R. Laborie's Vought Crusader F-8 for P3D4 & 5 released

Thread: R. Laborie's Vought Crusader F-8 for P3D4 & 5 released

R. Laborie's Vought Crusader F-8 for P3D4 & 5 released

https://secure.simmarket.com/roland-...8-p3d4-5.phtml

This looks interesting, especially the various animations and effects available. It's not particularly expensive (29 Euros), but a
    bit beyond my budget at the moment. I'll be interested in seeing what people think about it.

-RobM

Thx for info!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Downloaded.

You're going to need dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll from Doug Dawson in your main 'gauges' folder.

Dave

Oh, yes.

Dave

Blog Entries
    Well-this was a surprise.

As an avid F-8 aficionado, I should be extremely excited. To be sure, the VC looks quite nice, and the inclusion of the XF8U is a very nice and rare touch.

However, the E model looks oddly malformed aft of the cockpit/dorsal area as well as the tail. The NMC DF-8A scheme is painted on the E model, which I’d have imagined an extremely well known distinction to know if you’re modelling this subject. The bizarre fixation with the Bullpup, a weapon of extremely limited operational use to the point of including it on models like the prototype is just that-bizarre. Most notably, the inclusion of the AGM’s avionics hump on that first prototype. Why? That and other easy to spot mistakes does not encourage the expectation of accuracy in other, more subtle areas.

Had an RF-8A or G been included, that might have convinced me. But as it stands, it’s a pass for me. Which is sad, as I’ve had a deep connection with every F-8 model for FS since the start of this millennium.

Nevertheless, a tip of the hat to Roland for taking on a Cold War icon.

D

Hey DL, I seem to remember last year that the RFN 8 project (Sylvain) was planning for the wing rack additions (F-8E). Here is a link to some of that discussion (V1.3) - I wonder if it ever came to fruition?, or is this release one and the same? https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...t=#post1246913

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Hey DL, I seem to remember last year that the RFN 8 project (Sylvain) was planning for the wing rack additions (F-8E). Here is a link to some of that discussion (V1.3) - I wonder if it ever came to fruition?, or is this release one and the same?
    Not the same and Sylvain is still working on it between everything else. But let's not hijack this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Not the same and Sylvain is still working on it between everything else. But let's not hijack this thread.
    Opps, sorry 'bout that I thought this F-8 creation was perhaps same as RFN.

No, different release and let me backtrack that hijack remark.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Opps, sorry 'bout that I thought this F-8 creation was perhaps same as RFN.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Any opinions how this compares to the free RFN Crusader? Is it worth paying for?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Any opinions how this compares to the free RFN Crusader? Is it worth paying for?
    I guess it depends if you want to pay for the F8-E with ordnance loaded on the wing racks and ability to launch them or
    wait for the RFN to release their F8-E and will be free.

Quote Originally Posted by aircraft_ozone View Post
    This is a free update, if you've already purchased the original.

Dave

Its a new version or new variants?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Its a new version or new variants?
    It's Version 2 -- and the installation path reflects that -- so remember to remove Version 1.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0