"spoilers" animation

Thread: "spoilers" animation

"spoilers" animation

Hello all
    I had some time to work again on my RAF Re8, and I try to set up a spoiler animation, showing and hiding a part with "spoilerwell_L" or "spoilerwell_R", and it don't work, something has to be done in the aircraft.cfg or the air file, but I don't know what, may be some experimented builder would know?

Best regards
    Martin

Not sure if "spoilerwell_L" and "spoilerwell_R" work in CFS2. If the spoilers are working but CFS2 isn't changing to the spoilerwells than I guess CFS2 can't use spoilerwells.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thanks Allen for your quick answer

I'm sure spoilerwell works in CFS2, to hide and seek a part, here is the Re8 fitted with an air file and an aircraft.cfg where I know the spoiler animation works:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spoilerwell_off.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	82261
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spoilerwell_on.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	82262

So, in fact, my question could rather be if you know what to do for the spoiler animation to work in CFS2, it seems depending on aircraft.cfg or air file that it may work or not.
    An other problem I'll have is that spoilerwell is normally hidden, and shown with "D" key, and the contrary would be better. For example, the FS9 Fokker DVII made by Stuart Green converted to CFS2 can hide engine cowlings with "D" key, and the parts are normally shown.

Have a lovely day, cheers
    Martin

Spoiler animations do work but no idea about the spoilerwells for gMax made models. The air file you need to go to 327 Spoiler Available and set to true. Inside of the 1101 Primarty Aerodynamics find the Spoiler Cycle Time and set a time.

And 320 controls -- spoiler movement = 1.0 ?

Yeah, thanks Allen and Sarg Willy, you saved my day

The record 320 "spoiler angle limit" setted to 1 did perfectly the job, even with record 327 "spoilers available" on false, so perhaps I won't "benefit" of the spoilers effects on flight.

Once more thousands thanks
    Martin

Spoiler drag is set in the 1101 Primarty Aerodynamics

Thanks Allen, the spoiler drag coefficient to 0 will prevent unwished effects.
    I tried to set up one of these values to -1 one by one, but it doesn't invert the show/hide process, and in some cases it's very nasty! (it's always possible to dream )

Cheers
    Martin

Members who have read this thread: 0