anything more, that's for sure !

Thanks a million Captain Randazzo, Sir, with this extraordinairy revelation you have made my day, week, month, year and hopefully many years to come.

To all vintage propliner lovers around the world i'd like to vent my opinion about the forthcoming PMDG DC-6 MSFS edition *just* by watching the tuts : it is simply I N C R E D I B L E !! O N G E L O O F L IJ K !! U N G L A U B I C H !! I N C R E Í B L E !! I N C R O Y A B L E !! I N C R E D I B I L E !! U T R O L I G !! O T R O L I G !! U S K O M A T O N !! N E V E R O Y A T N Y Y !! H I H E T E T L E N !! N E T I C A M I !! P R O B L E M O O F L I J K !! N E V E R O J A T N O !! A P I S T E F T O S !! B Ê B A W E R !! I N A N I L M A Z !! L A Y U S A D I Q !! J I H Ã O D E !! S H I N J I R A R E N A I H O D O !!

Enough said ? Don't think so no, but atm i am too flabbergasted to find any more words.

Thanks very much again Carl for this incredible HU, i really wasn't aware this kind of totally amazing ongoings were really going on so soon already. THANKS, MATE !!

Cheers,
    Jan

Something to whet the appetite Jan-

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not an airliner fan so much when it comes to flight sim, I like the GA stuff and a warbird or two, and helicopters for the most part.
    But I flew across country twice on United DC-6's before I was 7 years old - I had managed to keep the pair of bright metal, painted and polished wings safe for many years as a reminder of those experiences. Sadly those are gone - probably worth a stupid amount of money now too..lol
    Two images I have no problem recollecting. The Dc-6 in United livery waiting on the ramp for us to board at LAX in the glinty November morning - and rushing over the purest white lumps and expanses of cumulus clouds with that cold blue sky all around as it climbed out and headed east..

I will buy this DC-6 day one for a lot of reasons - to support a good developer, to reward hard working folks who take pride in their work, and to experience an important piece of the history of passenger aviation to the degree a simulator will allow...among others
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Something to whet the appetite Jan-
    Thanks, Carl, exiting pics ! (you did not shoot those, did you ??... ;-)

What struck me like lightning out of a blue sky was the appearance of the VC while watching the tuts. My Gawd! Regarding airliner VC's, did i ever see something so beautiful and appealing in FSX or P3D ??! Hmmmmm..... NO!! (Ok, PMDG and CS jetliner VC's certainly are beautiful and appealing too but this is MSFS and it's a PROPLINER! Best of both virtual flying worlds come together! ) You DID see almost all engine gauge needles as well as the panels extremely realisticly vibrating, did you ?

Not sure if i get in trouble but here's a shot of the VC i grabbed off the vid. Everybody here needs to see this :

That's going to be my office for a looooooong time to come ! Hallelujah!!!

Wow...this will be a no-brainer purchase for me. LOVE IT.

Tim-HH said; Quote: But I can only hope that there is an option to hide the tablet… Unquote

Hey Tim! Phew! That was a close one, neh.. ;-)

First look at one of the most exiting MSFS add-ons we could only dream of sofar (Ok, that is to say 'we' propliner lovers..), starts off with the explanation of a digital thingamabob !

Oh, well.... no doubt it will work extremely well. We'll just have to figure that we'll be flying the DC-6 in the 21st Century, not in the 20th where she was born. I can sorta live with that.

Exiting times ahead of us, mate !

Yes Jan- I took the pics, both here and https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6...-dc-6-in-msfs/. Instead of what you show- THIS is my office- never did want a GPS in her... still don't

C

Tim- you can't hide it, but it isn't intrusive- you can keep it down (as I do) and you have to actually look down from the left window to see it- it works BEAUTIFULLY. Out of sight, until you need to do something with it.

For you Jan, and Manfred, and Alex and Gordo and Ted and the others... but this time 2 is only 1/2 the story

Wow! Really looking forward to this, beautifully done.

Just vacated 26R at LFPG in the rain

Another one for you and the team Jan-

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    I'm ready
    That's great news! Love your cockpit texturing work. That's my most fervent hope, that our SOH community will embrace this giant of 50s aviation, and produce liveries that will celebrate her!

C

The Eagle eyed amongst you will notice that I'm in a cruising descent- power pulled back a bit and a shallow descent. DME 2 says we are still 20 minutes out of PJM and we are going to detour south towards GOUDA to put us nicely in for a Localizer intercept. The power isn't too far back and the engines are thermal stable.

You can see the Cowls are now tightly shuttered (-2) to keep the heat IN and we are homing on the Julianna VOR on both sides. The pressurization is keeping up nicely and the Start Marker has the destination field altitude preset.

We were heavy this afternoon (it was a wet takeoff out of San Juan) and so we let her run to the end to backtrack, and saved the brakes a bit. Here you can see her, getting ready to turn around, with everything hanging out- Flap 50, Cowls fully open for the Caribbean heat... and just starting a 180 to the ramp.

On the ramp unloading...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

these images are incredible - MSFS and a proper model just change the game completely.

Makes me wonder if there will come a time in MSFS when you can select a calendar year along with the other parameters of a flight- say 1965 - and have all of the PG and vehicles rendered to be period correct...

Loving the cargo version
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I'm sooo gonna enjoy this.

I'm soooo looking forward to this
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Members who have read this thread: 1