8CL1 Lake Wohlford Resort Airport

Thread: 8CL1 Lake Wohlford Resort Airport

8CL1 Lake Wohlford Resort Airport

I'm am experiencing runway issues where it will for some reason disappear and the appear, depending on where the aircraft is to this airport.
    Anyone else experiencing this? Only airport where I've seen this happen. It depends on the vicinity of the aircraft to this airport as to the disappearing runway for which
    I don't understand why this is happening.

No runway show here:

Now, the runway can be seen as I have moved to new area:

On approach the runway is still there

No runway

Real 8CL1

Actual landing and takeoff from this airport - Didn't know it was considered an "Extreme Airport" but now I can see why.
    I was stationed at NAS Miramar in the 60's, early 70's and didn't know it existed then. Nearby Escondido was just a small town back then.

Last edited by gray eagle; March 28th, 2021 at 09:56.

Sometimes this is the case with additional scenery in P3Dv5. Is it your project? Looks like missing backgrounds underlay maybe if at some angles apron or runway disappears.
    Its a good idea check in ADE that all underlys are present. Also sametimes helps for this to do bigger flatten background.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Sometimes this is the case with additional scenery in P3Dv5. Is it your project? Looks like missing backgrounds underlay maybe if at some angles apron or runway disappears.
    Its a good idea check in ADE that all underlys are present. Also sametimes helps for this to do bigger flatten background.
    I guess I should of said this is in P3D V4.5 and not a project, this is stock airport that came with P3D V4.5 -

A friend, who now lives at an airpark in Texas, had a 1958 Cessna 172 he and I spent a year rebuilding on weekends up at Wohlford.

It doesn't really look like those screenshots. There should be a scary drop off at both ends of the runway. Kind of like Catalina but
    on a smaller scale. It was not easy to fly into or out of if you weren't familiar.

Not a $100 dollar hamburger stop since it was a restricted field with a locked gate at the bottom of the hill.

Good times though. Thanks for the reminder. I live in the closest town, Escondido.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I guess I should of said this is in P3D V4.5 and not a project, this is stock airport that came with P3D V4.5 -
    Do You use any additional mesh?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Great video. That's what it was like. My friend's hanger was the tall peaked roof one on the left that you see during takeoff and landing. Big enough to park the Cessna and his Jeep and other stuff along with the fuselage and wing frames of a Piper Cub in the rafters. There are paint ball game areas under you as you takeoff. And on landing you come in over the lake as you cranked in the flaps and then come back after passing a house on a hill to your left with a big American flag on a pole.

Actual landing and takeoff from this airport - Didn't know it was considered an "Extreme Airport" but now I can see why.
    I was stationed at NAS Miramar in the 60's, early 70's and didn't know it existed then. Nearby Escondido was just a small town back then.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Great video. That's what it was like. My friend's hanger was the tall peaked roof one on the left that you see during takeoff and landing. Big enough to park the Cessna and his Jeep and other stuff along with the fuselage and wing frames of a Piper Cub in the rafters. There are paint ball game areas under you as you takeoff. And on landing you come in over the lake as you cranked in the flaps and then come back after passing a house on a hill to your left with a big American flag on a pole.
    Would like to see if someone talented with scenery addons could maybe redo 8CL1 for P3D 4.5 to show it for what it is.
    In P3D 4.5 the runway will sometimes show then a few moments later, it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Do You use any additional mesh?
    Nope, I haven't touched it. It's what you see.

I found on another site a video that illustrates same issue as I am experiencing but at 8CL1 and with P3D V4.5

I found a fix for this because I met such a problem myself. I followed the topic, its a bug from P3Dv3-v5 but its hard to duplicate it.
    However you need knowladge of ADE to use it. I cant do if for you because I have v5 (and here are some differences between v4.5 and v5 with datas). You can send me this airport in bgl possibly and I can do it for you (I cant use bgl from v5 for this).

I found on another site a video that illustrates same issue as I am experiencing but at 8CL1 and with P3D V4.5

That is my video!

I remember I had this issue and I think that the solution was to move the ORBX libraries entries further down in the scenery library. I do not remember exactly the location.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    That is my video!

I remember I had this issue and I think that the solution was to move the ORBX libraries entries further down in the scenery library. I do not remember exactly the location.
    He has default scenery (this airport) so I think its below ORBX lib who usually come on on the top (and now its in Lib Add ons in current version of the Central FTX - so you cant manage this like it was before).

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    That is my video!

I tried that and no luck. Still have the issue. I don't fly there that much so it's no big deal and I rather not accidentally break something in my sim juggling scenery priorities.

Thanks anyway.

Members who have read this thread: 2