Weird inconsistent fps with Carenado products
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird inconsistent fps with Carenado products

Weird inconsistent fps with Carenado products

Hello all,

I purchased two different aircraft from this recent sale that Carenado is having, which were the Citation S550 and Citation 525 CJ2. I followed the instructions on the install and when I load the S550, it works perfect staying in the 30 fps range. But when I load the CJ2, it is bogged down around in the 2 fps range and everything lags super bad making it un-flyable. I contacted support, as well, but I was curious if anyone here had some input on how to fix this?
    Also, I am having a similar problem with fps with the Cirrus SR-22 from Carenado, the fps on that one stays around 10-15 which is somewhat doable, but not enjoyable. Any suggestions for a fix for the Cirrus?

Thanks,

Goshawk45
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    3.5 Ghz AMD 6300 processor
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

I'm having a similar experience with the Aero Commander I just purchased. I tried the "Lite" version as well, but the FPS ranges from single digits to around 15. There is a lot of detail but I have other payware with as much detail and my FPS stays in the 25-30 range. It's a purchase I made because of the discount, but it'll probably just sit in the hangar.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I'm having a similar experience with the Aero Commander I just purchased. I tried the "Lite" version as well, but the FPS ranges from single digits to around 15. There is a lot of detail but I have other payware with as much detail and my FPS stays in the 25-30 range. It's a purchase I made because of the discount, but it'll probably just sit in the hangar.
    Sorry to hear that you are having a similar problem. I am probably going to have to do the same thing with the CJ2 and Cirrus... At least they were not full price!
    Part of me wants to try P3d V3 and see if I can get them to work better in that sim, but I am not sure if that will pay off.
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

I was having the unflyable fps loss also with previous purchased Carenado aircraft and finally traced it down to the CarenadoNavigraph.dlls in the main FSX folder. I took them out of the folders and everything went back to normal.
    Greenhouse357

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to say I'm happy I'm not alone w/my problems with Short 330/360 (see my posting in forum re: MY problems-at least your aircraft are displaying!). Disappointed with this as previous Carenado DLs worked fine but these are major pains and likely to be confined to the hangar after being taken off the sim - I need the space. After that not sure I'm going to be in market for any more Carenado products no matter how good the deal unless their techies can address my problem (I've written them about it), and will tell them so.

So we are all in the same boat then, I guess Carenado's quality is not what it seems. I figured it was the Navigraph DLL, which is awful because you loose navigation right?
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

I had a complete aircraft download that was a no-go because the password or key that was provided was faulty. It was also a "on sale" aircraft; which I guess makes its a good buy since I didn't have to pay full price for a plane that wouldn't load.

I did some testing and not surprisingly what I found was that the two glass screens are what is dragging my FPS down, more specifically the Avidyne display. If I turn that off, VC FPS goes from 9-10 to 22. I haven't checked yet to see if that component is replaceable, but if not I can still do without it. I shouldn't have to but it's not a big deal to me.

Current System Specs:

Something about the avionics in these birds from Carenado, very good concepts, but are I guess coded terribly. I am sure that we all meet or exceed the system requirements too, which is very weird that we have such bad performance. Do y'all think switching to P3D would help?
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

In my experience, it's always been Carenado's glass cockpit-equipped aircraft that brought my sim to its knees. For me, anything that rocks steam gauges and isn't ridiculously high-poly or slathered nose-to-tail in 4k textures runs smooth as silk. Might be a bit late to say this but ultimately, if you're dead set on getting something from Carenado, try some of their older products. I quite like the C340 in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by goshawk45 View Post
    Do y'all think switching to P3D would help?
    Switching to P3D might bring you up 5 frames or so, but I wouldn't count on it being a drastic increase.

FWIW maybe if it isn't enabled and you have DX10 try enabling it. It fixed several problems that I had with Carenado Aircraft. Still have others like using 4096 textures on their aircraft near major metro areas but it did help some.

SOH-CM-2020
    I've been following this thread with interest and it's not only Carenado aircraft with frame rate issues.

This is a fix for the Captain Sim B757 which had similar issues .....

Captain Sim Boeing 757-200 (FSX only)

For those of you having massive Frame problems using the 757-panel by capt.sim for FSX,here is a fix...

The bad framerate comes from both eicas gauges in 2d and vc cockpit.It seems that there is a bad programming code or whatever causes a frame around 1.2 fps...I simply replaced the two gauges with the default B737-800 eicas and the Airbus A 321 ecam...not exactly the real display in the 757 but it gives you a "normal" frame rate and makes the aircraft flyable.

Pete.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    What about just replacing their cockpit with another add-on? I thought that might help some, but the Short 330 as downloaded had about a dozen model cfgs (all having to do with its different cockpit configurations) in its "model" folder so there's no telling what going to another cockpit might do. And then there's still the issue w/the aircraft just showing up for starters in FSX. Perfect stealth aircraft - you can hear the engines, and see exhaust smoke trails from the engines, only you can't see the thing.

To be fair Carenado have not replied to my email of Friday yet so I want to see what they'll have to say about my issues, which are different from those who are in this forum post. However, if you are amenable, I can direct them to this site where they can at least read of your troubles and perhaps contact you - if you haven't already done so.

SOH-CM-2023
    At least you have something to try and fly. I just got a new system up and running and a simple drag and drop from my old hard drive results in a loaded airplane with a bunch of parts missing. I had a bunch of Carenado birds (And Alebo) but I bought most of them through FS Pilot shop so downloads and keys are lost to me so I'll have to buy them again

I also have a no show issue with the SH 330. when I try to open in in MCX it takes a long time to load (like 5 minutes) Might be something similar in FSX/P3D.

On the flipside my new computer ROCKS P3D V3.
    You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    FWIW maybe if it isn't enabled and you have DX10 try enabling it. It fixed several problems that I had with Carenado Aircraft. Still have others like using 4096 textures on their aircraft near major metro areas but it did help some.
    I run DX10 only with the fixer and the only thing that helped me was removing the .dlls.
    Greenhouse357

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thanks BG, I now know I'm not the only one w/a no-show issue here. Let's see what if anything Carenado says in their reply to the missive I sent to them and if they do I'll post it here.

I contacted support as well, hopefully they will get back to me. In the meantime, I have removed the navigraph.dll's but then cannot use navigation for flight plans, so the airplane has great framerates, but is useless for IFR flights..... Is there a way I could put the default nave database into the aircraft so I can actually navigate or is that an impossible task?
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Anyone heard anything back yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Anyone heard anything back yet?
    They offered me a refund, so I am taking full advantage of that, they do not know what is going on. If you contact them, they can either give you a refund or exchange the product out with a different one of equal value.
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the HU. I got their email earlier yesterday, won't be able to do anything about it until sometime tomorrow but we'll see and I'll let you know outcome. In their email they talked about a re-download and then installation with all anti-virus off. I'll install it directly into my FSX and in addition into a folder on the desktop to see if the contents are the same as what I downloaded before into another folder by itself. I like to keep track of everything going into my machine.

Thanks for the HU. I got their email earlier yesterday, won't be able to do anything about it until sometime tomorrow but we'll see and I'll let you know outcome. In their email they talked about a re-download and then installation with all anti-virus off. I'll install it directly into my FSX and in addition into a folder on the desktop to see if the contents are the same as what I downloaded before into another folder by itself. I like to keep track of everything going into my machine.
    Sounds good, keep me posted, I am curious if this is solvable.
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

I uninstalled the Aero Commander 690 Turbo, turned off Anti-Virus program, did a new installation (using Run as Administrator). I loaded the Lite version and noticed about 5fps better than the first installation. Better but not great, although after cycling through the view several times it seemed to level off between 15 and 20 fps. Still, it took turning off the Avidyne display to put it over 20 to around 25-28fps, so for this model on my system the "Avidyne" display is the culprit. I haven't tried the regular version yet.

UPDATE: Tested regular version and saw no change at all. FPS with or without the Avidyne display turned on remains in the single digits. One other thing of note. . .even flying the "Lite" version for the first run through this morning it wasn't very long before I got an OOM message and the Sim put me back at my desktop. I take that to mean that even though I was able to fly a long flight with a subsequent restart, flying this airplane on my system I am on the edge of an OOM problem constantly so I am going to request a refund.

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    So far today I turned off my antivirus protection (something I do NOT like to do under any circumstances), and downloaded both zipped aircraft files (330-360), a-gain. Then installed the 330 using their auto-installer plus sent another copy of the same install into a separate folder on another drive. Wanted to see what the differences were, if any, between the installs today vice three days ago. I noted there was one more screen on the auto-installer this time than there was in the past; also the files installed more completely. Install took more time and was more thorough. The individual models in the "model" folder were each installed separately this time, something that didn't happen before. I also got one more texture. After calling the aircraft up on the sim, in the viewing pane on the bottom of the master screen it came in like it was a long distance away, slowly turning in the wind. Using the scroll function on the mouse brought it closer. Pretty good textural resolution. I managed to run it twice, and in the second try I was actually able to get it respond to control surface - but NOT throttle - input. Frame rate was slow and jerky, can't give you a number, wasn't able to hit those buttons. RW issues around here competing with this for time. I think textural quality of the aircraft inst panel is about on a par with the CS C130. As soon as RW stuff around here is cleared up somewhat will give it another try running it, then report results here and ask Carenado what we can do to improve frame rate. I would guess I was probably running around 10 or 11 FPS.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    OK, problem now is another CTD after the aircraft loads; you get only the inst panel view and then it locks up tight. Also I find my fsx cfg file, in "C" drive, has changed and a ".txt" file has been generated showing what the changes are. I'm through w/this, life shouldn't be this complex (at least as far as hobbies are concerned), and certainly not in retirement. I'm going to demand a refund for the purchases and after this know I'm not picking up any more Carenado products. Our merchant/customer relationship is over.

OK, problem now is another CTD after the aircraft loads; you get only the inst panel view and then it locks up tight. Also I find my fsx cfg file, in "C" drive, has changed and a ".txt" file has been generated showing what the changes are. I'm through w/this, life shouldn't be this complex (at least as far as hobbies are concerned), and certainly not in retirement. I'm going to demand a refund for the purchases and after this know I'm not picking up any more Carenado products. Our merchant/customer relationship is over.
    I agree, hobbies shouldn't be this difficult. Carenado is easy to work with to get refunds for defective products and other issues. I got it resolved within 2 days because of email delay because of time zones I assume.
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

Members who have read this thread: 0